|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wife stammer when when her husband kisses her?
(a) I need to get changed
(b) We have not had luncheon yet
(c) I must go to the bathroom
(d) Are you hungry?
2. What does the maid squeeze the orange juice into?
(a) A wine glass
(b) A saucer
(c) The young wife's mouth
(d) A chilled goblet
3. What does the young wife say the phone is as dead as?
(a) The waves
(b) The sea air
(d) Her husband's wives
4. What kind of novel does the young wife say she wants to read?
(a) A yellow paper novel
(b) A funny novel
(c) A romantic novel
(d) A victorian novel
5. What does the young wife say is bad about the passage?
(a) It smells of death
(b) It is full of rats
(c) It is ill lit
(d) It is dusty and full of cobwebs
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the young wife say the desk is?
2. What did the Romanian wife work as in Montmartre?
3. What does the wife say is the source of her husband's Russian leather odor?
4. Who does the cigar remind the young girl of?
5. Why does the young wife think no one will believe her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Carter uses a castle as her main setting?
2. In what way is Bloody Chamber a feminist story?
3. What do you know about Marquis's from other popular fiction?
4. What do you think the girl means to the Marquis?
5. Why do you think the husband tries to tempt his young wife with the small key?
6. What do you think is the significance of the opal?
7. Why do you think music is so important to the young wife?
8. Why do you think the piano is the only character Carter gives a name to?
9. Why is it significant that the Marquis smells of Russian leather?
10. Why do you think Carter focuses so much on the young girl's body?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)