|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young wife decide to do to keep her husband away?
(b) Lock the doors
(c) Play the piano
(d) Call the police
2. What does the maid bring the young wife for breakfast?
(c) Hot chocolate
(d) Warm rolls
3. What opera had the young wife heard her husband's first wife sing?
(a) Magic Flute
(b) Phantom of the Opera
4. How long does the husband say he has to go away for?
(a) Six weeks
(b) Three weeks
(c) Three days
(d) Two weeks
5. What does the husband say the English call his private room?
(a) A den
(b) An inn
(c) A castle
(d) A public house
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the young wife come from?
2. What does the young wife remember as she lies in her new bedroom?
3. What thought calms the young wife?
4. What chills the young wife's thighs?
5. Why does the husband like his wife in her white muslin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Carter represents the Marquis as unstable and crazy or just plain evil?
2. What do you think the differences are between a novella and a novel?
3. What do you think is the significance of the opal?
4. In what way is Bloody Chamber a feminist story?
5. Is it significant that the young girl compares her mother to Medusa?
6. Why do you think Carter uses a castle as her main setting?
7. What reason do you think the young wife cries to her mother?
8. Why do you think the story constantly harks back to past times?
9. How do you think Brittany is different to the young wife's life in Paris?
10. What do you think the girl means to the Marquis?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)