|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they say doomed the Romanian wife?
2. What race of people does the young wife compare her husband's eyes to?
3. What does the young wife hear outside the room?
(a) The flick of a light switch
(b) A crash of a dropped stick
(c) A knock on the door
(d) A low cackle
4. What does the maid squeeze the orange juice into?
(a) A wine glass
(b) A chilled goblet
(c) A saucer
(d) The young wife's mouth
5. What does the husband want her to do with the keys?
(a) Give them to the house keeper
(b) Throw them into the sea
(c) Look after them
(d) Use them to beat him
6. What does the young wife say is the worst thing about the Opera singer?
(a) Her eyes are open
(b) She looks alive
(c) She smells
(d) She is smiling
7. What does the young wife blame for the piano being out of tune?
(a) Careless fingers
(b) The sea breeze
(c) People stamping their feet
(d) The house keeper
8. Where do the couple hold their wedding?
(a) The Monet Hall
(b) The Mairie
(c) Celia Palais
(d) The Eiffel Tower
9. What color ribbon is the box tied with?
10. What does the husband say while lighting his cigar?
(a) This will be fun
11. Who does the young wife say used to tie red ribbons around their necks?
(b) The aristos
(c) The libertines
12. What does the young wife say her husband's chuckle sounds like?
(a) A hollow, knocking sound
(b) A dog's growl
(c) A lion's roar
(d) A child sobbing
13. What is marked on the paper napkin?
(a) Les Miserables
(b) La Coupole
(c) La Duvet
(d) La Merriot
14. What does the young wife say drove her on?
(b) Her mother's spirit
(d) Her father's love
15. Where does her husband live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the young wife say lies naked upon a bed?
2. What is the skull crowned with?
3. How big does the young wife say the opal on her ring is?
4. What spatters through the drawn blinds of the railway compartment?
5. What instrument does the young wife like to play?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)