|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the curtains in the library?
2. How does the young wife describe her husband's movements?
(a) Like a ballet dance
(b) Slow like a neandrathal
(c) Coarse and vulgar
3. What does the husband say when his wife complains that it is broad daylight?
(a) All the better to see you
(b) Chill out
(c) Time does not matter
(d) I want every one to hear
4. What does the young wife say lays in the center of the room?
(a) A catafalque
(b) A wheel
(c) A dead body
(d) An iron maiden
5. What does the young wife say her husband presses her to?
(a) The side of the car
(b) His pot belly
(c) The wall of the house
(d) His vicuna breast
6. What does the young wife say her husband smells of?
(b) Old spices
(d) Russian leather
7. What does the young wife think when the husband slips off her jacket?
(b) When do we finish
(c) Hurry up
8. What gives the young wife pleasure?
(a) That the piano tuner had looked at the piano
(b) She is pregnant
(c) That her husband is back
(d) That the maid complimented her beauty
9. Who does the young see in the iron maiden?
(a) The Romanian Countess
(b) Her husband
(c) Her mother
(d) The house keeper
10. In what country does the story take place?
(a) Great Britain
11. How many secrets does the husband say a man must have from his wife?
12. What does the young wife do the moment the house keeper leaves the room?
(a) Kicks her piano
13. What does the young wife say is the worst thing about the Opera singer?
(a) She is smiling
(b) Her eyes are open
(c) She smells
(d) She looks alive
14. What does the young wife think her husband has left her for?
(a) A month of debauchery
(b) A importunate mistress
(c) Wall street
(d) To go skiing
15. What does the young wife compare the box her wedding dress came to?
(a) Pandora's box
(b) A can of jumping beans
(c) Crystallised fruit
(d) A fish and chip wrap
Short Answer Questions
1. What is marked on the paper napkin?
2. What does the young wife see on the opera singers throat?
3. What does the husband drink at dinner?
4. What can the young wife see the outline of?
5. How many spikes does the young wife say the countess is spiked by?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)