|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivy tell Jean-Claude that vampires aren't supposed to be able to do?
(a) Turn into bats.
(b) Capture another vampire with their gaze.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Walk around in the day light.
2. What does Jason tell Anita when he lays down to let Jean-Claude feed on him?
(a) He has more blood to give than Anita.
(b) The neck hurts less.
(c) Anita should have let him go first.
(d) It shouldn't have hurt her so bad.
3. What does Jean-Claude say is one of the reasons that Serephina wants Anita?
(a) So that she can wield the magic that Anita has.
(b) To spite him.
(c) To take Magnus's place.
(d) So that she can wield the magic behind the human courts.
4. How does Bayard die?
(a) Stirling shoots him.
(b) Vampires kill him.
(c) Bloody Bones kills him.
(d) The zombies kill him.
5. What does Dorcas explain she was looking for when she came to see Anita in Chapter 21?
(a) The Quinlan boy.
(b) Detective Freemont.
(c) Mr. Stirling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serephina offer to let Anita do?
2. What does Anita feel when she watches Jean-Claude stop breathing as the sun comes up?
3. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita when she asks if the form of the two women vampires is an illusion or if Jean-Claude's form is an illusion.
4. What does Xavier say that he did when Anita asks him if he gave Bloody Bones the sword or actually helped him kill the teenagers?
5. What does Magnus explain that Serephina offered him in exchange for being her servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita do when she realizes that Jean-Claude isn't breathing and that his heart isn't beating?
2. What does Jean-Claude tell Anita of the council in Chapter 22?
3. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 31.
4. What happens in Chapter 27 when Anita and the others walk outside to meet Serephina for the first time?
5. What does Janos explain that the two human girls are there for in Chapter 25?
6. What happens after Ivy is killed?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 27 when Serephina first tries to get Anita to come willingly into her arms.
8. What happens when Anita wakes up in Chapter 39?
9. What does Magnus explain to Anita about the reason that Serephina wants him?
10. What happens in the end of Chapter 38?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)