|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bride do with her crown when the servant hands it to her?
2. Who does the bride try to get to stay with her and her new husband on their wedding night?
3. Which member of the Felix family does the mother say started murdering others?
4. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
5. What does Leonardo do when the bride and groom arrive at the home after the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of horses in the play. What do they represent? Are horses used to personify certain characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. Who are the most isolated characters? What causes their isolation? What is the author's purpose for portraying isolation in this way?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)