|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes marriage as "a great inheritance"?
2. Who is the mother angry to see at the wedding?
3. Who says "your eyes are two thorns"?
4. What object do the woodcutters ask to hide Leonardo and the bride?
5. How does Leonardo travel to the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
Essay Topic 2
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of blood in the play. What does blood mean to the characters in terms of marriage and family? What about love?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)