|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument plays when the bride finally appears to everyone in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which member of the Felix family does the mother say started murdering others?
3. What bird is the husband compared to in the wedding chant in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does the son/groom tell the bride her orange blossoms are made of?
5. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of flowers in the play. What is the author's purpose for using them? In what ways do flowers personify the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of horses in the play. What do they represent? Are horses used to personify certain characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. Who are the most isolated characters? What causes their isolation? What is the author's purpose for portraying isolation in this way?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)