|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does one woodcutter claim "carried the fate of his family"?
2. What does the beggar woman represent?
3. How far of a ride is the church from the bride's house?
4. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
5. Finish the sentence: "My mother came from rich country, full of ____".
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the concept of fate in the play. What role does fate play in the lives of the play's characters? Does anyone tempt or try and alter their fate? If so, what are the ramifications of this?
Essay Topic 3Discuss the portrayal of woman's roles in society in the play. Do any of the female characters stray from this role? If so, what are the ramifications for their desire to play a different role?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)