|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You know me, you know I say what I think"?
2. What color clothes does the beggar woman wear?
3. What does the bride get angry at the groom/son for doing?
4. Who describes marriage as "endless bitterness"?
5. What bird is the husband compared to in the wedding chant in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the lullaby in Act 1, Scene 2. What purpose does the lullaby play? What significance does reciting the lullaby twice have?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of weapons in the play. What do they symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)