|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I will sleep at your feet, I will guard your dreams"?
2. What object do the woodcutters ask to hide Leonardo and the bride?
3. Who is Leonardo talking about when he says, "when he's dead he's dead"?
4. What does the servant tell the groom/son she has prepared for him and the bride for midnight?
5. What is described as "a wash of silver"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
Essay Topic 2
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the lullaby in Act 1, Scene 2. What purpose does the lullaby play? What significance does reciting the lullaby twice have?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)