|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bride get angry at the groom/son for doing?
2. How far of a ride is the church from the bride's house?
3. Who first discovers that the bride may be missing from her room?
4. What does the bride describe as "a hard step, a painful step"?
5. Who is Leonardo talking about when he says, "when he's dead he's dead"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of fate in the play. What role does fate play in the lives of the play's characters? Does anyone tempt or try and alter their fate? If so, what are the ramifications of this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of flowers in the play. What is the author's purpose for using them? In what ways do flowers personify the characters of the play?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)