|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Round swan on the river, Cathedral's eye...I am all these things"?
2. Who does the groom/son run into in the woods after leaving the youth?
3. Who says "your eyes are two thorns"?
4. What bird is the husband compared to in the wedding chant in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does the mother and bride's father refer to as "the one hope left"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. Who are the most isolated characters? What causes their isolation? What is the author's purpose for portraying isolation in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of Leonardo's wife's fate. In what ways will she be forever affected by her husband's choices? What character will her life most resemble now that Leonardo is out of the picture?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the mother and son's view of forgiveness. How does each character handle their issues from the past? What role does forgiveness play when dealing with these issues?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)