|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bride describe as "a hard step, a painful step"?
2. What does the mother and bride's father refer to as "the one hope left"?
3. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
4. What is the moon portrayed as?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, what color is the bride's balcony in the wedding chant sung by the servants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the male characters' views of marriage in the play. Compare and contrast these views and analyze the importance of the differences shown between the male characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of anger in the play. Which characters show the most anger and what are the motivations behind it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters' struggles with being an individual versus being a member of society. What visible boundaries do the characters have for trying to do both?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)