|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the servant ask Leonardo about that he forgets and then remembers 'as in a dream'?
2. What reason does the bride have for leaving the wedding party the first time?
3. What does the mother and bride's father refer to as "the one hope left"?
4. What does Leonardo do when the bride and groom arrive at the home after the wedding?
5. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
Essay Topic 2
In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)