|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes marriage as "endless bitterness"?
2. Who says, "You know me, you know I say what I think"?
3. What does the son/groom tell the bride her orange blossoms are made of?
4. Who says "Shine the waistcoat, undo the buttons"?
5. Who says, "hug her so hard you hurt her just a little"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of anger in the play. Which characters show the most anger and what are the motivations behind it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of Leonardo's betrayal of his wife. What are the possible permanent repercussions she must deal with because of her husband's choices?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the lullaby in Act 1, Scene 2. What purpose does the lullaby play? What significance does reciting the lullaby twice have?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)