|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part does the son/groom say belongs to his father and brother?
2. Who says, "I want to see no eyes but yours"?
3. How far of a ride is the church from the bride's house?
4. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
5. Who informs the crowd that the bride and Leonardo have run off together?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the mother and son's view of forgiveness. How does each character handle their issues from the past? What role does forgiveness play when dealing with these issues?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of blood in the play. What does blood mean to the characters in terms of marriage and family? What about love?
Essay Topic 3
In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)