|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts a new bridle on the horse in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What phrase is repeated several times by the moon in its first speech?
3. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
4. What two objects does one woodcutter compare the bride and Leonardo to?
5. Finish the sentence: "When you go from your home to the church, remember you go like a ______ _________"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of flowers in the play. What is the author's purpose for using them? In what ways do flowers personify the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the play's portrayal of mourning. How do the characters in the play mourn similarly and differently? What does mourning bring to these characters?
Essay Topic 3
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)