|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
2. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
3. Who is the first guest to arrive at the wedding?
4. Who does the servant ask Leonardo about that he forgets and then remembers 'as in a dream'?
5. What is described as "a wash of silver"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of woman's roles in society in the play. Do any of the female characters stray from this role? If so, what are the ramifications for their desire to play a different role?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of horses in the play. What do they represent? Are horses used to personify certain characters?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)