|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the bride and Leonardo say fills their tongues?
2. Who does one woodcutter claim "carried the fate of his family"?
3. What two weapons do the woodcutters say the people searching for Leonardo and the bride have?
4. What does the bride describe as "a hard step, a painful step"?
5. What is the moon portrayed as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of horses in the play. What do they represent? Are horses used to personify certain characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of anger in the play. Which characters show the most anger and what are the motivations behind it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of flowers in the play. What is the author's purpose for using them? In what ways do flowers personify the characters of the play?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)