|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
2. What reason does the bride have for leaving the wedding party the first time?
3. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
4. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the bride and Leonardo say fills their tongues?
5. What does the bride describe as "a hard step, a painful step"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of trees in the play. What do they represent? What purpose do they play?
Essay Topic 2
In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of blood in the play. What does blood mean to the characters in terms of marriage and family? What about love?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)