|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
2. What does the groom/son ask for when he finds out that the bride has run off with Leonardo?
3. Who is Leonardo talking about when he says, "when he's dead he's dead"?
4. What does the servant tell the groom/son she has prepared for him and the bride for midnight?
5. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the irony of Leonardo's betrayal of his wife. What are the possible permanent repercussions she must deal with because of her husband's choices?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of color in the play. What colors are most associated with the play's characters? What importance does color play in the community of the play?
Essay Topic 3
In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)