|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the beggar woman say would be beautiful if he was asleep?
2. Who says, "You know me, you know I say what I think"?
3. Who says "Shine the waistcoat, undo the buttons"?
4. Who says, "hug her so hard you hurt her just a little"?
5. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of Leonardo's betrayal of his wife. What are the possible permanent repercussions she must deal with because of her husband's choices?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the play's portrayal of mourning. How do the characters in the play mourn similarly and differently? What does mourning bring to these characters?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)