|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
2. What is described as "a wash of silver"?
3. Who first discovers that the bride may be missing from her room?
4. Where does the bride ask that the servant comb her hair?
5. What two objects does one woodcutter compare the bride and Leonardo to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of horses in the play. What do they represent? Are horses used to personify certain characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of flowers in the play. What is the author's purpose for using them? In what ways do flowers personify the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the mother and son's view of forgiveness. How does each character handle their issues from the past? What role does forgiveness play when dealing with these issues?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)