|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the beggar woman say would be beautiful if he was asleep?
2. What color clothes does the beggar woman wear?
3. Who is the first guest to arrive at the wedding?
4. Who describes marriage as "a great inheritance"?
5. What does the servant tell the groom/son she has prepared for him and the bride for midnight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of trees in the play. What do they represent? What purpose do they play?
Essay Topic 2
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of fate in the play. What role does fate play in the lives of the play's characters? Does anyone tempt or try and alter their fate? If so, what are the ramifications of this?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)