|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonardo do when the bride and groom arrive at the home after the wedding?
2. Who first discovers that the bride may be missing from her room?
3. What is the moon portrayed as?
4. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
5. What does the servant tell the groom/son she has prepared for him and the bride for midnight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the play's portrayal of mourning. How do the characters in the play mourn similarly and differently? What does mourning bring to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of isolation in the play. Who are the most isolated characters? What causes their isolation? What is the author's purpose for portraying isolation in this way?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the male characters' views of marriage in the play. Compare and contrast these views and analyze the importance of the differences shown between the male characters.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)