|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bride's wedding crown made of?
2. Where does the bride ask that the servant comb her hair?
3. Who says "Shine the waistcoat, undo the buttons"?
4. Who is the mother angry to see at the wedding?
5. Who does one woodcutter claim "carried the fate of his family"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the mother and son's view of forgiveness. How does each character handle their issues from the past? What role does forgiveness play when dealing with these issues?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of fate in the play. What role does fate play in the lives of the play's characters? Does anyone tempt or try and alter their fate? If so, what are the ramifications of this?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)