|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "My mother came from rich country, full of ____".
2. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, what color is the bride's balcony in the wedding chant sung by the servants?
3. What reason does the bride have for leaving the wedding party the first time?
4. Who does the beggar woman say would be beautiful if he was asleep?
5. How does Leonardo travel to the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters' struggles with being an individual versus being a member of society. What visible boundaries do the characters have for trying to do both?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the play's portrayal of mourning. How do the characters in the play mourn similarly and differently? What does mourning bring to these characters?
Essay Topic 3
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)