|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
2. Who says, "Round swan on the river, Cathedral's eye...I am all these things"?
3. Complete the sentence: "When the ____ chooses a path it has to be followed".
4. What does Leonardo do when the bride and groom arrive at the home after the wedding?
5. What does the mother and bride's father refer to as "the one hope left"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the male characters' views of marriage in the play. Compare and contrast these views and analyze the importance of the differences shown between the male characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the play's portrayal of mourning. How do the characters in the play mourn similarly and differently? What does mourning bring to these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of weapons in the play. What do they symbolize?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)