|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the bride and Leonardo say fills their tongues?
2. What is the moon portrayed as?
3. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
4. Who describes marriage as "a great inheritance"?
5. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the male characters' views of marriage in the play. Compare and contrast these views and analyze the importance of the differences shown between the male characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of fate in the play. What role does fate play in the lives of the play's characters? Does anyone tempt or try and alter their fate? If so, what are the ramifications of this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)