|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
2. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
4. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Leonardo and the bride discuss while they are hiding in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What item do the servant girls bother the bride about after the wedding and how does she react towards them?
3. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
4. How does the bride's father react when the mother says her son can sell her land when she has died?
5. What does the mother say about the day her other son died?
6. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
7. What does the mother say about the bride after she has discovered she ran off with Leonardo?
8. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
9. What questions does Leonardo asks the bride while they are hiding in the woods, and what does this say about their escape?
10. How does Leonardo react when his wife asks why he is leaving the house again at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of flowers in the play. What is the author's purpose for using them? In what ways do flowers personify the characters of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of Leonardo's wife's fate. In what ways will she be forever affected by her husband's choices? What character will her life most resemble now that Leonardo is out of the picture?
Essay Topic 3
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)