|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
2. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
3. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
4. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
5. Who says, "She might be right. That girl has depths"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bride say towards the servant girls when talking about getting married just after her wedding?
2. After Leonardo gives his excuse for being out on his horse, what does his wife begin doing?
3. How does the neighbor describe the bride to the mother in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What do Leonardo and the bride discuss while they are hiding in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does the beggar woman offer to the groom when he first meets her in the woods?
6. How does the mother react when the neighbor tells her that her husband and son are better off where they are in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What does the bride tell the groom when she leaves the party after the wedding?
8. What does the mother tell her son she thinks of his getting married?
9. How does the mother act towards the bride when she first enters the house after the mens' deaths?
10. How does the bride react after the servant tells her that a man on a horse was at her window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the role of isolation in the play. Who are the most isolated characters? What causes their isolation? What is the author's purpose for portraying isolation in this way?
Essay Topic 2In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
Essay Topic 3Describe the male characters' views of marriage in the play. Compare and contrast these views and analyze the importance of the differences shown between the male characters.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)