Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
2. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
3. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
4. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
5. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mother act towards the bride when she first enters the house after the mens' deaths?
2. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
3. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
4. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
5. How does the mother react when the neighbor tells her that her husband and son are better off where they are in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does the mother say about the day her other son died?
7. What do the son/groom and Leonardo's wife talk about after the wedding?
8. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
9. How does the neighbor describe the bride to the mother in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. Why does the mother say she wishes her son was a girl?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the mother and son's view of forgiveness. How does each character handle their issues from the past? What role does forgiveness play when dealing with these issues?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of fate in the play. What role does fate play in the lives of the play's characters? Does anyone tempt or try and alter their fate? If so, what are the ramifications of this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters' struggles with being an individual versus being a member of society. What visible boundaries do the characters have for trying to do both?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)