|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
2. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
3. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
4. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
5. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the bride's father react when the mother says her son can sell her land when she has died?
2. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
3. What do the moon and the beggar woman want to do together in terms of dealing with the lovers?
4. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
5. What are some of the complaints the mother makes about the bride's land?
6. Who does Leonardo's wife tell Leonardo that she fears she will end up like and in what way does she feel this similarity?
7. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for being rude to the girl who tells them about the son buying gifts for the bride?
8. What does the bride tell the groom when she leaves the party after the wedding?
9. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
10. In Act 1, Scene 2 when the messenger girl comes to the house telling of the gifts the son has bought for his bride, how does the mother-in-law react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the lullaby in Act 1, Scene 2. What purpose does the lullaby play? What significance does reciting the lullaby twice have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of horses in the play. What do they represent? Are horses used to personify certain characters?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)