|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
2. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
3. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
4. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
5. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mother react towards the bride's pleas to her after the two mens' deaths?
2. How does the mother act towards the bride when she first enters the house after the mens' deaths?
3. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. How does the bride react after the servant tells her that a man on a horse was at her window?
5. What reason does the bride give her servant for not wanting to get married?
6. What does the bride's father say about the mother's land when they first meet?
7. What case does the bride want to make to the mother after the two men have died?
8. Why does the bride come out of her room and confront Leonardo just before her wedding?
9. What do the groom and the youth discuss in the forest in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. What does the mother say about the bride after she has discovered she ran off with Leonardo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of weapons in the play. What do they symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the male characters' views of marriage in the play. Compare and contrast these views and analyze the importance of the differences shown between the male characters.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)