Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
2. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
3. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
4. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
5. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mother act towards the bride when she first enters the house after the mens' deaths?
2. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
3. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
4. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
5. How does the mother react when the neighbor tells her that her husband and son are better off where they are in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does the mother say about the day her other son died?
7. What do the son/groom and Leonardo's wife talk about after the wedding?
8. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
9. How does the neighbor describe the bride to the mother in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. Why does the mother say she wishes her son was a girl?
Essay Topic 1
In the play, both the mother and the bride discuss their desires for very similar things. Compare and contrast the mother and the bride. What common bond do these seemingly different characters have with each other? Do these characters realize their similar desires?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of blood in the play. What does blood mean to the characters in terms of marriage and family? What about love?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the strained relationships in the play. What is the relationship between the characters that shows the most strain? What are the reasons or motivations for their strain?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)