|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
2. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
3. Who said, "You have to punish it, torture it, to get anything!"?
4. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
5. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
2. What item do the servant girls bother the bride about after the wedding and how does she react towards them?
3. Who does Leonardo's wife tell Leonardo that she fears she will end up like and in what way does she feel this similarity?
4. What do Leonardo and his wife argue about before leaving for the church?
5. What does the bride say towards the servant girls when talking about getting married just after her wedding?
6. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
7. In Act 1, Scene 2 when the messenger girl comes to the house telling of the gifts the son has bought for his bride, how does the mother-in-law react?
8. What case does the bride want to make to the mother after the two men have died?
9. What do the moon and the beggar woman want to do together in terms of dealing with the lovers?
10. What are some of the complaints the mother makes about the bride's land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of weapons in the play. What do they symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters' struggles with being an individual versus being a member of society. What visible boundaries do the characters have for trying to do both?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of flowers in the play. What is the author's purpose for using them? In what ways do flowers personify the characters of the play?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)