|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
2. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
3. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
4. How long does it take the mother to get to the bride's home?
5. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Leonardo's wife tell Leonardo that she fears she will end up like and in what way does she feel this similarity?
2. How does the mother react when the neighbor tells her that her husband and son are better off where they are in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What item do the servant girls bother the bride about after the wedding and how does she react towards them?
4. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
5. What questions does Leonardo asks the bride while they are hiding in the woods, and what does this say about their escape?
6. What does Leonardo tell the bride they're pretending by claiming to forget about their love and move on to other people? What has this really caused to happen?
7. After Leonardo gives his excuse for being out on his horse, what does his wife begin doing?
8. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
9. Why does the mother refuse to leave her home to live with her son?
10. What does the mother say about the day her other son died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the mother and son's view of forgiveness. How does each character handle their issues from the past? What role does forgiveness play when dealing with these issues?
Essay Topic 2
In the play, both the bride and Leonardo show similar reactions to the bride and son's impending wedding. What is this reaction? What is the author's intent of portraying such similar reactions between these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of trees in the play. What do they represent? What purpose do they play?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)