|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the bride and Leonardo say fills their tongues?
(a) Splinters and glass.
(b) Needles and thorns.
(c) Lies and hate.
2. What is the first thing the groom says to the bride on their wedding day?
(a) I love you.
(b) You look beautiful.
(c) What made you choose those shoes for today?
(d) How are you.
3. What does the bride beg Leonardo to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Never leave her.
(b) Leave her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Love her.
4. How many woodcutters appear in the forest?
5. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
2. What color branch do the woodcutters ask death to give to the couple?
3. What body part does the son/groom say belongs to his father and brother?
4. Who does the bride try to get to stay with her and her new husband on their wedding night?
5. What does the groom/son and the youth compare their search for the bride and Leonardo to?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)