|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes marriage as "a shining white bed. And a woman. And a man."?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The bride.
(c) The son.
(d) The servant.
2. What does the bride beg Leonardo to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Love her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Never leave her.
(d) Leave her.
3. What color clothes does the beggar woman wear?
(a) Dark green.
(c) Dark brown.
4. Who does one woodcutter claim "carried the fate of his family"?
(b) The bride's father.
(c) Leonardo's son.
(d) The son/groom.
5. Who does the groom/son run into in the woods after leaving the youth?
(a) The beggar woman.
(b) A servant.
(c) The moon.
(d) The bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the servant compare the groom's breath stroking a shoulder to?
2. What does the beggar woman represent?
3. How far of a ride is the church from the bride's house?
4. Who first discovers that the bride may be missing from her room?
5. What does the groom/son ask for when he finds out that the bride has run off with Leonardo?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)