|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The son's house.
(b) The bride's house.
(c) Leonardo's house.
(d) The church.
2. Who says, "She might be right. That girl has depths"?
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The son.
3. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she was mean.
(b) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(c) Because she had no love for her husband.
(d) Because she didn't love her children.
4. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
5. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(b) A hat.
(c) A wreath.
(d) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
2. What is the father talking about when he says, "Every sprig a coin of silver"?
3. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
4. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
5. Who said, "You have to punish it, torture it, to get anything!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
2. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How does the bride's father react when the mother says her son can sell her land when she has died?
4. How does the bride react after the servant tells her that a man on a horse was at her window?
5. What do the moon and the beggar woman want to do together in terms of dealing with the lovers?
6. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
7. What do the mother and the bride's father argue about before the wedding?
8. What do the woodcutters argue with the moon about when they first meet?
9. Who does Leonardo's wife tell Leonardo that she fears she will end up like and in what way does she feel this similarity?
10. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)