|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
2. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
3. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
(a) The mother-in-law.
(b) The mother.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The bride.
4. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
(a) Her son.
(c) Her dead son.
(d) Her grandchild.
5. How old will the bride be turning when she is married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
2. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
3. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
4. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions does Leonardo asks the bride while they are hiding in the woods, and what does this say about their escape?
2. What do the groom and the youth discuss in the forest in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How does the bride react after the servant tells her that a man on a horse was at her window?
4. What do the woodcutters ask of death when they meet her in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. During the conversation between the bride and Leonardo just before her wedding day, what does Leonardo blame the bride for?
6. What prompts the son to ask his mother, "Would you like me to kill them"?
7. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
8. What does the bride's father say about the mother's land when they first meet?
9. What does the mother say about the bride after she has discovered she ran off with Leonardo?
10. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)