|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
(a) The son.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The bride.
2. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) Her home.
(c) The city.
(d) The vineyards.
3. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
4. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
5. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
(b) A dress.
(c) A hat.
(d) Embroidered stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the play?
2. When does the mother say her son and the bride's father can join their land?
3. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
4. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
5. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mother not kiss her son goodbye before he leaves in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does the bride come out of her room and confront Leonardo just before her wedding?
3. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
4. What reason does the bride give her servant for not wanting to get married?
5. What do the moon and the beggar woman want to do together in terms of dealing with the lovers?
6. What do the woodcutters ask of death when they meet her in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. How does the bride react after the servant tells her that a man on a horse was at her window?
8. What does Leonardo tell the bride they're pretending by claiming to forget about their love and move on to other people? What has this really caused to happen?
9. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
10. After the wife shows surprise at hearing that Leonardo has been taking his horse across the plain, how does Leonardo react towards her?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)