|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) Her family that has died.
(b) Her son.
(c) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(d) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
2. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The son's house.
(b) Leonardo's house.
(c) The vineyard.
(d) The mother's house.
5. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
2. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
3. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
4. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
5. What does the servant ask the bride to do after the son and mother have left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts the son to ask his mother, "Would you like me to kill them"?
2. What do the woodcutters argue with the moon about when they first meet?
3. How does the mother react towards the bride's pleas to her after the two mens' deaths?
4. What do the woodcutters ask of death when they meet her in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What reasons do the mother and son give to the bride's father when he asks why they took the long way around to his home?
6. During the conversation between the bride and Leonardo just before her wedding day, what does Leonardo blame the bride for?
7. Why does the mother become so angry when her son asks for a knife to cut some grapes?
8. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
9. Why does the mother not kiss her son goodbye before he leaves in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)