|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A hat.
2. What does Leonardo's wife ask that he buy for their baby?
(a) A cap with ribbons.
(b) A cradle.
(d) A dress.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Leonardo's house.
(b) The bride's house.
(c) The son's house.
(d) The church.
4. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who sees the horse "in a lather"?
(a) The girl.
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
2. What does the servant ask the bride to do after the son and mother have left?
3. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
4. What is the father talking about when he says, "Every sprig a coin of silver"?
5. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the mother and her neighbor talk about when they first enter the house after they have learned of the son's death?
2. What item do the servant girls bother the bride about after the wedding and how does she react towards them?
3. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
4. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
5. Who does Leonardo's wife tell Leonardo that she fears she will end up like and in what way does she feel this similarity?
6. Why does the mother not kiss her son goodbye before he leaves in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What are some of the positive things the father says about his daughter to the son and his mother when they first meet?
8. How does Leonardo treat his wife after his mother-in-law mentions he once dated her cousin?
9. What do the woodcutters ask of death when they meet her in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)