|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A dress.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) Brass earrings.
(d) A necklace.
3. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
4. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A child.
(b) A father.
(c) A woman.
(d) A mother.
5. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
(a) The bride.
(b) Leonardo's wife.
(c) The mother.
(d) The mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
2. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
3. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
4. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
5. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
2. What does Leonardo tell the bride they're pretending by claiming to forget about their love and move on to other people? What has this really caused to happen?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2 when the messenger girl comes to the house telling of the gifts the son has bought for his bride, how does the mother-in-law react?
4. What do the groom and the youth discuss in the forest in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. How does the mother react when the neighbor says the bride's mother did not love her husband?
6. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
7. What reasons do the mother and son give to the bride's father when he asks why they took the long way around to his home?
8. How does the mother react towards the bride's pleas to her after the two mens' deaths?
9. Why does the mother say she wishes her son was a girl?
10. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)