|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A dress.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Brass earrings.
2. Who is the author of the play?
(a) Paul Luis Manuel.
(b) Garcia Lopez.
(c) Federico Garcia Lorca.
(d) Federico Munez.
3. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) The city.
(c) The vineyards.
(d) Her home.
4. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 years.
5. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(b) Because she was mean.
(c) Because she didn't love her children.
(d) Because she had no love for her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
2. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
3. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
4. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the conversation between the bride and Leonardo just before her wedding day, what does Leonardo blame the bride for?
2. What does the beggar woman offer to the groom when he first meets her in the woods?
3. What do the moon and the beggar woman want to do together in terms of dealing with the lovers?
4. How does the mother react towards the bride's pleas to her after the two mens' deaths?
5. What does Leonardo tell the bride they're pretending by claiming to forget about their love and move on to other people? What has this really caused to happen?
6. What do Leonardo and his wife argue about before leaving for the church?
7. Why does the mother become so angry when her son asks for a knife to cut some grapes?
8. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
9. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
10. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)