|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(c) Because she needs to cook.
(d) Because the mother wants her to.
2. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
3. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To symbolize heaven.
(b) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(c) As a sign of faith.
(d) To prevent smell.
4. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) It's dry.
(b) They do not know how to plant trees.
(c) There is no man to plant trees.
(d) They don't want trees.
5. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
2. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
3. How old will the bride be turning when she is married?
4. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the woodcutters argue with the moon about when they first meet?
2. How does the bride react after the servant tells her that a man on a horse was at her window?
3. What are some of the positive things the father says about his daughter to the son and his mother when they first meet?
4. How does the mother react when the neighbor says the bride's mother did not love her husband?
5. What does the bride's father say about the mother's land when they first meet?
6. What excuse does Leonardo give his mother-in-law for being out so long on his horse in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. How does the bride's father react when the mother says her son can sell her land when she has died?
8. What item do the servant girls bother the bride about after the wedding and how does she react towards them?
9. Why does the mother say she wishes her son was a girl?
10. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)