|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A knife.
(c) A car.
(d) A machine.
2. What does the servant ask the bride to do after the son and mother have left?
(a) Open her gifts.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Eat dinner.
3. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
4. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
(a) The bride.
(b) The woman who gathers capers.
(c) The young girl.
(d) The blacksmith.
5. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
2. What item does the mother ask her son if he is wearing?
3. What does Leonardo's wife ask that he buy for their baby?
4. Who is at the bride's window on horseback the night before the son and mother's visit?
5. What animal does the father suggest the son use to bring his vineyard to his land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the bride tell the groom when she leaves the party after the wedding?
2. What prompts the son to ask his mother, "Would you like me to kill them"?
3. How does the servant describe to the bride's father how Leonardo and his wife arrived from the church after the wedding?
4. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
5. What do Leonardo and his wife argue about before leaving for the church?
6. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
7. Describe the encounter between the girls and the beggar woman when she first arrives at the house in Act 3, Scene 2.
8. What do the mother and her neighbor talk about when they first enter the house after they have learned of the son's death?
9. What does the mother-in-law talk to her daughter about when they arrive at the house after the deaths of Leonardo and the son?
10. What does the bride ask of the groom just before they are to be married?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)