|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
2. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
3. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
4. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Makes her leave.
(b) Grabs her wrists.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Slaps her.
5. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
Short Answer Questions
1. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
3. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
4. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
5. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the servant describe to the bride's father how Leonardo and his wife arrived from the church after the wedding?
2. How does the mother react when she learns her son's bride once dated a member of the Felix family?
3. How does the mother react when the neighbor says the bride's mother did not love her husband?
4. What reason does the bride give her servant for not wanting to get married?
5. What does Leonardo tell the bride they're pretending by claiming to forget about their love and move on to other people? What has this really caused to happen?
6. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
7. Describe the encounter between the girls and the beggar woman when she first arrives at the house in Act 3, Scene 2.
8. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
9. What item do the servant girls bother the bride about after the wedding and how does she react towards them?
10. How does Leonardo treat his wife after his mother-in-law mentions he once dated her cousin?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)