|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
(a) Leonardo's baby.
(b) Leonardo's wife.
(c) The bride.
2. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
(a) Why are you late?
(b) Do you know my cousin's getting engaged?
(c) Why is the horse so tired?
(d) Where have you been?
3. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Makes her leave.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Grabs her wrists.
4. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The mother.
(c) The bride.
(d) The fiancee's mother.
5. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
(a) The bride.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The woman who gathers capers.
(d) The young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the father talking about when he says, "Every sprig a coin of silver"?
2. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
3. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
4. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Leonardo and his wife argue about before leaving for the church?
2. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
3. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
4. What does the mother say about the day her other son died?
5. How does the bride's father react when the mother says her son can sell her land when she has died?
6. What excuse does Leonardo give his mother-in-law for being out so long on his horse in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. How does the servant describe to the bride's father how Leonardo and his wife arrived from the church after the wedding?
8. What do the woodcutters ask of death when they meet her in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
9. What does the bride tell the groom when she leaves the party after the wedding?
10. How does Leonardo react when his wife asks why he is leaving the house again at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)