|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
(a) Wine and tarts.
(b) Glasses and sweets.
2. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kiss him.
3. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
(a) His flowers.
(b) The bushes.
(c) His trees.
(d) The Juniper plant.
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The son's house.
(b) The vineyard.
(c) Leonardo's house.
(d) The mother's house.
5. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
(a) Icy cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
2. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
4. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
5. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2 when the messenger girl comes to the house telling of the gifts the son has bought for his bride, how does the mother-in-law react?
2. What does the bride say towards the servant girls when talking about getting married just after her wedding?
3. What excuse does Leonardo give his mother-in-law for being out so long on his horse in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
5. What prompts the son to ask his mother, "Would you like me to kill them"?
6. After the wife shows surprise at hearing that Leonardo has been taking his horse across the plain, how does Leonardo react towards her?
7. How does Leonardo's wife react when she hears her cousin is to be married?
8. What case does the bride want to make to the mother after the two men have died?
9. What do the mother and her neighbor talk about when they first enter the house after they have learned of the son's death?
10. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)