|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "She might be right. That girl has depths"?
(a) The mother-in-law.
(b) The son.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
2. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
3. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(b) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(c) Her family that has died.
(d) Her son.
4. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
5. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
2. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
3. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
4. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
5. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Leonardo give his mother-in-law for being out so long on his horse in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What do the mother and her neighbor talk about when they first enter the house after they have learned of the son's death?
3. How does Leonardo react when his wife asks why he is leaving the house again at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the bride say towards the servant girls when talking about getting married just after her wedding?
5. What case does the bride want to make to the mother after the two men have died?
6. Why does the mother say she wishes her son was a girl?
7. Why does the mother refuse to leave her home to live with her son?
8. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
9. Describe the encounter between the girls and the beggar woman when she first arrives at the house in Act 3, Scene 2.
10. What does the mother tell her son she thinks of his getting married?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)