|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
2. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
(a) The mother-in-law.
(b) The mother.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The bride.
3. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Do housework.
(b) Embroider and make lace.
(d) Play in the garden.
4. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) Her family that has died.
(b) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(c) Her son.
(d) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
5. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
3. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
4. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the bride come out of her room and confront Leonardo just before her wedding?
2. What does the bride's father say about grandchildren?
3. What do the moon and the beggar woman want to do together in terms of dealing with the lovers?
4. What do Leonardo and the bride discuss while they are hiding in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does the mother say she wishes her son was a girl?
6. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
7. What are some of the complaints the mother makes about the bride's land?
8. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
9. Why does the mother not kiss her son goodbye before he leaves in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)