Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
(c) Talks a lot.
(d) Bakes bread.
2. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
3. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A dress.
(d) Brass earrings.
4. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A car.
(b) A knife.
(c) A machine.
(d) A tractor.
5. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
2. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
3. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
4. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
5. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mother act towards the bride when she first enters the house after the mens' deaths?
2. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
3. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
4. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
5. How does the mother react when the neighbor tells her that her husband and son are better off where they are in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does the mother say about the day her other son died?
7. What do the son/groom and Leonardo's wife talk about after the wedding?
8. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
9. How does the neighbor describe the bride to the mother in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. Why does the mother say she wishes her son was a girl?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)