|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Embroider and make lace.
(c) Play in the garden.
(d) Do housework.
2. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
3. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A knife.
(b) A car.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A machine.
4. What does the bride's father claim wouldn't grow on his land at one time, but now does?
5. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
(a) The bride.
(b) Leonardo's wife.
(c) The mother.
(d) The mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
2. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
3. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
5. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the servant describe to the bride's father how Leonardo and his wife arrived from the church after the wedding?
2. How does the mother react when the neighbor says the bride's mother did not love her husband?
3. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
4. What does the bride's father say about grandchildren?
5. Why does the mother refuse to leave her home to live with her son?
6. Why does the bride come out of her room and confront Leonardo just before her wedding?
7. How does the bride react after the servant tells her that a man on a horse was at her window?
8. What does the mother say about the day her other son died?
9. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
10. How does the neighbor describe the bride to the mother in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)