|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) As a sign of faith.
(b) To prevent smell.
(c) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(d) To symbolize heaven.
2. What does the mother claim the son "never touches"?
3. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To his home.
(b) To a neighbor's home.
(c) To the city.
(d) The vineyards.
4. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Hug him.
5. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
2. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
3. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
4. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
5. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case does the bride want to make to the mother after the two men have died?
2. What reason does the bride give her servant for not wanting to get married?
3. What does the mother tell her son she thinks of his getting married?
4. How does the servant describe to the bride's father how Leonardo and his wife arrived from the church after the wedding?
5. How does Leonardo treat his wife after his mother-in-law mentions he once dated her cousin?
6. What do the groom and the youth discuss in the forest in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. How does the mother react towards the bride's pleas to her after the two mens' deaths?
8. What do the mother and the bride's father argue about before the wedding?
9. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
10. What prompts the son to ask his mother, "Would you like me to kill them"?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)