|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
2. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
3. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) A friend's home.
(c) The field.
(d) The grocer.
4. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) A dress.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Lace stockings.
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The mother's house.
(b) The son's house.
(c) Leonardo's house.
(d) The vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
2. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
3. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
4. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
5. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case does the bride want to make to the mother after the two men have died?
2. What prompts the son to ask his mother, "Would you like me to kill them"?
3. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
4. How does Leonardo react when his wife asks why he is leaving the house again at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. After Leonardo gives his excuse for being out on his horse, what does his wife begin doing?
6. Why does the bride come out of her room and confront Leonardo just before her wedding?
7. What are some of the complaints the mother makes about the bride's land?
8. Why does the mother not kiss her son goodbye before he leaves in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What reasons does Leonardo give his wife for going to the blacksmith so frequently?
10. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)