|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Do housework.
(c) Play in the garden.
(d) Embroider and make lace.
2. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because the mother wants her to.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because she needs to cook.
(d) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
3. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
(b) Embroidered stockings.
(c) A hat.
(d) A dress.
5. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
(a) The field.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The weighing station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
2. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
3. What does the mother claim the son "never touches"?
4. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
5. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the mother and the bride's father argue about before the wedding?
2. What do the son/groom and Leonardo's wife talk about after the wedding?
3. What does the bride's father say about grandchildren?
4. What does the mother say about the day her other son died?
5. What does the beggar woman offer to the groom when he first meets her in the woods?
6. Why does the mother become so angry when her son asks for a knife to cut some grapes?
7. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
8. What do Leonardo and his wife argue about before leaving for the church?
9. How does the mother react towards the bride's pleas to her after the two mens' deaths?
10. How does the neighbor describe the bride to the mother in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)