|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her son's bride.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
2. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
4. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
(a) The vineyard.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The land around the mill.
(d) The garden.
5. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dress.
(d) Lace stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
4. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
5. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. After the wife shows surprise at hearing that Leonardo has been taking his horse across the plain, how does Leonardo react towards her?
3. How does the mother react when the neighbor says the bride's mother did not love her husband?
4. How does the servant describe to the bride's father how Leonardo and his wife arrived from the church after the wedding?
5. What do Leonardo and his wife argue about before leaving for the church?
6. How does Leonardo treat his wife after his mother-in-law mentions he once dated her cousin?
7. Who does Leonardo's wife tell Leonardo that she fears she will end up like and in what way does she feel this similarity?
8. What does Leonardo tell the bride they're pretending by claiming to forget about their love and move on to other people? What has this really caused to happen?
9. What do the son/groom and Leonardo's wife talk about after the wedding?
10. What do the moon and the beggar woman want to do together in terms of dealing with the lovers?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)