|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
2. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son's bride.
3. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
(a) Her son.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her dead son.
4. How old will the bride be turning when she is married?
5. Who is at the bride's window on horseback the night before the son and mother's visit?
(a) The mother.
(c) The son.
(d) The servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
3. Who says, "She might be right. That girl has depths"?
4. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
5. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the conversation between the bride and Leonardo just before her wedding day, what does Leonardo blame the bride for?
2. Why does the bride come out of her room and confront Leonardo just before her wedding?
3. Describe the encounter between the girls and the beggar woman when she first arrives at the house in Act 3, Scene 2.
4. What does Leonardo tell the bride they're pretending by claiming to forget about their love and move on to other people? What has this really caused to happen?
5. How does the servant describe to the bride's father how Leonardo and his wife arrived from the church after the wedding?
6. What do the mother and her neighbor talk about when they first enter the house after they have learned of the son's death?
7. What does the bride's father say about the mother's land when they first meet?
8. How does the bride's father react when the mother says her son can sell her land when she has died?
9. What do the woodcutters ask of death when they meet her in the woods in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. What does the mother say about the bride after she has discovered she ran off with Leonardo?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)