|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she needs to cook.
(b) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because the mother wants her to.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The mother's house.
(b) The son's house.
(c) Leonardo's house.
(d) The vineyard.
3. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
(a) Her life.
(d) Man's view of life.
4. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
5. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To the city.
(b) To a neighbor's home.
(c) To his home.
(d) The vineyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
2. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
3. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
4. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
5. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the bride react when the son asks her about their wedding day during her first meeting with the mother?
2. After the wife shows surprise at hearing that Leonardo has been taking his horse across the plain, how does Leonardo react towards her?
3. What are some of the complaints the mother makes about the bride's land?
4. What do the moon and the beggar woman want to do together in terms of dealing with the lovers?
5. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
6. In Act 1, Scene 2 when the messenger girl comes to the house telling of the gifts the son has bought for his bride, how does the mother-in-law react?
7. How does the bride's father react when the mother says her son can sell her land when she has died?
8. Why does the mother ask her son if he's wearing a watch after they arrive at his bride's home?
9. What does the mother-in-law talk to her daughter about when they arrive at the house after the deaths of Leonardo and the son?
10. How does the neighbor describe the bride to the mother in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)