|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
2. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
3. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
4. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
(a) A friend's home.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The field.
(d) The grocer.
5. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(b) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(c) Her family that has died.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
2. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
3. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
4. What does the bride's father claim wouldn't grow on his land at one time, but now does?
5. What item does the mother ask her son if he is wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the bride and Leonardo agree to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Leonardo's wife respond to him after he says he almost never uses his horse?
3. What does the mother-in-law talk to her daughter about when they arrive at the house after the deaths of Leonardo and the son?
4. During the conversation between the bride and Leonardo just before her wedding day, what does Leonardo blame the bride for?
5. What does the beggar woman offer to the groom when he first meets her in the woods?
6. What does the bride tell the groom when she leaves the party after the wedding?
7. Why does the mother not kiss her son goodbye before he leaves in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What are some of the positive things the father says about his daughter to the son and his mother when they first meet?
9. How does the mother-in-law tell her daughter to mourn Leonardo?
10. How does the mother act towards the bride when she first enters the house after the mens' deaths?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)