|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the beggar woman represent?
2. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
3. What does the mother and bride's father refer to as "the one hope left"?
4. How many woodcutters appear in the forest?
5. Who is Leonardo talking about when he says, "when he's dead he's dead"?
(a) His son.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) His horse.
(d) The son/groom.
6. Who does the bride try to get to stay with her and her new husband on their wedding night?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her servant.
(d) The mother.
7. Who informs the crowd that the bride and Leonardo have run off together?
(a) The mother.
(b) The servant.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) Leonardo's wife.
8. What does the groom/son ask for when he finds out that the bride has run off with Leonardo?
(a) A horse.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A drink.
9. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
10. How far of a ride is the church from the bride's house?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 hours.
11. What object do the woodcutters ask to hide Leonardo and the bride?
(a) The moon.
(c) The sun.
(d) The stars.
12. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
(a) In a boat.
(b) To walk.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In the cart.
13. What does the groom/son and the youth compare their search for the bride and Leonardo to?
(b) A witch hunt.
(c) A game.
14. What does the bride describe as "a hard step, a painful step"?
15. Finish the sentence: "My mother came from rich country, full of ____".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "hug her so hard you hurt her just a little"?
2. What two objects does one woodcutter compare the bride and Leonardo to?
3. Who is the first guest to arrive at the wedding?
4. Who describes marriage as "a great inheritance"?
5. What type of dance are the bride and groom supposed to dance first and lead?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)