|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Felix family does the mother say started murdering others?
(a) The grandfather.
(b) The great grandfather.
(d) The father.
2. What bird is the husband compared to in the wedding chant in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, what color is the bride's balcony in the wedding chant sung by the servants?
4. Who arrives back at the bride's house first after the wedding?
(a) Leonardo and his wife.
(b) The mother.
(c) The bride.
5. What does the bride get angry at the groom/son for doing?
(a) Bringing her wine.
(b) Yelling at her.
(c) Talking to Leonardo.
(d) Trying to embrace her in public.
6. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
(a) Wide hips.
(b) Strong arms.
7. Who says "your eyes are two thorns"?
(a) Leonardo's wife.
(b) The bride.
(d) The son/groom.
8. Finish the sentence: "When you go from your home to the church, remember you go like a ______ _________"?
(a) Blooming flower.
(b) Flowing river.
(c) Shooting star.
(d) Gentle wind.
9. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
10. What instrument plays when the bride finally appears to everyone in Act 2, Scene 1?
11. Who informs the crowd that the bride and Leonardo have run off together?
(a) The mother.
(b) Leonardo's wife.
(c) The servant.
(d) The bride's father.
12. What is the moon portrayed as?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A young woodcutter with a white face.
(d) A moon.
13. What does the bride describe as "a hard step, a painful step"?
14. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
(a) In a boat.
(b) To walk.
(c) In the cart.
(d) On horseback.
15. What does the mother and bride's father refer to as "the one hope left"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the servant ask Leonardo about that he forgets and then remembers 'as in a dream'?
2. How many woodcutters appear in the forest?
3. What reason does the bride have for leaving the wedding party the first time?
4. Who describes marriage as "a great inheritance"?
5. Who describes marriage as "a shining white bed. And a woman. And a man."?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)