|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bride beg Leonardo to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Never leave her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Love her.
(d) Leave her.
2. What reason does the bride's father give for wanting grandchildren?
(a) To cook with him.
(b) To play with.
(c) To keep him company.
(d) To help work his land.
3. What does the servant tell the groom/son she has prepared for him and the bride for midnight?
(b) A cake.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Ham and old wine.
4. Who does the bride try to get to stay with her and her new husband on their wedding night?
(b) Her servant.
(c) The mother.
(d) Her father.
5. What does the beggar woman represent?
6. Finish the sentence: "When you go from your home to the church, remember you go like a ______ _________"?
(a) Gentle wind.
(b) Shooting star.
(c) Flowing river.
(d) Blooming flower.
7. Who describes marriage as "endless bitterness"?
(a) The bride.
(b) The mother.
(c) The son.
(d) The servant.
8. What object do the woodcutters ask to hide Leonardo and the bride?
(a) The stars.
(b) The moon.
(d) The sun.
9. What animal does the servant compare the groom's breath stroking a shoulder to?
10. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
11. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the bride and Leonardo say fills their tongues?
(b) Needles and thorns.
(c) Lies and hate.
(d) Splinters and glass.
12. What is described as "a wash of silver"?
(a) The moon.
(b) The bride.
(c) The son/groom.
13. What is the moon portrayed as?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A young woodcutter with a white face.
(c) A moon.
(d) An old woman.
14. Who arrives back at the bride's house first after the wedding?
(a) The mother.
(c) The bride.
(d) Leonardo and his wife.
15. What is the first thing the groom says to the bride on their wedding day?
(a) You look beautiful.
(b) How are you.
(c) What made you choose those shoes for today?
(d) I love you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bride's wedding crown made of?
2. Who first discovers that the bride may be missing from her room?
3. How far of a ride is the church from the bride's house?
4. What two objects does one woodcutter compare the bride and Leonardo to?
5. What does the bride do with her crown when the servant hands it to her?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)