|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase is repeated several times by the moon in its first speech?
(a) Let me in.
(b) I will shine.
(c) Come to me.
(d) Listen to me.
2. Who does the bride try to get to stay with her and her new husband on their wedding night?
(a) Her servant.
(b) Her father.
(d) The mother.
3. What instrument plays when the bride finally appears to everyone in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is the first guest to arrive at the wedding?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The son/groom.
(d) The mother.
5. What is the moon portrayed as?
(a) A young woodcutter with a white face.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A moon.
(d) A young woman.
6. What does the groom/son ask for when he finds out that the bride has run off with Leonardo?
(a) A drink.
(b) A gun.
(c) A horse.
(d) A knife.
7. Who says "Shine the waistcoat, undo the buttons"?
(a) The son/groom.
(b) The moon.
(c) The beggar woman.
(d) A woodcutter.
8. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, what color is the bride's balcony in the wedding chant sung by the servants?
9. Finish the sentence: "My mother came from rich country, full of ____".
10. What do the girls bother the bride about during the wedding party?
(a) They want to know who she gave her pin to first.
(b) They want her flowers.
(c) They want her garter.
(d) They want her to open her presents.
11. Who describes marriage as "a shining white bed. And a woman. And a man."?
(a) The son.
(b) The bride.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The servant.
12. What does the mother say she did with her dying son's blood?
(a) Put her hands in it and licked them.
(b) Laid in it.
(c) Wiped it on her clothes.
(d) Kept it in a jar.
13. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
(a) In the cart.
(b) In a boat.
(c) On horseback.
(d) To walk.
14. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
15. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I will sleep at your feet, I will guard your dreams"?
2. Who says, "You know me, you know I say what I think"?
3. Who does the mother describe as "too like the wind"?
4. What two objects does one woodcutter compare the bride and Leonardo to?
5. What body part does the son/groom say belongs to his father and brother?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)