Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
(c) Talks a lot.
(d) Bakes bread.
2. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
3. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A dress.
(d) Brass earrings.
4. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A car.
(b) A knife.
(c) A machine.
(d) A tractor.
5. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
6. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
7. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
(a) The Juniper plant.
(b) His trees.
(c) His flowers.
(d) The bushes.
8. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
9. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
(a) Icy cold.
10. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
(b) A dress.
(c) Embroidered stockings.
(d) A hat.
11. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
12. How long does it take the mother to get to the bride's home?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 1 day.
13. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
(a) The son.
(b) The mother.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The bride.
14. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son's bride.
(d) Her family.
15. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
Short Answer Questions
1. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
2. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
4. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)