|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her family that has died.
(d) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
2. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
3. What does the mother claim the son "never touches"?
4. What does the bride's father claim wouldn't grow on his land at one time, but now does?
5. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
6. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Do housework.
(c) Play in the garden.
(d) Embroider and make lace.
7. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
8. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
(b) The son.
(c) The mother.
(d) The bride.
9. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
10. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
(a) Her dead son.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her grandchild.
11. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
(b) Her life.
(d) Man's view of life.
12. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
13. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
14. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(b) Her home.
(c) The vineyards.
(d) The city.
15. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
2. Who is the author of the play?
3. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
4. What animal does the father suggest the son use to bring his vineyard to his land?
5. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)