|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(b) To prevent smell.
(c) To symbolize heaven.
(d) As a sign of faith.
2. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
3. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The bride.
(c) The mother.
(d) The bride's mother.
4. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
5. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
(c) Talks a lot.
(d) Bakes bread.
6. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
7. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A dress.
(d) Brass earrings.
8. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Makes her leave.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Grabs her wrists.
9. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) The vineyards.
(c) Her home.
(d) The city.
10. Who is at the bride's window on horseback the night before the son and mother's visit?
(a) The son.
(b) The mother.
(c) The servant.
11. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
12. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A knife.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A car.
(d) A machine.
13. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
14. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
15. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
(b) The weighing station.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) The field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the servant ask the bride to do after the son and mother have left?
3. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
4. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)