|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) Her home.
(b) The vineyards.
(c) The city.
2. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
(a) The bride.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The son.
3. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
(a) Do you know my cousin's getting engaged?
(b) Where have you been?
(c) Why are you late?
(d) Why is the horse so tired?
4. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(b) Because she didn't love her children.
(c) Because she had no love for her husband.
(d) Because she was mean.
5. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
(a) The bride.
(c) The son.
(d) The mother.
6. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) See you soon.
(b) I love you.
(c) Go with God.
(d) Peace be with you.
7. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. Who says, "She might be right. That girl has depths"?
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The son.
9. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
10. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(b) Do housework.
(c) Embroider and make lace.
(d) Play in the garden.
11. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(b) A scarf.
(c) A wreath.
(d) A hat.
12. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(b) Her family that has died.
(c) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(d) Her son.
13. What item does the mother ask her son if he is wearing?
(a) His watch.
(b) His coat.
(c) His tie.
(d) His hat.
14. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
(a) Bakes bread.
(b) Talks a lot.
15. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) There is no man to plant trees.
(b) They don't want trees.
(c) They do not know how to plant trees.
(d) It's dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the father suggest the son use to bring his vineyard to his land?
2. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
3. What does the bride's father claim wouldn't grow on his land at one time, but now does?
4. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
5. What does Leonardo's wife ask that he buy for their baby?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)