|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
(a) The bride.
(b) The son.
(d) The mother.
2. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Kill him.
3. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
4. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she didn't love her children.
(b) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(c) Because she had no love for her husband.
(d) Because she was mean.
5. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A mother.
(b) A father.
(c) A child.
(d) A woman.
6. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
7. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
(a) The mother.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The bride's mother.
(d) The bride.
8. What animal does the father suggest the son use to bring his vineyard to his land?
9. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
(a) The mother.
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) The bride.
(d) Leonardo's wife.
10. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
11. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
12. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
13. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A candle.
(b) A cross.
(c) A branch of palm.
(d) A rose.
14. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
15. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
(a) Where have you been?
(b) Why are you late?
(c) Why is the horse so tired?
(d) Do you know my cousin's getting engaged?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
2. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
3. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
4. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
5. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)