|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
2. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
3. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
(b) The bride.
(c) Leonardo's baby.
(d) Leonardo's wife.
4. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
5. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her dead son.
6. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
(a) Leonardo's wife.
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) The bride.
(d) The mother.
7. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
8. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
10. How long does it take the mother to get to the bride's home?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
11. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
12. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
13. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
14. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
(a) Her son's fiancee.
(b) Her son.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The Felix family.
15. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she didn't love her children.
(b) Because she was mean.
(c) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(d) Because she had no love for her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. When does the mother say her son and the bride's father can join their land?
4. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
5. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)