|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
(a) The field.
(b) A friend's house.
(d) The weighing station.
2. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
(a) The fiancee's mother.
(b) The mother.
(c) The bride.
(d) The neighbor.
3. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Kiss him.
4. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
5. Who is the author of the play?
(a) Garcia Lopez.
(b) Federico Garcia Lorca.
(c) Federico Munez.
(d) Paul Luis Manuel.
6. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Leonardo's house.
(b) The son's house.
(c) The mother's house.
(d) The vineyard.
7. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
(a) The son.
(c) The bride.
(d) The mother.
8. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
9. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
10. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
11. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
12. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) There is no man to plant trees.
(b) They don't want trees.
(c) It's dry.
(d) They do not know how to plant trees.
13. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
14. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
15. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
(a) Her grandchild.
(b) Her dead son.
(c) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
2. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
3. Who says, "She might be right. That girl has depths"?
4. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
5. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)