|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
(b) The son.
(c) The bride.
(d) The mother.
2. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
3. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(b) Because she had no love for her husband.
(c) Because she was mean.
(d) Because she didn't love her children.
4. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
5. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
6. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
(a) The grocer.
(b) The field.
(c) A friend's home.
(d) The blacksmith.
7. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(b) Embroider and make lace.
(c) Play in the garden.
(d) Do housework.
8. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
(a) Her son.
(b) The Felix family.
(c) Her son's fiancee.
(d) The neighbor.
9. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Kiss him.
10. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
11. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
(d) Icy cold.
12. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) Lace stockings.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dress.
(d) A necklace.
13. How old will the bride be turning when she is married?
14. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(b) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her family that has died.
15. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
2. What does Leonardo's wife ask that he buy for their baby?
3. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
4. When does the mother say her son and the bride's father can join their land?
5. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)