|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
(a) Why is the horse so tired?
(b) Why are you late?
(c) Do you know my cousin's getting engaged?
(d) Where have you been?
2. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she didn't love her children.
(b) Because she was mean.
(c) Because she had no love for her husband.
(d) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
3. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
(a) The weighing station.
(c) The field.
(d) A friend's house.
4. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To the city.
(b) To his home.
(c) To a neighbor's home.
(d) The vineyards.
5. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(b) Her family that has died.
(c) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(d) Her son.
6. What does the mother claim the son "never touches"?
7. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
(a) The Juniper plant.
(b) The bushes.
(c) His trees.
(d) His flowers.
8. Who is the author of the play?
(a) Federico Garcia Lorca.
(b) Federico Munez.
(c) Garcia Lopez.
(d) Paul Luis Manuel.
9. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Kill him.
10. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
(a) The mother.
(b) The son.
(c) The bride.
(d) The bride's father.
11. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
(b) Wine and tarts.
(d) Glasses and sweets.
12. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
(a) The bride.
(c) The mother.
(d) The son.
13. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
(a) Embroidered stockings.
(b) A hat.
(d) A dress.
14. When does the mother say her son and the bride's father can join their land?
(a) In five years.
(b) In twenty years.
(c) After they are married.
(d) When she is dead.
15. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who said, "You have to punish it, torture it, to get anything!"?
3. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
4. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
5. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)