|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
2. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The weighing station.
(c) The field.
3. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
4. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
5. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
6. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Taking water out to the harvesters.
(b) Playing all day.
(d) Planting vegetables.
7. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
9. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
10. Who is the author of the play?
(a) Federico Munez.
(b) Garcia Lopez.
(c) Paul Luis Manuel.
(d) Federico Garcia Lorca.
11. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
(a) The mother.
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The bride.
12. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
(c) Bakes bread.
(d) Talks a lot.
13. When does the mother say her son and the bride's father can join their land?
(a) In five years.
(b) When she is dead.
(c) After they are married.
(d) In twenty years.
14. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
15. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A child.
(b) A father.
(c) A mother.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
2. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
3. What does the bride's father claim wouldn't grow on his land at one time, but now does?
4. Who said, "You have to punish it, torture it, to get anything!"?
5. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)