|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Leonardo's house.
(b) The vineyard.
(c) The son's house.
(d) The mother's house.
2. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) Her home.
(b) The vineyards.
(c) The city.
3. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Play in the garden.
(c) Do housework.
(d) Embroider and make lace.
4. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
(a) The bride.
(c) The mother.
(d) The son.
5. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
(b) Her grandchild.
(c) Her dead son.
(d) Her son.
6. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) Lace stockings.
(b) A dress.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
7. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
8. Who is the author of the play?
(a) Federico Garcia Lorca.
(b) Garcia Lopez.
(c) Federico Munez.
(d) Paul Luis Manuel.
9. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
10. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
11. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
12. Who sees the horse "in a lather"?
(a) The girl.
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The bride.
13. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because the mother wants her to.
(b) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because she needs to cook.
14. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Makes her leave.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Grabs her wrists.
15. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Brass earrings.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
2. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
3. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
4. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)