|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Leonardo's house.
(b) The church.
(c) The bride's house.
(d) The son's house.
2. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
3. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
5. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
(a) The son.
(b) The mother.
(d) The bride.
6. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Grabs her wrists.
(d) Makes her leave.
7. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
8. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her son's bride.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her husband.
9. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) They do not know how to plant trees.
(b) It's dry.
(c) They don't want trees.
(d) There is no man to plant trees.
10. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A dress.
(d) Brass earrings.
11. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
12. What item does the mother ask her son if he is wearing?
(a) His coat.
(b) His watch.
(c) His hat.
(d) His tie.
13. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) Her family that has died.
(b) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(c) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(d) Her son.
14. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
15. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
2. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
3. How old will the bride be turning when she is married?
4. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
5. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)