|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
2. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
3. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A machine.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A car.
(d) A knife.
4. Who said, "You have to punish it, torture it, to get anything!"?
(a) The son.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The mother.
(d) The bride.
5. How old will the bride be turning when she is married?
6. What is the father talking about when he says, "Every sprig a coin of silver"?
(b) His land.
(c) The mother's vineyard.
7. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) They don't want trees.
(b) They do not know how to plant trees.
(c) There is no man to plant trees.
(d) It's dry.
9. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
(a) Her dead son.
(b) Her son.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) Her dead husband.
10. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
(c) Wine and tarts.
(d) Glasses and sweets.
11. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
(a) Sleep little baby.
(b) Hush, baby, hush.
(c) Be quiet sweet one.
(d) Sweet dreams little one.
12. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(a) A wreath.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
13. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
14. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Leonardo's house.
(b) The son's house.
(c) The vineyard.
(d) The mother's house.
15. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To his home.
(b) To a neighbor's home.
(c) The vineyards.
(d) To the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the bride's window on horseback the night before the son and mother's visit?
2. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
3. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
5. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)