|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
2. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) Brass earrings.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A dress.
3. What animal does the father suggest the son use to bring his vineyard to his land?
4. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Slap him.
5. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To the city.
(b) To his home.
(c) To a neighbor's home.
(d) The vineyards.
6. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her son's fiancee.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The Felix family.
7. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
(b) A dress.
(c) Embroidered stockings.
(d) A hat.
8. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A cross.
(b) A candle.
(c) A branch of palm.
(d) A rose.
9. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
10. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
(a) The bride.
(b) The fiancee's mother.
(c) The mother.
(d) The neighbor.
11. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The bride.
(c) The young girl.
(d) The woman who gathers capers.
12. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A machine.
(c) A knife.
(d) A car.
13. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
14. What is the father talking about when he says, "Every sprig a coin of silver"?
(a) His land.
(d) The mother's vineyard.
15. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(b) Because she didn't love her children.
(c) Because she was mean.
(d) Because she had no love for her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
2. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
3. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
4. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
5. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)