|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(a) A wreath.
(c) A hat.
(d) A scarf.
2. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A cross.
(b) A branch of palm.
(c) A rose.
(d) A candle.
3. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
(a) Leonardo's wife.
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) The mother.
(d) The bride.
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A dress.
(c) Brass earrings.
(d) A necklace.
6. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
(a) The grocer.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) A friend's home.
(d) The field.
7. What does Leonardo's wife ask that he buy for their baby?
(a) A cradle.
(b) A cap with ribbons.
(d) A dress.
8. What does the mother claim the son "never touches"?
9. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
10. Who is at the bride's window on horseback the night before the son and mother's visit?
(a) The son.
(c) The mother.
(d) The servant.
11. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
12. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
13. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her son's bride.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
14. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
(a) The bride.
(b) The mother.
(c) The fiancee's mother.
(d) The neighbor.
15. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Slap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
2. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
3. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
4. Who said, "You have to punish it, torture it, to get anything!"?
5. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)