|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
(a) Why are you late?
(b) Do you know my cousin's getting engaged?
(c) Where have you been?
(d) Why is the horse so tired?
2. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Makes her leave.
(c) Grabs her wrists.
(d) Yells at her.
3. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
(a) Man's view of life.
(b) Her life.
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Brass earrings.
(c) A dress.
(d) A diamond ring.
6. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
7. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
8. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her son's bride.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her son.
9. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) See you soon.
(b) Go with God.
(c) Peace be with you.
(d) I love you.
10. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she had no love for her husband.
(b) Because she didn't love her children.
(c) Because she was mean.
(d) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
11. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A mother.
(b) A father.
(c) A child.
(d) A woman.
12. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
13. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
14. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(b) Her family that has died.
(c) Her son.
(d) The boy whose arms were cut off.
15. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
(a) Her dead son.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her grandchild.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'm happy. When I say 'yes', I say it because I mean it"?
2. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
3. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
4. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
5. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)