|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird is the husband compared to in the wedding chant in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Leonardo travel to the wedding?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a cart.
(c) He walked.
(d) In a boat.
3. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
(a) The woman who gathers capers.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The bride.
(d) The young girl.
4. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) They don't want trees.
(b) It's dry.
(c) They do not know how to plant trees.
(d) There is no man to plant trees.
5. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
2. What instrument plays when the bride finally appears to everyone in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the mother angry to see at the wedding?
4. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
5. Which of the following things does the mother NOT ask to be blessed at the end of the play?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)