|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
2. What does the servant ask the bride to do after the son and mother have left?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Open her gifts.
3. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) As a sign of faith.
(b) To prevent smell.
(c) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(d) To symbolize heaven.
4. What does the groom/son ask for when he finds out that the bride has run off with Leonardo?
(a) A knife.
(b) A drink.
(c) A gun.
(d) A horse.
5. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
(a) The Juniper plant.
(b) His trees.
(c) His flowers.
(d) The bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two objects does one woodcutter compare the bride and Leonardo to?
2. What reason does the bride's father give for wanting grandchildren?
3. Who says, "I will sleep at your feet, I will guard your dreams"?
4. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
5. What does the mother claim the son "never touches"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)