|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The son's house.
(b) The mother's house.
(c) Leonardo's house.
(d) The vineyard.
2. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The bride.
(d) The son.
3. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
(a) The mother-in-law.
(b) The bride.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The mother.
4. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
(a) A dress.
(c) A hat.
(d) Embroidered stockings.
5. What phrase is repeated several times by the moon in its first speech?
(a) I will shine.
(b) Come to me.
(c) Listen to me.
(d) Let me in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts a new bridle on the horse in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What reason does the bride have for leaving the wedding party the first time?
3. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
4. Who is the author of the play?
5. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)