|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Peace be with you.
(b) Go with God.
(c) I love you.
(d) See you soon.
2. Who informs the crowd that the bride and Leonardo have run off together?
(a) Leonardo's wife.
(b) The servant.
(c) The mother.
(d) The bride's father.
3. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
(b) Icy cold.
4. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
(a) Wake up, wake up.
(b) Get up it's your wedding day.
(c) Let the bride awake on the morning of her wedding.
(d) Awake for your wedding is today.
5. Who describes marriage as "endless bitterness"?
(a) The son.
(b) The mother.
(c) The servant.
(d) The bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part does the son/groom say belongs to his father and brother?
2. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
3. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
4. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
5. Who says, "You know me, you know I say what I think"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)