|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "When you go from your home to the church, remember you go like a ______ _________"?
(a) Flowing river.
(b) Blooming flower.
(c) Gentle wind.
(d) Shooting star.
2. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A dress.
(b) Brass earrings.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A necklace.
3. What do the girls bother the bride about during the wedding party?
(a) They want to know who she gave her pin to first.
(b) They want her flowers.
(c) They want her to open her presents.
(d) They want her garter.
4. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
(a) Her dead son.
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) The bride's father.
5. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Planting vegetables.
(b) Taking water out to the harvesters.
(d) Playing all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dance are the bride and groom supposed to dance first and lead?
2. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
3. What does the mother say she did with her dying son's blood?
4. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
5. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)