|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A candle.
(b) A cross.
(c) A branch of palm.
(d) A rose.
2. What does the servant ask the bride to do after the son and mother have left?
(a) Open her gifts.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Go for a walk.
3. Who describes marriage as "a shining white bed. And a woman. And a man."?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The bride.
(c) The servant.
(d) The son.
4. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A dress.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Brass earrings.
(d) A diamond ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the servant tell the groom/son she has prepared for him and the bride for midnight?
2. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
3. What does the mother claim the son "never touches"?
4. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
5. What does the groom/son ask for when he finds out that the bride has run off with Leonardo?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)