|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
(a) The land around the mill.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The vineyard.
(d) The garden.
2. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
3. Finish the sentence: "When you go from your home to the church, remember you go like a ______ _________"?
(a) Gentle wind.
(b) Flowing river.
(c) Shooting star.
(d) Blooming flower.
4. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) As a sign of faith.
(b) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(c) To symbolize heaven.
(d) To prevent smell.
5. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
(c) Strong arms.
(d) Wide hips.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
2. Who informs the crowd that the bride and Leonardo have run off together?
3. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
4. What does the servant tell the groom/son she has prepared for him and the bride for midnight?
5. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)