|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she needs to cook.
(b) Because the mother wants her to.
(c) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(d) Because she is tired.
2. What animal does the father suggest the son use to bring his vineyard to his land?
3. Finish the sentence: "When you go from your home to the church, remember you go like a ______ _________"?
(a) Blooming flower.
(b) Shooting star.
(c) Gentle wind.
(d) Flowing river.
4. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. When does the mother say her son and the bride's father can join their land?
(a) In five years.
(b) In twenty years.
(c) After they are married.
(d) When she is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
2. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
3. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
4. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
5. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)