|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bride get angry at the groom/son for doing?
(a) Trying to embrace her in public.
(b) Bringing her wine.
(c) Talking to Leonardo.
(d) Yelling at her.
2. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A dress.
(d) Brass earrings.
3. What attribute does the bride's father credit her with that he believes will make many grandchildren possible?
(a) Strong arms.
(d) Wide hips.
4. What does Leonardo do when the bride and groom arrive at the home after the wedding?
(a) Yells at his wife.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) Kisses the bride.
(d) Shakes the groom's hand.
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, what color is the bride's balcony in the wedding chant sung by the servants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the father talking about when he says, "Every sprig a coin of silver"?
2. How does Leonardo travel to the wedding?
3. Who describes marriage as "a great inheritance"?
4. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
5. Finish the sentence: "When you go from your home to the church, remember you go like a ______ _________"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)