|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A branch of palm.
(b) A cross.
(c) A rose.
(d) A candle.
2. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
(a) Talks a lot.
(b) Bakes bread.
3. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
4. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Makes her leave.
(b) Grabs her wrists.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Yells at her.
5. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
(a) The land around the mill.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The garden.
(d) The vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
2. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
3. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who said, "You have to punish it, torture it, to get anything!"?
5. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)