|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
2. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
3. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
4. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Playing all day.
(c) Planting vegetables.
(d) Taking water out to the harvesters.
5. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
(b) Glasses and sweets.
(d) Wine and tarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
2. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
3. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
4. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
5. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)