|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
(a) The son.
(b) The bride.
(d) The mother.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The vineyard.
(b) Leonardo's house.
(c) The son's house.
(d) The mother's house.
3. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
(c) Icy cold.
4. When does the mother say her son and the bride's father can join their land?
(a) In twenty years.
(b) After they are married.
(c) When she is dead.
(d) In five years.
5. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Do housework.
(b) Play in the garden.
(d) Embroider and make lace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the father suggest the son use to bring his vineyard to his land?
2. Who is the author of the play?
3. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
4. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
5. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)