|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the father talking about when he says, "Every sprig a coin of silver"?
(a) His land.
(d) The mother's vineyard.
2. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) They do not know how to plant trees.
(b) They don't want trees.
(c) There is no man to plant trees.
(d) It's dry.
3. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
5. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the horse "in a lather"?
2. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
3. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. When does the mother say her son and the bride's father can join their land?
5. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)