|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
2. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
(a) The mother.
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The bride.
3. Who sees the horse "in a lather"?
(a) The mother-in-law.
(b) The girl.
(c) The bride.
(d) Leonardo's wife.
4. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
(a) Leonardo's wife.
(b) The bride.
(c) Leonardo's baby.
5. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) The vineyards.
(c) Her home.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
2. What item does the mother ask her son if he is wearing?
3. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
4. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
5. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)