|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
2. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Grabs her wrists.
(c) Makes her leave.
(d) Slaps her.
3. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
(a) The son.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The mother.
(d) The bride.
4. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Kill him.
5. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
3. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
4. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
5. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)