|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the bride's window on horseback the night before the son and mother's visit?
(a) The servant.
(b) The mother.
(d) The son.
2. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
(a) His flowers.
(b) The Juniper plant.
(c) The bushes.
(d) His trees.
3. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
4. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
5. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because the mother wants her to.
(c) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(d) Because she needs to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
2. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
3. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
4. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
5. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)