|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old will the bride be turning when she is married?
2. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) There is no man to plant trees.
(b) They do not know how to plant trees.
(c) It's dry.
(d) They don't want trees.
3. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A knife.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A car.
(d) A machine.
4. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(b) As a sign of faith.
(c) To symbolize heaven.
(d) To prevent smell.
5. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
2. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
3. Who is described as "clean as a sheet in the sun"?
4. What item does the mother ask her son if he is wearing?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)