|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
2. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she needs to cook.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because the mother wants her to.
(d) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
3. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
4. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To his home.
(b) The vineyards.
(c) To a neighbor's home.
(d) To the city.
5. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the mother to get to the bride's home?
2. What does the servant ask the bride to do after the son and mother have left?
3. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
4. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
5. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)