|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
2. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
(a) The grocer.
(b) The field.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) A friend's home.
3. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A cross.
(b) A branch of palm.
(c) A candle.
(d) A rose.
4. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
2. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
3. Who is at the bride's window on horseback the night before the son and mother's visit?
4. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
5. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)