|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A car.
(b) A knife.
(c) A machine.
(d) A tractor.
2. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
(a) Bakes bread.
(c) Talks a lot.
3. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
(a) The bride's father.
(c) The bride.
(d) The son.
4. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Kiss him.
5. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
2. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
4. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
5. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)