|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A cross.
(b) A branch of palm.
(c) A candle.
(d) A rose.
2. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
3. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
4. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A dress.
(d) Brass earrings.
5. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Do housework.
(b) Embroider and make lace.
(c) Play in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the horse "in a lather"?
2. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
3. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
4. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)