|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
(a) Why is the horse so tired?
(b) Do you know my cousin's getting engaged?
(c) Why are you late?
(d) Where have you been?
2. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 year.
3. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
(a) The bride.
(b) The woman who gathers capers.
(c) The young girl.
(d) The blacksmith.
4. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Makes her leave.
(c) Grabs her wrists.
(d) Slaps her.
5. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A candle.
(b) A rose.
(c) A cross.
(d) A branch of palm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
2. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What positive attributes does the bride's father not mention about her?
4. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
5. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)