|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
2. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A candle.
(b) A rose.
(c) A branch of palm.
(d) A cross.
3. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
4. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(b) Her home.
(c) The vineyards.
(d) The city.
5. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
(a) The grocer.
(b) The field.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) A friend's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
2. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
3. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
5. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)