|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Do housework.
(b) Play in the garden.
(c) Embroider and make lace.
2. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
(a) Icy cold.
3. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
4. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her son's fiancee.
(c) The Felix family.
(d) The neighbor.
5. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
3. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)