|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Slap him.
2. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
(a) The bride.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The mother.
(d) The bride's mother.
3. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
4. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To the city.
(b) To a neighbor's home.
(c) The vineyards.
(d) To his home.
5. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
2. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
3. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
4. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
5. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)