|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
2. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(b) A wreath.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
3. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Planting vegetables.
(c) Playing all day.
(d) Taking water out to the harvesters.
4. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she had no love for her husband.
(b) Because she didn't love her children.
(c) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(d) Because she was mean.
5. Who sees the horse "in a lather"?
(a) Leonardo's wife.
(b) The girl.
(c) The mother-in-law.
(d) The bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
2. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
3. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
4. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
5. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)