|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
2. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A child.
(b) A woman.
(c) A father.
(d) A mother.
3. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
(b) The field.
(c) The weighing station.
(d) A friend's house.
4. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A branch of palm.
(b) A candle.
(c) A cross.
(d) A rose.
5. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To his home.
(b) To a neighbor's home.
(c) To the city.
(d) The vineyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
2. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
3. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
4. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)