|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(b) To prevent smell.
(c) As a sign of faith.
(d) To symbolize heaven.
3. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) Lace stockings.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A dress.
4. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
5. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
2. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
3. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
4. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
5. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)