|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
(a) The bride.
(b) The young girl.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The woman who gathers capers.
2. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A wreath.
(d) A hat.
3. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
4. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she didn't love her children.
(b) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(c) Because she was mean.
(d) Because she had no love for her husband.
5. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) As a sign of faith.
(b) To symbolize heaven.
(c) To prevent smell.
(d) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
4. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
5. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)