|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
(a) The Felix family.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her son's fiancee.
2. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The bride.
(c) The mother.
(d) The fiancee's mother.
3. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(b) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(c) Her family that has died.
(d) Her son.
4. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A mother.
(b) A father.
(c) A woman.
(d) A child.
5. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(b) As a sign of faith.
(c) To symbolize heaven.
(d) To prevent smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
2. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
3. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
4. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)