|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The land around the mill.
(c) The garden.
(d) The vineyard.
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) As a sign of faith.
(b) To prevent smell.
(c) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(d) To symbolize heaven.
3. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A hat.
4. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
(a) The mother.
(b) The bride's mother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The bride.
5. Who is the author of the play?
(a) Paul Luis Manuel.
(b) Garcia Lopez.
(c) Federico Garcia Lorca.
(d) Federico Munez.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
2. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
3. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
4. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
5. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)