|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(a) A scarf.
(c) A wreath.
(d) A hat.
2. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kiss him.
3. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
4. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
(b) Because she had no love for her husband.
(c) Because she didn't love her children.
(d) Because she was mean.
5. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) A ring.
(b) A dress.
(c) Lace stockings.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
4. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
5. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)