|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Hug him.
2. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
(a) The bride.
(b) The fiancee's mother.
(c) The mother.
(d) The neighbor.
3. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The land around the mill.
(c) The vineyard.
(d) The garden.
4. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
5. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To a neighbor's home.
(b) To the city.
(c) To his home.
(d) The vineyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
3. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
4. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
5. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)