|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) The vineyards.
(b) To a neighbor's home.
(c) To the city.
(d) To his home.
2. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her son's bride.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
3. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
4. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Taking water out to the harvesters.
(b) Playing all day.
(d) Planting vegetables.
5. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
3. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
4. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
5. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)