|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) Her family that has died.
(b) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(c) Her son.
(d) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
2. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
3. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
4. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A dress.
(b) Brass earrings.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
2. Who is the author of the play?
3. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
5. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)