|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
2. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
3. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
(a) Because she was mean.
(b) Because she didn't love her children.
(c) Because she had no love for her husband.
(d) Because she wouldn't speak to anyone.
4. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) Lace stockings.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dress.
(d) A necklace.
5. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her family that has died.
(d) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
3. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
4. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)