|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Kiss him.
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To prevent smell.
(b) As a sign of faith.
(c) To symbolize heaven.
(d) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
3. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A cross.
(b) A branch of palm.
(c) A candle.
(d) A rose.
4. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she needs to cook.
(b) Because the mother wants her to.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) Brass earrings.
(b) A dress.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
3. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
4. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
5. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)