|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(b) Embroider and make lace.
(c) Do housework.
(d) Play in the garden.
2. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) Her son.
(b) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(c) Her family that has died.
(d) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
3. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she needs to cook.
(b) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(c) Because the mother wants her to.
(d) Because she is tired.
4. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To symbolize heaven.
(b) As a sign of faith.
(c) To prevent smell.
(d) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
5. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) Brass earrings.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
2. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
3. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
5. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)