|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(c) Because she needs to cook.
(d) Because the mother wants her to.
2. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) Her son.
(c) The Felix family.
(d) Her son's fiancee.
3. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
4. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To symbolize heaven.
(b) As a sign of faith.
(c) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(d) To prevent smell.
5. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
2. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
5. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)