|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(b) A hat.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A wreath.
2. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) See you soon.
(b) I love you.
(c) Go with God.
(d) Peace be with you.
3. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) Brass earrings.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A dress.
4. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
5. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(b) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her family that has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
2. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
3. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
4. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
5. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)