|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) A ring.
(b) Lace stockings.
(c) A dress.
(d) A necklace.
2. Who is the author of the play?
(a) Garcia Lopez.
(b) Paul Luis Manuel.
(c) Federico Munez.
(d) Federico Garcia Lorca.
3. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
4. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Hug him.
5. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
(a) The garden.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The vineyard.
(d) The land around the mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
2. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
3. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
4. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
5. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)