|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because the mother wants her to.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(d) Because she needs to cook.
2. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
3. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(a) Play in the garden.
(b) Do housework.
(c) Embroider and make lace.
4. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
5. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A cross.
(b) A branch of palm.
(c) A candle.
(d) A rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
2. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
3. What is the family name of the men who kill the mother's husband and son?
4. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
5. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)