|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) Her son.
(b) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(c) Her family that has died.
(d) The boy whose arms were cut off.
2. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) I love you.
(b) Go with God.
(c) Peace be with you.
(d) See you soon.
3. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Slap him.
4. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) The vineyards.
(b) Her home.
(d) The city.
5. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
2. Who is described as "a very nice young woman"?
3. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
4. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
5. Who is the author of the play?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)