|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A machine.
(b) A car.
(c) A knife.
(d) A tractor.
2. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Hug him.
3. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
4. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
5. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Planting vegetables.
(b) Taking water out to the harvesters.
(d) Playing all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
2. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
3. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
4. Who is the author of the play?
5. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)