|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
2. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she needs to cook.
(b) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(c) Because the mother wants her to.
(d) Because she is tired.
3. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A rose.
(b) A candle.
(c) A cross.
(d) A branch of palm.
4. Who does the mother reminisce about by noting that he is now the same age as the bride would be on her wedding day?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her grandchild.
(c) Her dead son.
5. Who does the servant ask Leonardo about that he forgets and then remembers 'as in a dream'?
(a) His wife.
(b) The bride.
(c) His son.
(d) The son/groom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother and bride's father refer to as "the one hope left"?
2. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What animal does the servant compare the groom's breath stroking a shoulder to?
4. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
5. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)