|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
(a) Leonardo's wife.
(b) The bride.
(c) Leonardo's baby.
2. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
(b) The field.
(c) The weighing station.
(d) A friend's house.
3. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) I love you.
(b) See you soon.
(c) Go with God.
(d) Peace be with you.
4. Who does the groom/son run into in the woods after leaving the youth?
(a) The moon.
(b) A servant.
(c) The beggar woman.
(d) The bride.
5. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because she needs to cook.
(c) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(d) Because the mother wants her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
2. What color branch do the woodcutters ask death to give to the couple?
3. What does the servant tell the groom/son she has prepared for him and the bride for midnight?
4. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
5. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)