|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Brass earrings.
(c) A dress.
(d) A diamond ring.
2. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
3. What animal does the servant compare the groom's breath stroking a shoulder to?
4. What two weapons do the woodcutters say the people searching for Leonardo and the bride have?
(a) Knives and stakes.
(b) Guns and knives.
(c) Ropes and fire.
(d) Guns and mallets.
5. What is the neighbor wearing on her head when she comes to visit the mother?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A hat.
(c) A wreath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
2. What does the mother describe as "a man, children, and for everybody else a wall two feet thick"?
3. What does the bride beg Leonardo to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the father talking about when he says, "Every sprig a coin of silver"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)