|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dance are the bride and groom supposed to dance first and lead?
(a) The love dance.
(b) The round dance.
(c) The marriage dance.
(d) The square dance.
2. Who does the beggar woman say would be beautiful if he was asleep?
(a) The moon.
(b) The bride.
(c) The son/groom.
3. Who does one woodcutter claim "carried the fate of his family"?
(a) The son/groom.
(b) Leonardo's son.
(d) The bride's father.
4. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) It's dry.
(b) There is no man to plant trees.
(c) They don't want trees.
(d) They do not know how to plant trees.
5. Who says, "hug her so hard you hurt her just a little"?
(a) The mother.
(b) The bride's father.
(d) The bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
2. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
3. Who says, "I may bear it but I don't forgive it"?
4. Who says, "You know me, you know I say what I think"?
5. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)