|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
(a) Wake up, wake up.
(b) Get up it's your wedding day.
(c) Let the bride awake on the morning of her wedding.
(d) Awake for your wedding is today.
2. What does the groom/son and the youth compare their search for the bride and Leonardo to?
(b) A game.
(c) A witch hunt.
3. Who describes marriage as "a shining white bed. And a woman. And a man."?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The servant.
(c) The son.
(d) The bride.
4. What does the groom/son ask for when he finds out that the bride has run off with Leonardo?
(a) A drink.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A horse.
5. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
(a) The son.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The bride.
(d) The mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes marriage as "endless bitterness"?
2. What do the girls bother the bride about during the wedding party?
3. Who is the author of the play?
4. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
5. Why does the neighbor tell the mother that she dislikes the bride's mother?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)