|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
2. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(b) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(c) Her family that has died.
(d) Her son.
3. What type of drink does Leonardo's wife offer him?
4. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To the city.
(b) The vineyards.
(c) To a neighbor's home.
(d) To his home.
5. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) Lace stockings.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dress.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
2. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
3. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
4. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
5. What item does Leonardo tell his wife he has been weighing while he is away with his horse?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)