|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(b) Her son.
(c) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(d) Her family that has died.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The mother's house.
(b) The son's house.
(c) The vineyard.
(d) Leonardo's house.
3. What is the cot in the lullaby made of?
4. Who is described as "Beautiful, A glow in her face..."?
(a) The bride.
(b) The mother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The bride's mother.
5. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
(a) Do you know my cousin's getting engaged?
(b) Why is the horse so tired?
(c) Where have you been?
(d) Why are you late?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
3. Who sees the horse "in a lather"?
4. Whom does the mother question her neighbor about in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)