|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To symbolize heaven.
(b) As a sign of faith.
(c) To prevent smell.
(d) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
3. Where does Leonardo tell his mother-in-law his horse has been after she comments that it looks very tired?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The field.
(d) The weighing station.
4. How long does Leonardo date his wife's cousin?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
5. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Go with God.
(b) I love you.
(c) See you soon.
(d) Peace be with you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
2. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
3. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
4. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
5. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)