|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) Her son.
(b) The boy whose arms were cut off.
(c) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(d) Her family that has died.
2. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
3. What does Leonardo's wife ask that he buy for their baby?
(a) A cradle.
(c) A cap with ribbons.
(d) A dress.
4. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Slap him.
5. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
2. Who sees the horse "in a lather"?
3. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
4. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
5. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)