|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does the neighbor say the son's fiancée is when she dates her last suitor?
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(b) To prevent smell.
(c) As a sign of faith.
(d) To symbolize heaven.
3. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
4. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
5. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Taking water out to the harvesters.
(b) Planting vegetables.
(d) Playing all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
2. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
3. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
4. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
5. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)