|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
(a) Her son.
(b) The Felix family.
(c) Her son's fiancee.
(d) The neighbor.
3. What does the girl tell Leonardo's wife the son and his mother bought at the store?
(b) A dress.
(c) A hat.
(d) Embroidered stockings.
4. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Kill him.
5. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the play?
2. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
3. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
4. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
5. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)