|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The mother's house.
(b) Leonardo's house.
(c) The vineyard.
(d) The son's house.
2. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
(a) The vineyard.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The land around the mill.
(d) The garden.
3. How long does Leonardo tell his wife he has been replacing his horse's shoes?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 months.
4. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
5. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) The city.
(b) The vineyards.
(d) Her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
2. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
3. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
4. What does Leonardo's wife ask that he buy for their baby?
5. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)