|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To his home.
(b) The vineyards.
(c) To a neighbor's home.
(d) To the city.
2. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
(a) Sleep little baby.
(b) Be quiet sweet one.
(c) Hush, baby, hush.
(d) Sweet dreams little one.
3. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Go with God.
(b) Peace be with you.
(c) See you soon.
(d) I love you.
4. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What area does the mother tell her son to tend to because he has neglected it?
(a) The garden.
(b) The vineyard.
(c) The land around the mill.
(d) The graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cover in the lullaby made of?
2. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
3. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
5. Who says, "He's down there stretched out, with his eyeballs bulging..."?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)