|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
2. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
3. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) I love you.
(b) See you soon.
(c) Peace be with you.
(d) Go with God.
4. What does the neighbor tell the mother to keep her mouth shut about?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her family that has died.
(c) That her son's fiancée once dated a member of the Felix family.
(d) The boy whose arms were cut off.
5. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A car.
(c) A machine.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
3. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
4. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
5. How many years does the mother say it has been since she has left her home?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)