|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
2. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A dress.
(c) Lace stockings.
(d) A ring.
3. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Go with God.
(b) See you soon.
(c) Peace be with you.
(d) I love you.
4. Finish the line from the lullaby: "With a branch of dreams, and a dream of ____".
5. Where does Leonardo tell his wife he has been going on his horse in Scene 2?
(a) The field.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The grocer.
(d) A friend's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
2. What does the mother start to do to her son but stops short in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How old is Leonardo when the mother's husband and son are killed?
4. What does the mother tell her son she wishes he was in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)