|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
(b) Embroider and make lace.
(c) Play in the garden.
(d) Do housework.
2. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
3. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
(a) The son.
(b) The mother.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The bride.
4. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
5. What reason does the son give his mother to explain why there are no trees on his bride's land?
(a) There is no man to plant trees.
(b) It's dry.
(c) They don't want trees.
(d) They do not know how to plant trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the mother to get to the bride's home?
2. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
3. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What color are the "long rooms" in the lullaby?
5. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)