|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the neighbor say the children are worn out from at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Planting vegetables.
(c) Taking water out to the harvesters.
(d) Playing all day.
3. What item does the mother ask her son if he is wearing?
(a) His coat.
(b) His hat.
(c) His tie.
(d) His watch.
4. Who says, "Whenever I leave you I feel a great emptiness and a kind of lump in my throat"?
(a) The son.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The bride.
(d) The mother.
5. What is the mother describing in the following text: "They let them eat there, and smoke, and make music if they want to!"?
(a) The city.
(b) Her home.
(c) The vineyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother offer to give her son's fiancée?
2. Who says, "You know me, you know I say what I think"?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
5. What does the girl call Leonardo's wife when she comes to her home in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)