|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
(a) Awake for your wedding is today.
(b) Wake up, wake up.
(c) Let the bride awake on the morning of her wedding.
(d) Get up it's your wedding day.
2. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(b) Because the mother wants her to.
(c) Because she needs to cook.
(d) Because she is tired.
3. What animal is the lullaby about that is sung in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
5. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
(d) Icy cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
2. Who said, "You have to punish it, torture it, to get anything!"?
3. What does the mother say she wishes to do with her granddaughters?
4. Who tells Leonardo's wife that he has been riding his horse to the edge of the plain?
5. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)