|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonardo's wife want him to ride to the church for the wedding?
(a) To walk.
(b) In a boat.
(c) In the cart.
(d) On horseback.
2. Who is the mother talking about when she says, "He'd have found water. In our three years he planted ten cherry trees"?
(a) Her dead son.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her dead husband.
3. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(c) Because she needs to cook.
(d) Because the mother wants her to.
4. Who is the mother angry to see at the wedding?
(b) The bride.
(c) Several members of the Felix family.
(d) Leonardo's wife.
5. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes marriage as "a shining white bed. And a woman. And a man."?
2. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
3. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
4. Who says "your eyes are two thorns"?
5. In the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law, what is the animal afraid of?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)