|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes marriage as "a shining white bed. And a woman. And a man."?
(a) The bride.
(b) The servant.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The son.
2. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Go with God.
(b) Peace be with you.
(c) See you soon.
(d) I love you.
3. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
4. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
5. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(c) Because she needs to cook.
(d) Because the mother wants her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother tell her son to buy his fiancée?
2. Who is the first guest to arrive at the wedding?
3. What animal does the servant compare the groom's breath stroking a shoulder to?
4. What does the servant bring on the platters to serve to the mother, son and father?
5. Of the items the mother mentions her husband grew, which one "dried up"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)