|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Leonardo's house.
(b) The son's house.
(c) The bride's house.
(d) The church.
2. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
(a) Let the bride awake on the morning of her wedding.
(b) Get up it's your wedding day.
(c) Awake for your wedding is today.
(d) Wake up, wake up.
3. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
(b) To symbolize heaven.
(c) To prevent smell.
(d) As a sign of faith.
4. What does Leonardo cause the girl to do after she tells him about the gifts the son and mother have purchased?
5. What does the baby do after the lullaby is finished?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bride do to the servant when she picks up one of the gifts?
2. Who is at the bride's window on horseback the night before the son and mother's visit?
3. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
5. Who is described as "fresh as a dahlia"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)