|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Leonardo talking about when he says, "when he's dead he's dead"?
(a) His son.
(b) His horse.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The son/groom.
2. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To symbolize heaven.
(b) As a sign of faith.
(c) To prevent smell.
(d) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
3. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) To his home.
(b) To a neighbor's home.
(c) To the city.
(d) The vineyards.
4. Finish the sentence: "When you go from your home to the church, remember you go like a ______ _________"?
(a) Blooming flower.
(b) Shooting star.
(c) Flowing river.
(d) Gentle wind.
5. Who is the mother talking about when she says "my mouth fills with mud"?
(a) The Felix family.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her son's fiancee.
(d) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. What is the name of the boy whose arms are cut off?
4. What does the mother's neighbor say is responsible for cutting off a young neighborhood boy's arms?
5. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)