|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The church.
(b) The son's house.
(c) The bride's house.
(d) Leonardo's house.
2. Who says, "I've always done a man's work"?
(a) The son.
(b) The bride's father.
(d) The bride.
3. What reason does the neighbor give the mother when she leaves?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because she needs to cook.
(c) Because the men will be in from the fields soon.
(d) Because the mother wants her to.
4. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
5. What instrument plays when the bride finally appears to everyone in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the wedding chant by the girls and youths, what color ribbons does the groom tie on the bride's wreath?
2. Who says "your eyes are two thorns"?
3. What does the mother say to her son just before he leaves her house in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What question does Leonardo's wife ask him that makes him angry?
5. Who describes marriage as "a shining white bed. And a woman. And a man."?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)