|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two objects does one woodcutter compare the bride and Leonardo to?
(a) A cross and barrel.
(b) Two rivers, one heart.
(c) A bird and flower.
(d) Two empty pitchers, two dry streams.
2. What body part does the son/groom say belongs to his father and brother?
(a) His arm.
(b) His head.
(c) His heart.
(d) His feet.
3. Finish the sentence: "as if I'd drunk a bottle of anise and fallen asleep on a great heap of ____".
4. Who is described as a "tall, stern woman"?
(a) The bride.
(b) The mother-in-law.
(c) Leonardo's wife.
(d) The mother.
5. What item does not appear on the gift that the son buys for his bride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is repeated several times by the moon in its first speech?
2. Who says, "I will sleep at your feet, I will guard your dreams"?
3. Who says, "Round swan on the river, Cathedral's eye...I am all these things"?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. How does the chant begin that the servants announce as the bride is waking up?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)