|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the lullaby sung by Leonardo's wife and mother-in-law begin?
(a) Hush, baby, hush.
(b) Sleep little baby.
(c) Be quiet sweet one.
(d) Sweet dreams little one.
2. What flower does the lullaby use that is directed at the child?
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, what do the bride and Leonardo say fills their tongues?
(b) Lies and hate.
(c) Splinters and glass.
(d) Needles and thorns.
4. How does Leonardo ask for his drink to be prepared?
(a) Icy cold.
5. Finish the line from the lullaby: "And in its eye a dagger of ___".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Shine the waistcoat, undo the buttons"?
2. What does the son/groom think he hears in the woods?
3. What color clothes does the beggar woman wear?
4. What two objects does one woodcutter compare the bride and Leonardo to?
5. What does the groom/son and the youth compare their search for the bride and Leonardo to?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)