Act 1, Scene 1
1. Who is the author of the play?
(a) Garcia Lopez.
(b) Federico Garcia Lorca.
(c) Federico Munez.
(d) Paul Luis Manuel.
2. What color is the room where the mother and son argue in Scene 1?
3. Where is the son going when he asks his mother for a knife?
(a) The vineyards.
(b) To the city.
(c) To his home.
(d) To a neighbor's home.
4. Which weapon does the mother not mention in her rant?
5. When describing a man coming home dead, what item does the mother mention is placed across his breast?
(a) A rose.
(b) A candle.
(c) A branch of palm.
(d) A cross.
6. What reason does the mother give for a dish of salt being included in a coffin?
(a) To prevent smell.
(b) As a sign of faith.
(c) To symbolize heaven.
(d) To prevent the body from swelling in the heat.
7. What flower does the mother say her husband smells like?
This section contains 3,895 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)