Act 1, Scene 1
• A mother goes to say goodbye to her son, who is busy cutting down some grapes with a knife.
• The mother quickly becomes angry with the son because he is using a weapon to remove the grapes.
• The mother discusses her hatred of weapons and reminds him that his father and brother were killed with weapons by the Felix family, and then begs her son not to leave his home and return to the country.
• The son asks his mother to leave her home and come to live with him and his fiancée, but she refuses because she must visit her husband and son's graves daily to ensure no members from the Felix family are buried next to them.
• The mother has yet to meet her son's fiancée, although she is familiar with her family. She finally agrees to meet with the fiancée's...
This section contains 1,923 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)