|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody end Simon's threat?
2. Why do Tommy and Jody decide to try drowning her?
3. When the Animals finally reach the yacht, how many hours of daylight do they still have?
4. Why does Jody's mother call?
5. What are the names of the two officers that are investigating the murders of drained bodies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tommy decides to "hold on to" Jody?
2. As Tommy's experiments continue, what does he discover of Jody's powers?
3. What type of woman is Jody's mother?
4. What stops Jody from going into her house?
5. Who saves Jody from burning up as daylight breaks?
6. Why do the Animals decide to go to Tommy's house at 7:30 in the morning?
7. What is the true reason that Tommy locked Jody in the freezer?
8. How does the novel end?
9. As Jody leaves the vampire meeting, who calls her at a pay phone?
10. In order to give the turtles freedom, what does Tommy do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters Tommy and Elijah.
How does Elijah attempt to control Jody differ from Tommy's past attempts?
Are both men seeking a true companion?
Or do they want a woman that they can oppress?
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree or disagree with this statement: Jody's inability to function in the modern world as a woman is somewhat shocking.
Why is she frightened to carry out the easiest of tasks?
Is this a reaction to the dangers in our society? How are woman forced to be scared so that they can be cast in a submissive light?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1. Analyze the character the Emperor.
Part 2. What does this character symbolize for the city of San Francisco? What important topics does the Emperor help to bring to the forefront?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)