|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Simon and Jody alike on some level?
2. Why does Simon threaten Jody?
3. What is the yacht filled with?
4. What is Jody's highest priority?
5. What does the detectives' witness claim happened at the Laundromat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jody think her maker is setting her and Tommy up?
2. After the explosion, Elijah crawls out of the rubble. Why does Jody ask for him to be spared?
3. Why does Jody ask Tommy to kill Elijah during the day?
4. How do Jody and Tommy get rid of Jody's mother?
5. What type of woman is Jody's mother?
6. How does the novel end?
7. Where does Jody decide to go to cheer up over Tommy's betrayal?
8. In order to give the turtles freedom, what does Tommy do?
9. As Jody leaves the vampire meeting, who calls her at a pay phone?
10. What happens when Jody wakes up in the morgue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Moore agrees to keep a light, playful tone.
What elements of style does Moore utilize to create humorous situations?
Examine the following parts of the novel:
- Character development
Essay Topic 2
Describe the life of Elijah before he was turned into a vampire.
Is this why he seeks to have a companion so survive the rest of his lonely existence?
Essay Topic 3
If you could be Elijah in the story, how would you have changed your actions so that you would not end up in a bronze statue?
Describe why and how your actions would have been different.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)