|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jody learned to do that she could not do before?
2. Who calls Tommy as he is about to go to sleep?
3. What are the names of the two officers that are investigating the murders of drained bodies?
4. When does Jody usually call her mother?
5. What is Jody's highest priority?
Short Essay Questions
1. With the help of the dog, where do the Animals find Elijah's resting place?
2. Why does Tommy think that he and Jody's relationship is unbalanced?
3. What type of woman is Jody's mother?
4. After killing her first person, what does Jody begin to wonder?
5. Why do the police choose to arrest Tommy?
6. Why does Jody ask Tommy to kill Elijah during the day?
7. How does the novel end?
8. How do Jody and Tommy get rid of Jody's mother?
9. Why does Jody decide to complete her first kill?
10. Why does Tommy decides to "hold on to" Jody?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree or disagree with this statement: Jody's inability to function in the modern world as a woman is somewhat shocking.
Why is she frightened to carry out the easiest of tasks?
Is this a reaction to the dangers in our society? How are woman forced to be scared so that they can be cast in a submissive light?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Moore agrees to keep a light, playful tone.
What elements of style does Moore utilize to create humorous situations?
Examine the following parts of the novel:
- Character development
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters Tommy and Elijah.
How does Elijah attempt to control Jody differ from Tommy's past attempts?
Are both men seeking a true companion?
Or do they want a woman that they can oppress?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)