|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On her walk, what does Jody realize about herself?
2. What do the workers at Safeway get high off of?
3. How much money did Jody's attacker leave her?
4. When she wakes up the following night, where does Jody find herself?
5. When Jody breaks into Kurt's apartment, what does she find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Blood Sucking Fiends simply a love story?
2. Who is C Thomas Flood?
3. Why does Jody ask Tommy to jump off of the Coit Tower?
4. Jody asks Tommy to do many things for her. How does Tommy begin to feel about Jody's bossiness?
5. Why is Jody afraid to move her car?
6. What are the workers at the Marina Safeway referred to and why?
7. How does Jody prove she is a vampire? How does Tommy react to the news?
8. Now that Jody has been bitten, how does she feel differently?
9. Why does Jody decide to bring the homeless man's body upstairs to the apartment?
10. Who does Tommy meet as the Chapter ends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the characters in Bloodsucking Fiends are aflicted with AIDS:
Why does Moore discuss AIDS in the book?
Does this have something to do with the time period of the novel?
How did AIDS affect the gay and young American scene in San Francisco in the early 1990s?
Essay Topic 2
Currently, vampires are extremely popular in mainstream media.
1. Compare Moore's Jody to another popular vampire character from television, books, or movies.
2. How do they differ in powers and personalities?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Independence are important themes in the novel. How are these themes carried out through multiple characters?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)