|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jody becomes so angry with Kurt, that she throws a __________ at him.
2. What does the Emperor warn Jody of?
3. What does Jody eat that instantly makes her feel better?
4. What has Tommy found on his bed everyday that he has lived in Chinatown?
5. What does Tom enjoy reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tommy choose to run into the bathroom and lock himself inside? How does Jody convince Tommy of her innocence?
2. What does Jody unconsciously do to make herself feel better?
3. Why does Jody hate walking alone?
4. Is Blood Sucking Fiends simply a love story?
5. Why does Jody throw a potted plant at her boyfriend, Kurt?
6. How does Jody feel when she finds Kurt in bed with another woman?
7. How does Jody become a vampire?
8. Jody asks Tommy to do many things for her. How does Tommy begin to feel about Jody's bossiness?
9. Who does Jody decide to attack at the laundromat?
10. Why does Tommy wish to have sex again, even though he knows he might loose more blood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1. Analyze the character the Emperor.
Part 2. What does this character symbolize for the city of San Francisco? What important topics does the Emperor help to bring to the forefront?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters Tommy and Elijah.
How does Elijah attempt to control Jody differ from Tommy's past attempts?
Are both men seeking a true companion?
Or do they want a woman that they can oppress?
Essay Topic 3
How does Moore use style and tone to create the landscape of San Francisco?
How does Moore use colorful, creative characters to expose San Francisco?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)