|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Emperor's responsibility to the city?
2. Instead of asking Tommy to sleep with her, Jody asks Tommy to _______.
3. Who does Tommy meet while he is searching the city for a job?
4. How does Jody feel toward the end of Chapter 8?
5. Because Jody gave Tommy so much money, what does Tommy think Jody does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Instead of asking Tommy to sleep with her, what does Jody ask of Tommy?
2. What does Troy Lee discover about Tommy's roommates?
3. After Tommy studies the women's magazines, why does he become upset?
4. How does Jody become a vampire?
5. What does Tommy's desire to sleep with Jody while she is sleeping show?
6. What happens after Kurt is knocked out?
7. Why does Jody hate walking alone?
8. Why does Jody wake up at sunset upset?
9. Why does Jody break the romantic mood that is building between her and Tommy?
10. Why does Tommy wish to have sex again, even though he knows he might loose more blood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Examine the Safeway workers who call themselves the Animals.
2. Make a list of each character and describe what makes them an Animal.
3. How does Tommy fit in among the chaos of the group?
Essay Topic 2
Several of the characters in Bloodsucking Fiends are aflicted with AIDS:
Why does Moore discuss AIDS in the book?
Does this have something to do with the time period of the novel?
How did AIDS affect the gay and young American scene in San Francisco in the early 1990s?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Moore agrees to keep a light, playful tone.
What elements of style does Moore utilize to create humorous situations?
Examine the following parts of the novel:
- Character development
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)