|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Norman a prisoner of war?
2. How many times is Stephen shot down?
3. When does Robert Mountain get back to the United States from Vietnam?
4. What is Stephen's job in Vietnam?
5. Where does Arthur grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert Mountain have to have his leg amputated again, this time below the knee?
2. Why does Arthur Woodley kill another GI in February 1969?
3. What are some stupid things that Don believes increased the likelihood of attack or problems with the Vietnamese?
4. Why do the Vietnamese call Arthur "Montagnard"?
5. Why doesn't Joseph Anderson allow his men to take the trails and paths?
6. What does Don write in a letter to President Johnson?
7. What does Archie say that southerners would feel when they learn there was a black officer in charge of them?
8. How is Robert Daniels injured?
9. What happens to the platoon that Joseph and his men have to find that is dropped into a landing zone called LZ Pink in the Central Highlands?
10. Why does Robert Holcomb go back to Vietnam in 1982?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the soldiers came back home with scars, both physical and emotional. Explain the types of scars that soldiers received from the war and how these scars affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the confusion that men in the book faced on the battlefield and at home. Use examples from "Bloods."
Essay Topic 3
Norman McAlexander decides that God may not remove his trials, but will give him strength to get through them. Explain how this belief helped Norman endure prison and torture.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)