|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Norman grow up?
2. How many children does Robert Mountain have after he gets married?
3. Archie gets fragments in his lower back and buttocks. Where is the doctor from who removes the fragments and stitches him up?
4. What rank does Don make and that he will have when he retires?
5. Where does Norman go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the platoon that Joseph and his men have to find that is dropped into a landing zone called LZ Pink in the Central Highlands?
2. Who are the two soldiers that are killed under Archie's command?
3. Why does Robert Mountain have to have his leg amputated again, this time below the knee?
4. What is Robert Mountain's training like at Fort Benning?
5. What does Don write in a letter to President Johnson?
6. What does Archie's regiment find after they have been following a trail for twelve days in the jungle?
7. What is Norman's job in the Air Force?
8. Why do the Vietnamese call Arthur "Montagnard"?
9. Why does Robert Holcomb go back to Vietnam in 1982?
10. What are some stupid things that Don believes increased the likelihood of attack or problems with the Vietnamese?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the soldiers came back home with scars, both physical and emotional. Explain the types of scars that soldiers received from the war and how these scars affected their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Adjustment to civilian life was a frequent problem for soldiers from the Vietnam War era. Compare and contrast the different adjustments that soldiers had to make and how they dealt with these adjustments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way that soldiers treated both military and civilian Vietnamese. Use examples from "Bloods."
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)