|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Norman from?
2. What rank does Don make and that he will have when he retires?
3. What is Arthur's nickname around camp?
4. Where does Stephen say that Puff the Magic Dragon is damaged and four Cobras are lost?
5. When is the ammo dump at Long Binh blown up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hurts Archie when he returns to the United States?
2. What do the FBI want Robert Holcomb to do for them?
3. What does Archie say that southerners would feel when they learn there was a black officer in charge of them?
4. What injuries does Robert Mountain sustain when he is hit outside his bunker?
5. Why does Robert Mountain have to have his leg amputated again, this time below the knee?
6. Why does Robert Holcomb go back to Vietnam in 1982?
7. What does Archie's regiment find after they have been following a trail for twelve days in the jungle?
8. Why does Arthur Woodley kill another GI in February 1969?
9. Why do the Vietnamese call Arthur "Montagnard"?
10. How poor is Edgar when he joins the marines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain why maturity and a strong home life helped some of the older soldiers deal with their experiences in Vietnam.
Essay Topic 2
Some soldiers joined the Black Panthers after they returned to civilian life. Explain why the Black Panthers organization attracted some soldiers after they had been in the war. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Several of the soldiers state that racial incidents did not happen on the front. Explain why racial incidents did not happen on the front. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)