|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard go on disability after serving as a federal agent?
2. Where did Light Bulb go to college for a semester before enlisting?
3. How many times does Studs Armstrong reenlist to stay in Vietnam?
4. During the attack on the hospital, What does Luther fire at the VC when he is on top of the bunker?
5. What does Charles decide that the war in Vietnam was fought for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles say is his first contact with a real man?
2. Why does Luther get a Bronze Star for his part in the hospital attack?
3. What happens in 1975 when Luther is in a room at the Naval Regional Medical Center in Norfolk?
4. What dreams did Charles have?
5. What does Luther think he hears one evening outside his bunker at the hospital?
6. By 1969, what new type of black soldier appeared in Vietnam?
7. What does Haywood remember about night movement in a monsoon?
8. Why isn't Light Bulb's father pleased when he enlists?
9. What is Haywood's most fearful moment?
10. How do forty men in Bravo Company get killed by friendly fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the training that the soldiers received did or did not affect the way that they viewed and treated the Vietnamese. Use examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether most of the soldiers were or were not given the respect they deserved when they returned home. Use examples from "Bloods."
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the courage and cowardice of the soldiers.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)