|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medal does Luther get for his part in the hospital attack?
2. How many siblings does Emmanuel have?
3. When Light Bulb arrives in the area near the Ia Drang Valley, how long had a man been standing on a mine?
4. Where does Richard hold a party to arrest some drug pushers?
5. Why does Richard go on disability after serving as a federal agent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three alternatives does Charles have after his third dream?
2. Why does Luther get a Bronze Star for his part in the hospital attack?
3. How does Light Bulb get a man off a mine that he had stepped on?
4. What dreams did Charles have?
5. What happens to a white guy from D.C. that Haywood meets just after joining Tango Squad?
6. What special training did Luther have before he was sent to work in a hospital in Vietnam?
7. During the attack on the hospital, what does Luther pray when he is under fire?
8. What does Luther do when Gillis says they should do something about the injured during the hospital attack because they are corpsmen?
9. How does Light Bulb lose a stripe and get a fine?
10. Why isn't Light Bulb's father pleased when he enlists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the soldiers state that racial incidents did not happen on the front. Explain why racial incidents did not happen on the front. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the soldiers seemed to lose their faith and others seemed to have a stronger faith in God after the war. Explain the different ways that Vietnam affected soldiers' faith in God.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way that soldiers treated both military and civilian Vietnamese. Use examples from "Bloods."
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)