|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does a Vietnamese interpreter tell Light Bulb that the Vietnamese had been fighting a war?
2. What does Light Bulb's father do for a living?
3. Which was the last branch of the service to integrate?
4. What job does Haywood chose when he goes home?
5. How many siblings does Emmanuel have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Haywood's most fearful moment?
2. What does Charles say is his first contact with a real man?
3. Why does Malik go into the service?
4. Why did some guys call Emmanuel a VC sympathizer?
5. What three alternatives does Charles have after his third dream?
6. What does Luther think he hears one evening outside his bunker at the hospital?
7. Why does Luther get a Bronze Star for his part in the hospital attack?
8. What dreams did Charles have?
9. Why is Richard supposed to have a job in the rear?
10. Describe the robbery that Haywood plans and executes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several of the soldiers state that racial incidents did not happen on the front. Explain why racial incidents did not happen on the front. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the soldiers came back home with scars, both physical and emotional. Explain the types of scars that soldiers received from the war and how these scars affected their lives.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether most of the soldiers were or were not given the respect they deserved when they returned home. Use examples from "Bloods."
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)