|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Norman come down when he ejects from his plane on July 20?
(a) Near Son Tay.
(b) Near Hai Phong.
(c) 30 miles northwest of Hanoi.
(d) South of Hanoi.
2. When does Robert Mountain get back to the United States from Vietnam?
(a) August 2.
(b) March 18.
(c) February 8.
(d) July 1.
3. How long is Norman in the prison called the Hilton?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
4. How long does it take Edgar to go from private to first sergeant?
(a) 23 months.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
5. When is the ammo dump at Long Binh blown up?
(a) December 1968.
(b) January 1968.
(c) November 1968.
(d) January 1969.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arthur's nickname around camp?
2. How many times is Stephen shot down?
3. About how many Vietnamese surround Norman when his plane is shot down?
4. Where does Arthur grow up?
5. At the dinner held in Don's honor when he is leaving, what is served to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don feel when the North Vietnamese began taking over South Vietnam?
2. What hurts Archie when he returns to the United States?
3. How is Norman able to attend college and become an office in the Air Force?
4. Who are the two soldiers that are killed under Archie's command?
5. Why does Robert Mountain have to have his leg amputated again, this time below the knee?
6. How poor is Edgar when he joins the marines?
7. What bothers Robert Daniels about the way the Vietnamese seem to thrive in the United States?
8. What injuries does Robert Mountain sustain when he is hit outside his bunker?
9. Why doesn't Joseph Anderson allow his men to take the trails and paths?
10. Why is William Norman frustrated with the navy?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)