|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medal does Archie earn for his part in the capture of two Russian-made guns?
(a) Bronze Star.
(b) Navy Cross.
(c) Medal of Honor.
(d) Silver Star.
2. How far did Norman walk to get on a school bus when he was a child?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Three blocks.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Eight miles.
3. What is Norman doing at the time Terry interviews him?
(a) Working for Cummins Engine Company.
(b) Working for IBM.
(c) Working for Amtrak.
(d) Working for Boeing.
4. Who is the dog handler in Archie's regiment?
(c) Corporal Rome.
(d) Lance Corporal Oliver.
5. Where is Norman from?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Fayetteville, North Carolina.
(c) Greenville, South Carolina.
(d) Jackson, Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many programs does Norman help to institute to make the Navy a better branch of service for the blacks?
2. How many hours does Stephen and a helicopter pilot wait to be rescued after being hit around Dong Tam?
3. How many Christmases does Robert Daniels spend in the hospital after he is injured?
4. Archie and his men capture two huge Russian-made guns. Where does one of the guns go after the war?
5. How long after Robert Daniels joins the army does he go to Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is William Norman frustrated with the navy?
2. How does Don feel when the North Vietnamese began taking over South Vietnam?
3. How poor is Edgar when he joins the marines?
4. What happens to the platoon that Joseph and his men have to find that is dropped into a landing zone called LZ Pink in the Central Highlands?
5. Why does Arthur Woodley kill another GI in February 1969?
6. What do the FBI want Robert Holcomb to do for them?
7. What does Archie say that southerners would feel when they learn there was a black officer in charge of them?
8. How is Norman able to attend college and become an office in the Air Force?
9. What does Archie's regiment find after they have been following a trail for twelve days in the jungle?
10. How are explosives brought in to blow up the ammo dump at Long Binh?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)