|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Norman from?
(a) Jackson, Mississippi.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Fayetteville, North Carolina.
(d) Greenville, South Carolina.
2. How many tons of Soviet weapons and ammunition are found by Joseph's unit in Cambodia?
(a) 100 tons.
(b) 35 tons.
(c) 50 tons.
(d) 25 tons.
3. How long does it take Edgar to go from private to first sergeant?
(a) 23 months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
4. How long after Robert Daniels joins the army does he go to Vietnam?
(a) Three months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
5. At the dinner held in Don's honor when he is leaving, what is served to eat?
(a) Rice soup.
(c) Duck Soup.
(d) Pigeon soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Norman in the prison called the Hilton?
2. What is Arthur's nickname around camp?
3. How many hours does Stephen and a helicopter pilot wait to be rescued after being hit around Dong Tam?
4. How many times is Stephen shot down?
5. How many children does Robert Mountain have after he gets married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Joseph Anderson allow his men to take the trails and paths?
2. Why is William Norman frustrated with the navy?
3. What does Don write in a letter to President Johnson?
4. How does Don feel when the North Vietnamese began taking over South Vietnam?
5. What hurts Archie when he returns to the United States?
6. What are some stupid things that Don believes increased the likelihood of attack or problems with the Vietnamese?
7. How is Robert Daniels injured?
8. What does Archie's regiment find after they have been following a trail for twelve days in the jungle?
9. What injuries does Robert Mountain sustain when he is hit outside his bunker?
10. Why does Robert Mountain have to have his leg amputated again, this time below the knee?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)