|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Mountain say he was trained to do at Fort Benning?
(b) Forward observer.
(c) Combat paratrooper.
2. What rank does Don make and that he will have when he retires?
(b) Lieutenant Commander.
3. How far did Norman walk to get on a school bus when he was a child?
(a) Three blocks.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Eight miles.
4. How many days does Arthur have left in country when he leaves the field?
5. How many Vietnamese were dumped out of choppers by Arthur's team?
(a) About twelve.
(c) About eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Norman a prisoner of war?
2. Who is the dog handler in Archie's regiment?
3. What is Robert Mountain's mother's job?
4. What year does Don get to Vietnam?
5. When does Robert Mountain get back to the United States from Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Arthur Woodley kill another GI in February 1969?
2. Why do the Vietnamese call Arthur "Montagnard"?
3. What does Don write in a letter to President Johnson?
4. What bothers Robert Daniels about the way the Vietnamese seem to thrive in the United States?
5. What hurts Archie when he returns to the United States?
6. What is Robert Mountain's training like at Fort Benning?
7. How poor is Edgar when he joins the marines?
8. Why is William Norman frustrated with the navy?
9. Why doesn't Joseph Anderson allow his men to take the trails and paths?
10. How is Norman able to attend college and become an office in the Air Force?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)