|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard go for therapy?
(a) Walter Reed Hospital.
(b) Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center.
(c) General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital.
(d) Womack Army Medical Center.
2. Where was Wallace Terry working when he was asked to cover a story on the role of the black soldier in the Vietnam War?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Philadelphia Inquirer.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Time magazine.
3. How many boxes of grenades does Luther throw during the hospital attack?
4. In what year was Wallace Terry asked to fly to Saigon and cover a story on the role of the black soldier in the Vietnam War?
5. What does Haywood's father do?
(d) Factory worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the youngest American soldier who died in combat in Vietnam?
2. What news reporter is in the Amtrac with Malik on August 5, 1965?
3. About how many villages does Haywood's platoon burn down?
4. When Light Bulb arrives in the area near the Ia Drang Valley, how long had a man been standing on a mine?
5. How many months of training in Vietnamese language, customs, and history does Luther have before going to Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the attack on the hospital, what does Luther pray when he is under fire?
2. What does Charles say is his first contact with a real man?
3. What did Richard do when some white guys in a car cut him off and honked the horn?
4. Why couldn't Richard sleep the first night he was home?
5. How does Light Bulb get a man off a mine that he had stepped on?
6. Why don't officers want to be saluted at the front?
7. What three alternatives does Charles have after his third dream?
8. Why isn't Light Bulb's father pleased when he enlists?
9. Why does Malik have to spend seven days in the brig?
10. What special training did Luther have before he was sent to work in a hospital in Vietnam?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)