|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Haywood go to basic training?
(a) Fort Benning, Georgia.
(b) Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
(c) Fort Jackson, South Carolina.
(d) Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
2. Where is Light Bulb's home town?
(a) East St. Louis, Illinois.
(b) Phoenix, Louisiana.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Topeka, Kansas.
3. How many times does Studs Armstrong reenlist to stay in Vietnam?
(a) Four times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
4. Why is Luther chosen to escort the Gemini 10 astronauts to sick bay?
(a) He works in the pharmacy.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a nurse.
(d) He is a medic.
5. What does Haywood's father do?
(a) Factory worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days and nights does Charles say that it rains during monsoon season?
2. When Haywood is sleeping in a rice paddy in the lowlands during monsoon season, how high does the water get?
3. When Light Bulb arrives in the area near the Ia Drang Valley, how long had a man been standing on a mine?
4. Where was Wallace Terry working when he was asked to cover a story on the role of the black soldier in the Vietnam War?
5. What does Gillis use to stop an armored personnel carrier during the hospital attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Light Bulb's father pleased when he enlists?
2. What types of things would Luther order for the Vietnamese?
3. Why did Mr. Ku Klux Klan change his mind about blacks?
4. What did Richard do when some white guys in a car cut him off and honked the horn?
5. Why does Malik go into the service?
6. What happens to a white guy from D.C. that Haywood meets just after joining Tango Squad?
7. What does Charles say is his first contact with a real man?
8. How does Light Bulb get a man off a mine that he had stepped on?
9. Describe the robbery that Haywood plans and executes.
10. What special training did Luther have before he was sent to work in a hospital in Vietnam?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)