|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Light Bulb go to college for a semester before enlisting?
(a) University of Illinois.
(b) Southern Illinois University.
(c) Bowling Green State University.
(d) Indiana State University.
2. Where does Haywood spend his last six months in the army?
(a) Anniston Army Depot, Alabama.
(b) Fort Carson, Colorado.
(c) Fort Benning, Georgia.
(d) Fort Bliss, Texas.
3. What does the blast from the weapon that the VC fire at the bunker during the hospital attack do to Gillis?
(a) Blows his leg off below the knee.
(b) Breaks his jaw.
(c) Breaks his arm.
(d) Blows out his eardrums.
4. What news reporter is in the Amtrac with Malik on August 5, 1965?
(a) Walter Cronkite.
(b) Martha Gellhorn.
(c) Morley Safer.
(d) Homer Bigart.
5. How many Bronze Stars does Richard receive in Vietnam?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are killed when Brooks fires a grenade launcher?
2. If Haywood's group is doing combat assault of a village, where would the command post be?
3. What village are Malik and his regiment going to level?
4. Who was president when Wallace Terry was asked to cover a story on the role of the black soldier in the Vietnam War?
5. What reimbursement does Emmanuel give for a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to a white guy from D.C. that Haywood meets just after joining Tango Squad?
2. What types of things would Luther order for the Vietnamese?
3. Why does Malik go into the service?
4. During the attack on the hospital, what does Luther pray when he is under fire?
5. What happens in 1975 when Luther is in a room at the Naval Regional Medical Center in Norfolk?
6. How do forty men in Bravo Company get killed by friendly fire?
7. What three alternatives does Charles have after his third dream?
8. Why did Mr. Ku Klux Klan change his mind about blacks?
9. What does Luther do when Gillis says they should do something about the injured during the hospital attack because they are corpsmen?
10. What does Charles say is his first contact with a real man?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)