|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Light Bulb arrives in the area near the Ia Drang Valley, how long had a man been standing on a mine?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
2. What medal does Luther get for his part in the hospital attack?
(a) Distinguished Service Medal.
(b) Silver Star.
(c) Bronze Star.
(d) Meritorious Service Medal.
3. What does Gillis use to stop an armored personnel carrier during the hospital attack?
(c) Antitank rounds.
(d) Machine gun.
4. Which was the last branch of the service to integrate?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Marines.
5. About how many villages does Haywood's platoon burn down?
(d) 50-75 villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Haywood avoid going to Chicago?
2. When Haywood is moving in the night during a monsoon, how far does he fall when he falls into a well?
3. How old is Haywood when he is told his unit is going to Chicago to the Democratic convention?
4. What nationality are many of the shop owners in the area around the hospital where Luther works?
5. What do Malik and his regiment use to burn down huts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Ku Klux Klan change his mind about blacks?
2. What is Haywood's most fearful moment?
3. Why does Malik go into the service?
4. Describe the robbery that Haywood plans and executes.
5. What did Richard do when some white guys in a car cut him off and honked the horn?
6. Why did some guys call Emmanuel a VC sympathizer?
7. What does Charles say is his first contact with a real man?
8. Why couldn't Richard sleep the first night he was home?
9. What three alternatives does Charles have after his third dream?
10. What dreams did Charles have?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)