|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What training does Charles get at Lai Khe?
(a) Auto mechanic.
(c) Guerrilla warfare.
2. What do the VC fire directly at the bunker where Luther and Gillis are during the hospital attack?
(b) B-40 rocket.
(c) FIM-92 Stinger.
(d) LRAC F1.
3. How old was Light Bulb when he enlisted?
4. What does Charles decide that the war in Vietnam was fought for?
(b) To stop the Chinese.
(c) To save the Vietnamese.
(d) To stop Communism.
5. Where does Luther live when he is at the hospital in Vietnam?
(a) In the barracks.
(b) In a room in the hospital.
(c) In a hut.
(d) In a bunker he built outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Luther have to watch an interrogation to make sure the prisoners are treated properly?
2. How many more months did Light Bulb have to serve when he left Vietnam?
3. During what time of day is Luther's hospital in attacked?
4. In what year was Wallace Terry asked to fly to Saigon and cover a story on the role of the black soldier in the Vietnam War?
5. Where does Light Bulb do his basic training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Light Bulb's father pleased when he enlists?
2. What dreams did Charles have?
3. By 1969, what new type of black soldier appeared in Vietnam?
4. What does Luther think he hears one evening outside his bunker at the hospital?
5. Describe the robbery that Haywood plans and executes.
6. How does Light Bulb lose a stripe and get a fine?
7. Why couldn't Richard sleep the first night he was home?
8. What will Charles do if he is ever asked to fight overseas again?
9. Why don't officers want to be saluted at the front?
10. What does Haywood remember about night movement in a monsoon?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)