|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Arthur get out of the military?
2. Who takes Robert Holcomb to the Army induction center?
(a) The FBI.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His aunt and uncle.
3. When Archie makes his first kill, what does he think is the nationality of the man he kills?
4. What country is Norman going to for combat missions against Vietnam?
5. What year does Don get to Vietnam?
6. What is Arthur's nickname around camp?
7. How high is the plane Norman is in when it is hit by a surface-to-air missile?
(a) 30,000 feet.
(b) 20,000 feet.
(c) 15,000 feet.
(d) 10,000 feet.
8. How many people attend Edgar's retirement party?
9. What is Norman doing at the time Terry interviews him?
(a) Working for Amtrak.
(b) Working for IBM.
(c) Working for Boeing.
(d) Working for Cummins Engine Company.
10. At the dinner held in Don's honor when he is leaving, what is served to eat?
(a) Duck Soup.
(b) Pigeon soup.
(c) Rice soup.
11. Where does Stephen say that Puff the Magic Dragon is damaged and four Cobras are lost?
(a) Tonkin Gulf.
(b) Sampan Valley.
(c) Bien Hoa.
12. How many tons of food supplies does Joseph's unit find when they go into Cambodia?
(a) 10 tons.
(b) 20 tons.
(c) 5 tons.
(d) 15 tons.
13. What is Stephen's job in Vietnam?
(a) Point man.
14. In Archie's dreams about Vietnam, how many lives does he have?
15. When is mail cut off to the United States by Hanoi?
Short Answer Questions
1. Archie gets fragments in his lower back and buttocks. Where is the doctor from who removes the fragments and stitches him up?
2. What does Archie's scar from the fragments look like when it heals?
3. How many tons of Soviet weapons and ammunition are found by Joseph's unit in Cambodia?
4. How many Christmases does Robert Daniels spend in the hospital after he is injured?
5. How many programs does Norman help to institute to make the Navy a better branch of service for the blacks?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)