|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robert Mountain enlists, what does he want to do in the army?
(a) Combat photographer.
(b) Military police.
(c) Be a rifleman.
(d) Play in the band.
2. What does Archie's scar from the fragments look like when it heals?
(a) Lightning bolt.
(b) A smile.
(c) A crooked S.
(d) A crooked stick.
3. What is the nationality of the man who makes a film about Joseph's platoon?
4. How many people are on the barbed wire the night Long Binh is blown up?
5. What is Stephen's job in Vietnam?
(d) Point man.
6. How old is Stephen when he is drafted?
7. How long does it take Edgar to go from private to first sergeant?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) 23 months.
8. What is Arthur's nickname around camp?
9. What is Norman doing at the time Terry interviews him?
(a) Working for IBM.
(b) Working for Cummins Engine Company.
(c) Working for Amtrak.
(d) Working for Boeing.
10. What year does Don get to Vietnam?
11. How long is Norman in the prison called the Hilton?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
12. How many Vietnamese do Don's team find in the embassy when it is attacked?
13. What is Robert Mountain's mother's job?
(a) Guidance counselor.
(c) Human resources manager.
14. How many programs does Norman help to institute to make the Navy a better branch of service for the blacks?
15. Where did Joseph go to college?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) West Point.
(c) University of Nebraska.
(d) Kansas State.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Norman a prisoner of war?
2. What does Robert Mountain do his first three months in country?
3. Archie gets fragments in his lower back and buttocks. Where is the doctor from who removes the fragments and stitches him up?
4. How many children does Robert Mountain have after he gets married?
5. What is Robert Mountain's major in college?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)