|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does a Vietnamese interpreter tell Light Bulb that the Vietnamese had been fighting a war?
(a) 50 years.
(b) Hundreds of years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. How old was Light Bulb when he enlisted?
3. How many times does Studs Armstrong reenlist to stay in Vietnam?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
4. How many times is Emmanuel ambushed when he is making his rounds?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. When Light Bulb and his unit are trying to extricate a helicopter that had been shot down, what do they keep hearing in the night?
(b) Viet Cong.
6. Where were Charles's family from?
(b) South Carolina.
7. Where was Wallace Terry working when he was asked to cover a story on the role of the black soldier in the Vietnam War?
(a) Time magazine.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Philadelphia Inquirer.
8. How many men is Luther told that he shot and killed?
9. What was the unemployment rate of black veterans?
(a) 90 percent more than white veterans.
(b) Double the rate of white veterans.
(c) Half the rate of white veterans.
(d) 80 percent more than white veterans.
10. In what year was Wallace Terry asked to fly to Saigon and cover a story on the role of the black soldier in the Vietnam War?
11. How many days and nights does Charles say that it rains during monsoon season?
12. How old was the youngest American soldier who died in combat in Vietnam?
13. Where does Haywood spend his last six months in the army?
(a) Fort Benning, Georgia.
(b) Fort Bliss, Texas.
(c) Anniston Army Depot, Alabama.
(d) Fort Carson, Colorado.
14. How does Charles get out of the field in Vietnam?
(a) By getting injured.
(b) By requesting a transfer.
(c) By enlisting for four more years.
(d) By enlisting for three more years.
15. Where did Light Bulb go to college for a semester before enlisting?
(a) Bowling Green State University.
(b) Indiana State University.
(c) University of Illinois.
(d) Southern Illinois University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Luther have to watch an interrogation to make sure the prisoners are treated properly?
2. What medal does Luther get for his part in the hospital attack?
3. Why is Luther chosen to escort the Gemini 10 astronauts to sick bay?
4. Where did Charles's family settle down?
5. What time does Luther finally quit shooting when the hospital is attacked?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)