|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard go on disability after serving as a federal agent?
(a) He was shot in the chest.
(b) He was shot in the head.
(c) He was shot in the leg.
(d) He was shot in the shoulder.
2. How many months of training in Vietnamese language, customs, and history does Luther have before going to Vietnam?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. How long does Richard stay at his church his first night home?
(a) From 7:00 to 11:30 p.m.
(b) From 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
(c) From 5:00 to 7:30 p.m.
(d) From 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
4. Where does Haywood spend his last six months in the army?
(a) Fort Carson, Colorado.
(b) Fort Benning, Georgia.
(c) Fort Bliss, Texas.
(d) Anniston Army Depot, Alabama.
5. How many more months did Light Bulb have to serve when he left Vietnam?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
6. What does Light Bulb's father do for a living?
(a) Works in a factory.
(b) Drives a truck.
(c) Is a cook in a restaurant.
(d) Is a janitor.
7. How many siblings does Emmanuel have?
8. Where does Richard go for therapy?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center.
(b) Womack Army Medical Center.
(c) Walter Reed Hospital.
(d) General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital.
9. How much money did Charles need to be able to take a class at the junior college?
10. What do the VC fire directly at the bunker where Luther and Gillis are during the hospital attack?
(a) B-40 rocket.
(b) LRAC F1.
(c) FIM-92 Stinger.
11. How old was Malik when he joined the Marines?
12. What reimbursement does Emmanuel give for a house?
(a) About $9.
(b) About $100.
(c) About $50.
(d) About $200.
13. What does Haywood's father do?
(a) Factory worker.
14. What network is covering Malik and his regiment on August 5, 1965?
15. What news reporter is in the Amtrac with Malik on August 5, 1965?
(a) Morley Safer.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Homer Bigart.
(d) Martha Gellhorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Light Bulb's home town?
2. How many men is Luther told that he shot and killed?
3. About how many villages does Haywood's platoon burn down?
4. How many men's stories does Wallace Terry tell in the book?
5. Who are killed when Brooks fires a grenade launcher?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)