|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Studs Armstrong reenlist to stay in Vietnam?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
2. What does the blast from the weapon that the VC fire at the bunker during the hospital attack do to Luther?
(a) Breaks his hip.
(b) Blows off two fingers on his right hand.
(c) Blows out his eardrums.
(d) Blows the fillings out of his teeth.
3. How old was the youngest American soldier who died in combat in Vietnam?
4. Which was the last branch of the service to integrate?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Marines.
5. What reimbursement does Emmanuel give for a house?
(a) About $50.
(b) About $200.
(c) About $9.
(d) About $100.
6. What news reporter is in the Amtrac with Malik on August 5, 1965?
(a) Morley Safer.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Homer Bigart.
(d) Martha Gellhorn.
7. What does Gillis use to stop an armored personnel carrier during the hospital attack?
(c) Machine gun.
(d) Antitank rounds.
8. Where does Light Bulb do his basic training?
(a) Fort Jackson, South Carolina.
(b) Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
(c) Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
(d) Fort Knox, Kentucky.
9. How many days and nights does Charles say that it rains during monsoon season?
10. How many times does Luther have to watch an interrogation to make sure the prisoners are treated properly?
(b) Three times.
(d) Six times.
11. When Light Bulb and his unit are trying to extricate a helicopter that had been shot down, what do they keep hearing in the night?
(a) Viet Cong.
12. What street is Richard, his mother, and his wife driving on when white guys cut in front of them and blow the horn?
(a) Michigan Street.
(b) Chicago Avenue.
(c) Indiana Boulevard.
(d) Illinois Avenue.
13. How many boxes of grenades does Luther throw during the hospital attack?
14. When did Richard graduate from high school?
15. How much schooling did Charles's father have?
(a) Second-grade education.
(b) High-school education.
(c) Fourth-grade education.
(d) Eighth-grade education.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Luther fly into Saigon?
2. What does Light Bulb's father do for a living?
3. Why does Richard go directly to his church that first night he is home?
4. During what time of day is Luther's hospital in attacked?
5. Where did Light Bulb go to college for a semester before enlisting?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)