|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard go directly to his church that first night he is home?
(a) To thank people for praying for him.
(b) To talk to the pastor.
(c) To pray.
(d) To talk to the youth minister.
2. How old is Haywood when he is told his unit is going to Chicago to the Democratic convention?
3. Which was the last branch of the service to integrate?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Army.
4. When Haywood is sleeping in a rice paddy in the lowlands during monsoon season, how high does the water get?
(a) Up to his waist.
(b) Up to his chest.
(c) Up to his neck.
(d) Up to his ankles.
5. Where does Luther live when he is at the hospital in Vietnam?
(a) In a room in the hospital.
(b) In a hut.
(c) In the barracks.
(d) In a bunker he built outside.
6. What training does Charles get at Lai Khe?
(b) Guerrilla warfare.
(d) Auto mechanic.
7. What medal does Luther get for his part in the hospital attack?
(a) Distinguished Service Medal.
(b) Meritorious Service Medal.
(c) Silver Star.
(d) Bronze Star.
8. When Haywood is moving in the night during a monsoon, how far does he fall when he falls into a well?
(a) Two feet.
(b) Ten feet.
(c) Eight feet.
(d) Six feet.
9. What does Gillis use to stop an armored personnel carrier during the hospital attack?
(a) Machine gun.
(b) Antitank rounds.
10. About how many villages does Haywood's platoon burn down?
(b) 50-75 villages.
11. Where does Haywood spend his last six months in the army?
(a) Anniston Army Depot, Alabama.
(b) Fort Benning, Georgia.
(c) Fort Carson, Colorado.
(d) Fort Bliss, Texas.
12. If Haywood's group is doing combat assault of a village, where would the command post be?
(a) About 100 yards from the village.
(b) In the center of the village.
(c) On the edge of the village.
(d) About 500 yards from the village.
13. What is Haywood's favorite game in high school?
14. What is the name of Haywood's division?
(b) Cacti Green.
(c) Red squad.
(d) Blue squad.
15. How many months of training in Vietnamese language, customs, and history does Luther have before going to Vietnam?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Light Bulb go to college for a semester before enlisting?
2. What job does Haywood chose when he goes home?
3. How does Haywood avoid going to Chicago?
4. Where did Charles's family settle down?
5. When Light Bulb arrives in the area near the Ia Drang Valley, how long had a man been standing on a mine?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)