|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Captain Norman Alexander McDaniel; Sergeant Major Edgar A. Huff; Staff Sergeant Don F. Browne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many Vietnamese surround Norman when his plane is shot down?
2. Where does Haywood go to basic training?
(a) Fort Benning, Georgia.
(b) Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
(c) Fort Jackson, South Carolina.
(d) Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
3. What time does Luther finally quit shooting when the hospital is attacked?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 7:30 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
4. How many months of training in Vietnamese language, customs, and history does Luther have before going to Vietnam?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. When does Luther fly into Saigon?
(a) September 1970.
(b) January 1969.
(c) May 1967.
(d) April 1968.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men's stories does Wallace Terry tell in the book?
2. Who is Stephen's first white friend?
3. Where was Wallace Terry working when he was asked to cover a story on the role of the black soldier in the Vietnam War?
4. When Archie makes his first kill, what does he think is the nationality of the man he kills?
5. What is the name of Richard's church?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)