|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom cut Bob's throat?
2. What has Tom spent time in jail for?
3. How many chapters are in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
4. What two symbols are dominant in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
5. According to Tom, no man better try anything on Louisa - or what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of "Blood-Burning Moon." Describe the tone and how it affects the story's overall meaning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss blood as a symbol in the story.
1) What is the significance of the title?
2) Where does blood appear and in what context?
3) What is the meaning of blood?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of setting in "Blood-Burning Moon" in terms of class and race divisions.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)