|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom listens to an old black man tell stories of white folks, cotton picking, and what?
2. What do the white people do after seeing Bob with his throat cut?
3. Who is at Louisa's house when Bob rushes there in a fury?
4. What two symbols are dominant in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
5. What kind of relationship does Bob want to have with Louisa that he currently does not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of "Blood-Burning Moon." Describe the tone and how it affects the story's overall meaning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ending of "Blood-Burning Moon." Why are the neighbors absent at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jean Toomer's educational background and ethnic heritage, their connection to his writing and "Blood-Burning Moon" in particular.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)