|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom cut Bob's throat?
2. After getting his throat cut, what does Bob tell the white people he meets?
3. What has Tom spent time in jail for?
4. What does Bob hear the men talking about at the campfire?
5. According to Tom, no man better try anything on Louisa - or what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of music in "Blood-Burning Moon."
1) How is music used in the story?
2) What are the songs' tone and/or mood?
3) How does music bring the characters together?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of "Blood-Burning Moon." Describe the tone and how it affects the story's overall meaning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss blood as a symbol in the story.
1) What is the significance of the title?
2) Where does blood appear and in what context?
3) What is the meaning of blood?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)