|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white people do after seeing Bob with his throat cut?
2. How does Louisa respond to Tom's question about her and Bob?
3. Where is Tom as Chapter 2 opens?
4. Why does Bob not believe the gossip about Louisa and Tom?
5. According to Tom, no man better try anything on Louisa - or what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ending of "Blood-Burning Moon." Why are the neighbors absent at the end of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Harlem Renaissance.
1) Define the Harlem Renaissance.
2) What musicians, artists, and writers are parts of this movement?
3) How was "Cane" a part of the Harlem Renaissance.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of "Blood-Burning Moon." Describe the tone and how it affects the story's overall meaning.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)