|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom do when the joking men laugh at him?
(a) He pulls a knife.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He applauds.
(d) He cries.
2. What does Bob hear the men talking about at the campfire?
(a) What Bob will do to Tom if he finds out about Tom and Louisa.
(b) What Mr. Stone will do to Bob when he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
(c) What Tom will do to Bob if he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
(d) What Mr. Stone will do to Louisa when he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
3. According to Bob, why is his dream of a different relationship with Louisa NOT possible?
(a) Because of Louisa's engagement to Tom.
(b) Because of his friends and colleagues down south.
(c) Because of his parents and friends up north.
(d) Because of Louisa's desire to leave town.
4. Where is Bob as Louisa and Tom talk about their relationship?
(a) On his way to meet Louisa.
(b) On his way to Tom's house.
(c) On his way to work.
(d) On his way to see his parents.
5. According to Bob, what could he have done in the time of masters and slaves?
(a) Freed Louisa in order to marry.
(b) Fought for the emancipation of slaves.
(c) Done what he liked with a black woman.
(d) Been a master of Louisa and her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louisa's neighbors used to listen to?
2. How does Tom react to the joking workers?
3. Where is Tom as Chapter 2 opens?
4. Where are Louisa's neighbors at the end of the story?
5. Tom listens to an old black man tell stories of white folks, cotton picking, and what?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)