|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the novel that "Blood-Burning Moon" appears?
2. Who represents an opportunity to escape a life of poverty for Louisa?
(b) Mr. Stone.
(d) No one.
3. What is the last name of Louisa's employer?
4. What surrounds Louisa as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1
5. How could the tone of Chapter 1 be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Louisa believe is about to propose to her in Chapter 1?
2. What is the point of view of "Blood-Burning Moon"?
3. Who is Louisa supposed to meet in an hour as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of Louisa's employers' son?
5. How many men is Louisa involved with?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Cane," the novel from which "Blood-Burning Moon" is included, is credited with ushering in what important social movement?
2. How is Jean Toomer's racial background significant?
3. Why is Louisa reluctant to make a decision about which man she should choose?
4. Describe the opening scene of "Blood-Burning Moon" and its significance.
5. What is the setting of "Blood-Burning Moon"?
6. Why does the mob lynch Tom?
7. What does Tom tell Louisa when he finds her after leaving the campfire and how is it significant?
8. What is Louisa thinking about as she walks home in the opening scene of Chapter 1 and why is it significant?
9. Why are the men at the campfire afraid of Tom?
10. What is the Point of View of "Blood-Burning Moon" and why is it significant?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)