|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Louisa when Bob arrives at their meeting place in Chapter 1?
(a) She is downtown.
(b) She is at school.
(c) She is at home.
(d) She is at work.
2. According to Louisa, why does Bob spend more time with her than Tom?
(a) Tom spends his days away in the fields.
(b) Tom has to care for his sick mother.
(c) Tom lives in another city.
(d) Tom is married to someone else.
3. Who does Louisa believe she will choose to marry?
(b) Mr. Stone.
(c) No one.
4. How many men is Louisa involved with?
5. What is Louisa doing as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the novel that "Blood-Burning Moon" appears?
2. Louisa is described as having what kind of skin color in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Louisa's employers' son?
4. Where does Louisa work?
5. What is the point of view of "Blood-Burning Moon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the title of "Blood-Burning Moon" symbolic?
2. What is the tone of "Blood-Burning Moon" as Chapter 1 opens and why is it significant?
3. Why does the mob lynch Tom?
4. What literary genres does Toomer employ in "Cane" and why is it significant?
5. How is Jean Toomer's racial background significant?
6. What happens when Bob arrives at Louisa's house and discovers Tom? How is it significant?
7. How does Bob incite a mob to go after Tom?
8. Why does Bob look back on slavery with nostalgia?
9. What does Tom overhear at the campfire that upsets him?
10. Who does Louisa want to commit to and why?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)