|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louisa's mood like at the end of "Blood-Burning Moon"?
2. What does Tom do when the joking men laugh at him?
(a) He pulls a knife.
(b) He cries.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He applauds.
3. What kind of relationship does Bob want to have with Louisa that he currently does not?
(a) A sexual relationship.
(b) An open relationship.
(c) An honest relationship.
(d) A better relationship.
4. What do the white people do after seeing Bob with his throat cut?
(a) Form a mob and shoot Tom.
(b) Form a mob and protest in the street.
(c) Form a mob and lynch Tom.
(d) Form a mob and burn the town.
5. Tom listens to an old black man tell stories of white folks, cotton picking, and what?
(a) Church revivals.
(d) Civil War.
6. Where are Louisa's neighbors at the end of the story?
(a) Protesting in the street.
(b) Nowhere to be found.
(c) Working in the field.
(d) Comforting Louisa.
7. Who is at Louisa's house when Bob rushes there in a fury?
(b) No one.
(c) Mrs. Stone.
(d) Mr. Stone.
8. What two symbols are dominant in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
(a) Water and air.
(b) Fire and water.
(c) Blood and air.
(d) Blood and fire.
9. According to Bob, why is his dream of a different relationship with Louisa NOT possible?
(a) Because of his friends and colleagues down south.
(b) Because of Louisa's engagement to Tom.
(c) Because of his parents and friends up north.
(d) Because of Louisa's desire to leave town.
10. According to Bob, what could he have done in the time of masters and slaves?
(a) Freed Louisa in order to marry.
(b) Done what he liked with a black woman.
(c) Fought for the emancipation of slaves.
(d) Been a master of Louisa and her family.
11. What has Tom spent time in jail for?
12. How many chapters are in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
13. Where does Tom find Louisa when he stalks off to the factory town?
(a) Cooking in the kitchen.
(b) Sitting on her porch.
(c) Eating in a diner.
(d) Lying in the cane field.
14. What are the two workers joking about that Tom overhears?
(a) Mr. Stone's relationship with his wife.
(b) Mrs. Stone's relationship with Tom.
(c) Bob's relationship with his mom.
(d) Louisa's relationship with Bob.
15. How does Louisa respond to Tom's question about her and Bob?
(a) She exclaims that the stories are all lies.
(b) She pretends that she doesn't know what he means.
(c) She begins to cry and asks forgiveness.
(d) She tells him the truth about Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louisa's neighbors used to listen to?
2. What does Bob hear the men talking about at the campfire?
3. Why does Tom cut Bob's throat?
4. According to Tom, why can he give Louisa what the white folks can?
5. Where is Louisa at the end of the story?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)