|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two workers joking about that Tom overhears?
(a) Louisa's relationship with Bob.
(b) Bob's relationship with his mom.
(c) Mr. Stone's relationship with his wife.
(d) Mrs. Stone's relationship with Tom.
2. What does Bob hear the men talking about at the campfire?
(a) What Mr. Stone will do to Louisa when he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
(b) What Bob will do to Tom if he finds out about Tom and Louisa.
(c) What Tom will do to Bob if he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
(d) What Mr. Stone will do to Bob when he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
3. Where does Tom find Louisa when he stalks off to the factory town?
(a) Cooking in the kitchen.
(b) Lying in the cane field.
(c) Sitting on her porch.
(d) Eating in a diner.
4. Why does Bob not believe the gossip about Louisa and Tom?
(a) Because he doesn't believe Louisa would choose a black man instead of him.
(b) Because he doesn't believe Tom would choose Louisa instead of someone else.
(c) Because he doesn't believe any gossip could be true.
(d) Because he doesn't believe Louisa would jeopardize her job.
5. Why does Tom cut Bob's throat?
(a) Because he spread rumors.
(b) Because he stole money.
(c) Because he is white.
(d) Because he started a fight.
6. Where is Bob as Louisa and Tom talk about their relationship?
(a) On his way to Tom's house.
(b) On his way to see his parents.
(c) On his way to meet Louisa.
(d) On his way to work.
7. What has Tom spent time in jail for?
8. How many chapters are in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
9. Where is Louisa at the end of the story?
(a) At work.
(b) Caring for Bob.
(c) In the field with Tom.
(d) Sitting on her porch.
10. What does Tom do when the joking men laugh at him?
(a) He pulls a knife.
(b) He cries.
(c) He applauds.
(d) He runs away.
11. According to Tom, why can he give Louisa what the white folks can?
(a) Because he is an honest, just man.
(b) Because he is a good, hard-working man.
(c) Because he is a hard-working, rich man.
(d) Because he is a good, honest man.
12. Where does Bob stumble after getting his throat cut?
13. What two symbols are dominant in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
(a) Blood and air.
(b) Water and air.
(c) Fire and water.
(d) Blood and fire.
14. What do the white people do after seeing Bob with his throat cut?
(a) Form a mob and burn the town.
(b) Form a mob and protest in the street.
(c) Form a mob and shoot Tom.
(d) Form a mob and lynch Tom.
15. What did Louisa's neighbors used to listen to?
(a) The radio.
(b) Louisa sing.
(c) The crickets.
(d) Tom play the fiddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom react to the joking workers?
2. How does Louisa respond to Tom's question about her and Bob?
3. After getting his throat cut, what does Bob tell the white people he meets?
4. Who is at Louisa's house when Bob rushes there in a fury?
5. What kind of relationship does Bob want to have with Louisa that he currently does not?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)