|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Louisa at the end of the story?
(a) Sitting on her porch.
(b) At work.
(c) In the field with Tom.
(d) Caring for Bob.
2. What does Tom do when the joking men laugh at him?
(a) He cries.
(b) He applauds.
(c) He pulls a knife.
(d) He runs away.
3. After getting his throat cut, what does Bob tell the white people he meets?
(a) That Tom is responsible.
(b) That he loves Louisa.
(c) That he killed Louisa.
(d) That Louisa left him.
4. What do the white people do after seeing Bob with his throat cut?
(a) Form a mob and burn the town.
(b) Form a mob and protest in the street.
(c) Form a mob and shoot Tom.
(d) Form a mob and lynch Tom.
5. What two symbols are dominant in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
(a) Blood and fire.
(b) Fire and water.
(c) Blood and air.
(d) Water and air.
6. Where does Bob stumble after getting his throat cut?
7. What is Louisa's mood like at the end of "Blood-Burning Moon"?
8. How many chapters are in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
9. Who is at Louisa's house when Bob rushes there in a fury?
(a) No one.
(b) Mrs. Stone.
(c) Mr. Stone.
10. According to Tom, why can he give Louisa what the white folks can?
(a) Because he is an honest, just man.
(b) Because he is a good, hard-working man.
(c) Because he is a good, honest man.
(d) Because he is a hard-working, rich man.
11. How does Louisa respond to Tom's question about her and Bob?
(a) She exclaims that the stories are all lies.
(b) She pretends that she doesn't know what he means.
(c) She tells him the truth about Bob.
(d) She begins to cry and asks forgiveness.
12. Where is Tom as Chapter 2 opens?
(a) Sleeping at home.
(b) Working in the field.
(c) Eating downtown.
(d) Sitting around a campfire.
13. According to Bob, what could he have done in the time of masters and slaves?
(a) Fought for the emancipation of slaves.
(b) Freed Louisa in order to marry.
(c) Done what he liked with a black woman.
(d) Been a master of Louisa and her family.
14. What does Bob hear the men talking about at the campfire?
(a) What Mr. Stone will do to Louisa when he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
(b) What Tom will do to Bob if he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
(c) What Bob will do to Tom if he finds out about Tom and Louisa.
(d) What Mr. Stone will do to Bob when he finds out about Bob and Louisa.
15. How does Tom react to the joking workers?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With jealousy.
(c) With indifference.
(d) With mirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Bob want to have with Louisa that he currently does not?
2. Where does Tom find Louisa when he stalks off to the factory town?
3. Why does Tom cut Bob's throat?
4. Tom listens to an old black man tell stories of white folks, cotton picking, and what?
5. Where is Bob as Louisa and Tom talk about their relationship?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)