|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louisa is described as having what kind of skin color in Chapter 1?
2. What is Louisa doing as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1?
3. How could the tone of Chapter 1 be described?
4. What is the last name of Louisa's employer?
5. How many men is Louisa involved with?
6. What is the name of Louisa's employers' son?
7. What is Tom Burwell's nickname?
(a) Little Tom.
(b) Little Burr.
(c) Big Burr.
(d) Big Tom.
8. According to Louisa, who will tie her more closely to her current life of poverty if she marries this person?
(b) No one.
(d) Mr. Stone.
9. Who does Louisa believe is about to propose to her in Chapter 1?
(a) No one.
(d) Mr. Stone.
10. What is the point of view of "Blood-Burning Moon"?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
11. According to Louisa, why does Bob spend more time with her than Tom?
(a) Tom has to care for his sick mother.
(b) Tom lives in another city.
(c) Tom spends his days away in the fields.
(d) Tom is married to someone else.
12. Where is Louisa returning to in Chapter 1?
13. What is the title of the novel that "Blood-Burning Moon" appears?
14. Where does Louisa work?
(a) At Mr. Smith's apartment.
(b) At Mrs. Seeley's factory.
(c) At Mr. and Mrs. Stone's home.
(d) At Mr. and Mrs. Sully's store.
15. Who is Louisa supposed to meet in an hour as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1?
(b) Mrs. Stone.
(c) Mr. Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary genre does Toomer NOT employ in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
2. Who does Louisa believe she will choose to marry?
3. What surrounds Louisa as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1
4. Who represents an opportunity to escape a life of poverty for Louisa?
5. Where is Louisa when Bob arrives at their meeting place in Chapter 1?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)