|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary genre does Toomer NOT employ in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
(b) Prose poems.
(c) Lyrical narratives.
2. What is Louisa doing as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1?
3. According to Louisa, who will tie her more closely to her current life of poverty if she marries this person?
(b) No one.
(d) Mr. Stone.
4. Where is Louisa returning to in Chapter 1?
5. Who does Louisa believe is about to propose to her in Chapter 1?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Stone.
6. Who represents an opportunity to escape a life of poverty for Louisa?
(b) Mr. Stone.
(d) No one.
7. What is the point of view of "Blood-Burning Moon"?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
8. How many men is Louisa involved with?
9. What is the last name of Louisa's employer?
10. What surrounds Louisa as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1
11. What is the title of the novel that "Blood-Burning Moon" appears?
12. What time of day does the story open?
13. Who is Louisa supposed to meet in an hour as she walks to her destination in Chapter 1?
(b) Mrs. Stone.
(c) Mr. Stone.
14. What is the name of Louisa's employers' son?
15. According to Louisa, why does Bob spend more time with her than Tom?
(a) Tom lives in another city.
(b) Tom has to care for his sick mother.
(c) Tom is married to someone else.
(d) Tom spends his days away in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Louisa believe she will choose to marry?
2. Where is Louisa when Bob arrives at their meeting place in Chapter 1?
3. How could the tone of Chapter 1 be described?
4. Where does Louisa work?
5. Louisa is described as having what kind of skin color in Chapter 1?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)