|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents an opportunity to escape a life of poverty for Louisa?
(a) No one.
(d) Mr. Stone.
2. What is the last name of Louisa's employer?
3. Why does Bob not believe the gossip about Louisa and Tom?
(a) Because he doesn't believe any gossip could be true.
(b) Because he doesn't believe Louisa would jeopardize her job.
(c) Because he doesn't believe Louisa would choose a black man instead of him.
(d) Because he doesn't believe Tom would choose Louisa instead of someone else.
4. Where are Louisa's neighbors at the end of the story?
(a) Comforting Louisa.
(b) Protesting in the street.
(c) Working in the field.
(d) Nowhere to be found.
5. According to Bob, why is his dream of a different relationship with Louisa NOT possible?
(a) Because of his parents and friends up north.
(b) Because of Louisa's desire to leave town.
(c) Because of his friends and colleagues down south.
(d) Because of Louisa's engagement to Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Louisa at the end of the story?
2. What is the point of view of "Blood-Burning Moon"?
3. Tom listens to an old black man tell stories of white folks, cotton picking, and what?
4. What does Bob hear the men talking about at the campfire?
5. According to Bob, what could he have done in the time of masters and slaves?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)