|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bob, why is his dream of a different relationship with Louisa NOT possible?
(a) Because of Louisa's desire to leave town.
(b) Because of his friends and colleagues down south.
(c) Because of Louisa's engagement to Tom.
(d) Because of his parents and friends up north.
2. Who represents an opportunity to escape a life of poverty for Louisa?
(b) No one.
(c) Mr. Stone.
3. What two symbols are dominant in "Blood-Burning Moon"?
(a) Blood and fire.
(b) Blood and air.
(c) Fire and water.
(d) Water and air.
4. How does Louisa respond to Tom's question about her and Bob?
(a) She exclaims that the stories are all lies.
(b) She tells him the truth about Bob.
(c) She pretends that she doesn't know what he means.
(d) She begins to cry and asks forgiveness.
5. Who is at Louisa's house when Bob rushes there in a fury?
(a) Mr. Stone.
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Bob want to have with Louisa that he currently does not?
2. Who does Louisa believe she will choose to marry?
3. Why does Bob not believe the gossip about Louisa and Tom?
4. Where is Louisa at the end of the story?
5. What does Tom do when the joking men laugh at him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)