|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raoul describe the psychologists that Social Services has been sending him?
2. What is the real name of the leader of the Touch?
3. What motel does Richard Moody stay in following the custody hearing?
4. What is Nona's given name?
5. How old is Alex?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alex finally get Ricky Moody to talk to him at Mal's office?
2. Why does Jan Rambo nickname Nona Daisy Mae?
3. What does Alex tell Milo is done to help children cope with being in the Laminar Airflow rooms?
4. Why did Robin feel that putting in a koi pond might be beneficial to Alex?
5. Why does Bev initially keep the information about the affair between Nona and Augie a secret?
6. Why does Milo answer "Maybe. Maybe not" to Alex's inquiry as to whether or not the scene at the Sea Breeze Motel looks bad?
7. Why does Moody approach Alex in the parking lot of the court house after his hearing?
8. Why does Alex describe Raoul's world as "madness"?
9. Why is Alex a bit reluctant to call Milo with the information he learns about Augie from Bev?
10. How does Augie react to Milo's questioning him about the Touch and Nona Swopes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between Raoul and Alex change as the novel progresses? What causes the change? How does Alex feel about Raoul at the end of the novel? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How is Nona's life impacted by her father's incestuous experiments? What affect does it have on her psyche? How does she act because of it?
Essay Topic 3
What are the three main settings of the novel? How do they differ from one another? How do each of them make Alex feel?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)