|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the bodies of Mr. and Mrs. Swopes found?
2. What is the nickname of the man who built Alex's pond?
3. What does Robin tell Alex she bought him during their phone conversation in Chapter 13?
4. What color is Doug's hair?
5. What does Alex find most striking about Nona?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Milo answer "Maybe. Maybe not" to Alex's inquiry as to whether or not the scene at the Sea Breeze Motel looks bad?
2. Why does Milo tell the receptionist that he does not need a warrant to see Jan Rambo?
3. Why did Robin feel that putting in a koi pond might be beneficial to Alex?
4. How does Nona react to Raoul's inquiry about Woody's health in Chapter Three?
5. Why does Raoul say the parents who were Jehovah's Witnesses, were happy when Raoul took them to court to force them to allow blood transfusions for their daughter?
6. What does Alex tell Milo is done to help children cope with being in the Laminar Airflow rooms?
7. Why don't Mal and Alex call the police after receiving rats from Moody?
8. What defense of the nurses does Valcroix offer when Raoul blames them for Woody's disappearance?
9. Why does Jan Rambo nickname Nona Daisy Mae?
10. How does Beverly describe Woody?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the scene at the climax of the novel? What makes it the climax? What leads up to this climax? What story lines are wrapped up?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Nona choose to exert her parental rights over Woody at the time of his illness? What does this reveal about her? What is her relationship with Woody like at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is Kellerman uniquely qualified to write a crime novel such as this? What is his background? How is he similar to Alex?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)