|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nona offer Alex if he'll just leave her alone?
(c) Information about theTouch.
2. What does Raoul say oncologists face every day?
(c) Hospital boards.
(d) Sad families.
3. What does Doug carry into the trailer where Nona is staying?
(b) Boxes of blankets.
(c) Grocery bags.
4. What illness does Alex come down with?
5. Who does Houten tell Alex died of cancer ten years ago?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Houten say Raoul looks like he fell into when Alex goes to retrieve him from jail?
2. How long is Alex's drive to La Vista?
3. What sits atop the belfry of the church in the Retreat?
4. By what artist does Alex say the face of the waitress at the restaurant where he and Ezra meet looks as though it were painted by?
5. What method did Houten's daughter use to commit suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Milo think Alex is still in danger even though Richard Moody is dead?
2. Who does Nona say took Woody from the hospital and why?
3. What is Alex's initial impression of the Touch's Retreat?
4. What do Mr. Swopes' ledgers indicate his wife's role was in his incestuous relationship with Nona?
5. Why does Alex believe the diagnosis of cancer in their child must have been especially hard on the Swopes?
6. What is strange about the bookshelf in Matthias' room?
7. What does the name of the sect "The Touch" refer to?
8. How does Alex manage to sneak up on Baron as he guards the gate to the Retreat?
9. Why does Doug feel he, Nona, and Woody are a family?
10. Why is Alex particularly concerned about Ricky Moody following the death of Richard Moody?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)