|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex say Swopes' greenhouse looks like in comparison to Ezra's?
2. How does Alex describe Matthias' literary preference?
(b) Leaning toward mysteries.
(c) Strictly intellectual.
(d) Of a spiritual nature.
3. Who tells Raoul about the deaths of Mr. and Mrs. Swopes?
(d) The police.
4. Where does Alex find Richard Moody's body?
(a) On the lawn.
(b) In the Japanese garden.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) In the garage.
5. How old was Marla when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nona threaten Alex with in the trailer?
2. What does Alex find in a hidden compartment along with some drugs in Matthias' room?
3. How long is Alex's drive to La Vista?
4. When Raoul goes to see the Touch, what does he hit with his car?
5. What is Woody doing when Alex arrives at the trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alex's initial impression of the Touch's Retreat?
2. Why does Alex set aside the magazine he's reading while he waits for Ezra to speak with Raoul?
3. Why doesn't Nona want to return Woody to the hospital?
4. How does Alex gain access to the trailer where Nona and Woody are staying?
5. Why does Milo think Alex is still in danger even though Richard Moody is dead?
6. What is significant about the route Ezra and Alex take to Ezra's home?
7. What does the name of the sect "The Touch" refer to?
8. Why did Alex buy Delano Hardy a guitar?
9. Why does Raoul initially refuse to leave La Vista?
10. Why does Alex believe the diagnosis of cancer in their child must have been especially hard on the Swopes?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)