|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Houten tell Doug about so he could find another hiding place?
(a) Milo's questioning of Augie.
(b) Alex's sneaking into the Retreat.
(c) Richard Moody's death.
(d) That Alex had asked about the back road.
2. What does Nona threaten Alex with in the trailer?
(a) A knife.
(b) A heavy lamp.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baseball bat.
3. How does Alex describe Doug's eyes when he bursts into the trailer?
(b) Black holes.
4. By what artist does Alex say the face of the waitress at the restaurant where he and Ezra meet looks as though it were painted by?
5. What does Ezra say is the mainstay of his horticultural business?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug suggest Nona give Woody to eat?
2. What time does Alex leave the Retreat in Chapter 23?
3. What does Houten say he is getting for Raoul at the end of Chapter 15?
4. When Raoul goes to see the Touch, what does he hit with his car?
5. What is in the red porcelain bowls on the table that Alex sees through the window at the Retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the optimism in Garland Swope's ledgers end in Volume X?
2. What is strange about the bookshelf in Matthias' room?
3. Why does Milo think Alex is still in danger even though Richard Moody is dead?
4. Why does Alex set aside the magazine he's reading while he waits for Ezra to speak with Raoul?
5. What does the name of the sect "The Touch" refer to?
6. What do Mr. Swopes' ledgers indicate his wife's role was in his incestuous relationship with Nona?
7. What reason does Ezra give Alex for leaving very quickly the first time he met Mr. Swopes?
8. Why is Alex particularly concerned about Ricky Moody following the death of Richard Moody?
9. Who does Nona say took Woody from the hospital and why?
10. Why does Alex believe the diagnosis of cancer in their child must have been especially hard on the Swopes?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)