|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the door to Augie's dorm?
2. Who does Houten tell Alex died of cancer ten years ago?
(a) His mother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
3. What is Nona giving Woody for his fever?
(b) Ice water.
(c) Vitamin C.
4. What does Alex say Swopes' greenhouse looks like in comparison to Ezra's?
5. What does Alex find beneath underwear in a drawer in Delilah's room?
(a) Old reviews and press clippings.
(b) Pictures of Woody.
(c) A diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raoul say oncologists face every day?
2. Who does Raoul barge in on to demand the arrest of the Touch for the deaths of Mr. and Mrs. Swope?
3. Who calls Alex to tell him Raoul is in jail?
4. What does the ambiance of the Bel-Air Hotel remind Alex of?
5. How long ago did the monks leave the monastery that is now the Retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex decide that Sheriff Houten isn't the right person for him to go to in order to get straight answers about the Swopes?
2. Why does Alex set aside the magazine he's reading while he waits for Ezra to speak with Raoul?
3. What prompts Raoul to go to La Vista, which lands him in jail?
4. What do Mr. Swopes' ledgers indicate his wife's role was in his incestuous relationship with Nona?
5. Why doesn't Nona want to return Woody to the hospital?
6. Why does Milo think Alex is still in danger even though Richard Moody is dead?
7. Why does Raoul initially refuse to leave La Vista?
8. What reason does Raoul give Alex for choosing oncology as his specialty?
9. What does the name of the sect "The Touch" refer to?
10. Why is Alex certain that Matthias lied about buying seeds from Mr. Swopes?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)