|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Delano Hardy?
(a) An employee of the messenger service.
(b) Milo's partner.
(c) Alex's cousin.
(d) A member of the Touch.
2. What sits atop the belfry of the church in the Retreat?
(a) A statue of Matthias.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A weathervane.
3. How does Alex describe Matthias' literary preference?
(a) Of a spiritual nature.
(b) Leaning toward mysteries.
(c) Strictly intellectual.
4. What does Alex tie the guard up with?
(a) A jump rope.
(b) Clothes line.
(d) The guard's clothing.
5. What does Houten compare La Vista to before letting Alex into the cell to see Raoul?
(a) Old Italy.
(b) A church.
(c) A television screen.
(d) An old west town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex stand on to peer through the window at the Retreat?
2. Who tore up the room in the Sea Breeze Motel?
3. How long ago did the monks leave the monastery that is now the Retreat?
4. Where does Alex find Richard Moody's body?
5. What does Doug carry into the trailer where Nona is staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alex say he "craved the balm of denial" as he is leaving the Touch's Retreat?
2. Why did Alex buy Delano Hardy a guitar?
3. Who does Nona say took Woody from the hospital and why?
4. What does the name of the sect "The Touch" refer to?
5. What prompts Raoul to go to La Vista, which lands him in jail?
6. What condition is Raoul in when Alex goes to pick him up in La Vista, and why is he like that?
7. When Milo tells Alex that he will pursue the Swopes case after he's done with the rapist's case, why do his words chill Alex?
8. How does Alex manage to sneak up on Baron as he guards the gate to the Retreat?
9. What is significant about the route Ezra and Alex take to Ezra's home?
10. Why is Alex particularly concerned about Ricky Moody following the death of Richard Moody?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)