|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Beverly Lucas holding across her chest "like a shield" as Raoul yells at her?
(a) A patient's chart.
(b) Her jacket.
(c) Her purse.
(d) A file folder.
2. During dinner, what does Milo tell Alex he's cutting down on at Rick's request?
(a) Red meat.
3. What is Milo's partner Rick's profession?
4. Who calls as Alex is about to leave to see a matinee documentary about William Burroughs?
(d) Mrs. Moody.
5. What slight accent does Valcroix have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the bodies of Mr. and Mrs. Swopes found?
2. Who finds the Swopes' bodies?
3. What nationality is the receptionist at Adam and Eve Messenger Service?
4. What pattern is on the wall paper in the hospital ward where Alex meets Woody?
5. What drug does Beverly say Augie is heavily into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jan Rambo nickname Nona Daisy Mae?
2. What does Alex tell Milo is done to help children cope with being in the Laminar Airflow rooms?
3. How does Nona react to Raoul's inquiry about Woody's health in Chapter Three?
4. Why does Alex decide to return Moody's phone call?
5. Why does Raoul say the parents who were Jehovah's Witnesses, were happy when Raoul took them to court to force them to allow blood transfusions for their daughter?
6. How does Beverly describe Woody?
7. Why is Alex a bit reluctant to call Milo with the information he learns about Augie from Bev?
8. Why does Doug Carmichael keep his job with Adam and Eve Messenger Service a secret?
9. What is Raoul's office like?
10. What leads Beverly to immediately conclude that Milo is a cop even though she has not met him and he's not in uniform?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)