|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Raoul about the deaths of Mr. and Mrs. Swopes?
(d) The police.
2. How old does Ezra appear to be?
(a) Late forties.
(b) About 35.
(c) Late fifties.
(d) Early sixties.
3. By what artist does Alex say the face of the waitress at the restaurant where he and Ezra meet looks as though it were painted by?
4. What scientific name did Mr. Swopes use to refer to Nona in his journals?
(a) n. cheroyam.
(b) a.s. beautificus.
(c) a. zingiber.
(d) s. annonette.
5. What does Alex drink while the police are investigating the crime scene at his home?
(a) 7 Up.
6. How many gas cans are found in Richard Moody's truck?
7. What illness does Alex come down with?
8. What sits atop the belfry of the church in the Retreat?
(a) A statue of Matthias.
(b) A weathervane.
(c) A crucifix.
9. When Raoul goes to see the Touch, what does he hit with his car?
(a) A dog.
(b) The gates.
(c) A deer.
(d) A tree.
10. What does Alex carry up his sleeve as he sneaks into the Retreat?
(d) Bolt cutters.
11. What is the name of the restaurant where Alex and Ezra meet to talk?
12. A banner for what sports team hangs over Woody's bed in the Swopes' house?
13. What kind of car drove away from the crime scene at Alex's home as evidenced by the tire tracks?
(b) Hot rod.
14. What prominent facial features does Noble have?
(a) A large mole.
(b) A long beard.
(c) A huge nose.
(d) Crossed eyes.
15. How long ago did the monks leave the monastery that is now the Retreat?
(a) 15 years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Three years.
(d) 100 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in La Vista?
2. What is the name of Richard Moody's lawyer?
3. What kind of dog does Ezra have?
4. What does Ezra say is the mainstay of his horticultural business?
5. What does Doug carry into the trailer where Nona is staying?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)