|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nona when her father first committed incest with her?
2. Where does Alex find Richard Moody's body?
(a) On the lawn.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the Japanese garden.
3. Who tore up the room in the Sea Breeze Motel?
(d) Mr. Swope.
4. Who tells Raoul about the deaths of Mr. and Mrs. Swopes?
(d) The police.
5. Who is named after the cherimoya fruit?
(a) Ezra Maimon.
(b) Woody Swopes.
(c) Nona Swopes.
(d) Ezra's daughter.
6. What does Raoul agree to in order for him to leave La Vista?
(a) A written apology from Matthias.
(c) Waiving his fines.
(d) Alex searching the Touch's Retreat.
7. What kind of business does Ezra own?
(a) Rare fruit nursery.
(b) Antique store.
(d) Grocery store.
8. What does Doug suggest Nona give Woody to eat?
9. What does the sign on the gates to the Retreat say?
(a) The Retreat.
(b) Enter and Be Refreshed.
(c) There is no sign.
(d) The Touch.
10. What does the ambiance of the Bel-Air Hotel remind Alex of?
(a) His parents' house.
(b) New York City.
(c) A Tuscan villa.
(d) Old mythical Hollywood.
11. Who does Alex think Garland Swopes resembled as a young man?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Bob Hope.
(d) Elvis Presley.
12. What is Nona giving Woody for his fever?
(a) Vitamin C.
(c) Ice water.
13. What does Houten say he is getting for Raoul at the end of Chapter 15?
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) His belongings.
14. What is Woody doing when Alex arrives at the trailer?
(b) Watching TV.
(d) Playing with a truck.
15. Who calls Alex to tell him Raoul is in jail?
(a) Helen Holroyd.
(b) Milo Sturgis.
(c) Augie Valcroix.
(d) Beverly Lucas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raoul barge in on to demand the arrest of the Touch for the deaths of Mr. and Mrs. Swope?
2. What did Houten tell Doug about so he could find another hiding place?
3. How old was Marla when she died?
4. What prominent facial features does Noble have?
5. What does Alex tie the guard up with?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)