|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry say the creatures following him can do?
2. What does Lara say about Harry and Thomas?
3. What have Murphy and Harry found as a motive for murder with Genosa?
4. Why is Harry afraid and angry about Thomas?
5. What does Harry see walking around the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harry and Thomas get to Genosa's building?
2. What does Harry see behind the stage and what happens when Harry chases it?
3. What does Harry find in the dressing room and what does he do immediately?
4. What does Genosa tell Harry about Giselle, what does Genosa ask Harry and what is Harry's response?
5. What does Harry tell Murphy he has learned about Thomas and what do he, Murphy and Kincaid discuss?
6. What does Thomas want when Harry wakes and what does Harry tell Thomas?
7. How does Harry feel when Thomas tells him they are brothers, what does Harry demand and what does Harry first see in the mirror?
8. What reason does Thomas give Harry for Inari's injury from Harry?
9. What does Harry find when he returns to his apartment from Raith manor and what does Bob tell him? What is Harry's response?
10. How is Thomas going to heal and what does Justine say to Harry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry's mother tells him that she has prepared them both for this day and that they should watch out for each other. Harry's mother gives him a gift, explaining that it is insight. Harry accepts it. When he is out of the soul gaze Harry tells Thomas that their mother said that she loved them both. Harry has spent so much of his life alone that he is not sure how to react now that he has family. Part of him is still leery of letting Thomas too close, but the words spoken to him by his own mother have gone a long way to solidify the beginnings of a relationship for the two of them.
1. Discuss what you think Harry might be feeling and thinking when he finds out he has a brother. Use examples from your own life and Blood Rites to support your answer.
2. Do you think Harry is better off emotionally knowing what happened to his mother? Why or why not? Use examples from your own life and Blood Rites to support your answer.
3. Discuss, in depth, how you think Harry's life is going to change now that Thomas and the puppy is now living with him. Use examples from your own life and Blood Rites to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Blood Rites belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel?
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an important part of what makes Blood Rites interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Harry. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Murphy. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Thomas. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)