|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is talking to Lunetta and explains that through his actions the Creator has shown himself to be a baneling because it was the Creator that created the gift?
2. Who is entering the Wizard's Keep along with Richard?
3. Who tells Verna that Warren had been hurt over the way Verna treated him?
4. Who decides to use the sliph to travel?
5. Who reminds Annalina that the prophecy says she has to bring the wizard anger, and that she is doing a very good job of it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard have to leave the Sword of Truth behind when he goes into the sliph?
2. Why do Zedd and Gratch land on the Keep?
3. Why is it hard to get into the Wizard's Keep?
4. Why does Richard only take Bernadine with him into the Wizard's Keep?
5. How does Merissa plant the seed of doubt about Richard in Kahlan's mind?
6. Why is Nathan initially angry with Verna?
7. What happens when Annalina buys a honey cake?
8. Why does Richard help the Sisters of the Dark against Jagang?
9. How does Jagang force the Sisters of the Dark to satisfy the desires of his men?
10. Why do Tobias and Lunetta fight after Kahlan and Addie throw the dress into the fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodkind constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Blood of the Fold? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Richard and Verna are two of the most active and influential characters, whose choices affect all the other characters in the novel.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them, and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Richard had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Verna had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)