|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard want to travel through the Wizard's Keep with only one person?
2. Who decides to use the sliph to travel?
3. What is Richard not allowed to take because it can kill the sliph?
4. Who is entering the Wizard's Keep along with Richard?
5. Who does Annalina tell Verna to get out of the Palace for telling a prophecy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kahlan angry with Richard after she reads his letter?
2. Why does Richard help the Sisters of the Dark against Jagang?
3. Why does Richard only take Bernadine with him into the Wizard's Keep?
4. How does Jagang force the Sisters of the Dark to satisfy the desires of his men?
5. How is Jagang able to control the Sisters of the Dark when they release their magic?
6. Why does Verna put a collar on Zedd?
7. Why do Tobias and Lunetta fight after Kahlan and Addie throw the dress into the fire?
8. What/whom does Richard find in the Wizard's Keep?
9. How does the housekeeper help Verna escape from her cell?
10. What does Tobias confess to his sister about the Creator in Chapter 36?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Blood of the Fold? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Goodkind uses more than one instance of irony in the novel. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
There are many references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and understand the concept of the afterlife? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)