|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wagon has an accident where they lose a man?
2. Why does Richard want to travel through the Wizard's Keep with only one person?
3. What offers dangerous impediments to progress along the Wizard's Keep?
4. Who is Kahlan's companion that defends her people apart from Zedd?
5. What is the beast that Kahlan calls that comes and hugs her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zedd travel to Aydindril?
2. What happens when Annalina buys a honey cake?
3. Why does Jagang want the Palace of Prophets?
4. Why do Zedd and Gratch land on the Keep?
5. Why is it hard to get into the Wizard's Keep?
6. Why does Richard have to leave the Sword of Truth behind when he goes into the sliph?
7. Why does Ulicia feel that the world has ended when she reaches the palace after leaving the ship?
8. How does Jagang force the Sisters of the Dark to satisfy the desires of his men?
9. What/whom does Richard find in the Wizard's Keep?
10. How does the housekeeper help Verna escape from her cell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader learns that Richard is destined to fix the devastation that has befallen the lands in the Blood of the Fold and help the people that belong there. It would appear that Richard has little choice in his life it is completely guided by destiny or fate.
1. Do you think Richardʼs life is controlled by destiny? Do you think everyoneʼs life is controlled by destiny? Why or why not?
2. Discuss whether destiny and free will can both exist in a world. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
3. If fate or destiny was stronger than individual choice discuss why would anyone work towards a goal. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Magic and the supernatural play a significant role in the Blood of the Fold. Who has magical powers? What objects are associated with magic? How is magic wielded? Is magic a force for good? Why or why not? When is magic essential to the forward progression of events and when does magic curtail events? How does magic contribute to an atmosphere of fantasy in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The Keeper appears as a Satan-like figure that reigns over hell. Discuss the use of the Keeper in the book. Does Goodkind's portrayal of the Keepermatch your own concept or the concept taught through religion and myth? What kind of powers does the Keeper have? What is your concept of hell in a religious or mythical context?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)