|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tobias let his sister live?
2. Who is the dark master that the women in the boat serve?
3. Who do Tobias, Lunetta and Galtero take hostage?
4. What is Simona accused of being because of her dreams and screams?
5. Who did Richard kill that made him the next Lord Rahl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Warren think Annalisa made Verna the next prelate?
2. Why does Tobias let his sister live?
3. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
4. How does Verna learn that someone was snooping in her office?
5. Where were the six former Sisters of the Light forced to flee the Palace?
6. Why does Richard insist that the Mord-Sith stay with him and not let him be alone with the Duchess?
7. Why does Tobias kill the duke?
8. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
9. How does Lunetta gain control of the duchess?
10. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodkind uses more than one instance of irony in the novel. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Goodkind uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples, making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Blood of the Fold? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)