|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Verna angry with because she fears that she is being used by Annalina and could be the false prelate?
2. Who does Richard make swear that they will protect Kahlan the same as they would him?
3. Who is the evil man that contacted the women in the boat, gave them orders, and warned them of punishment if they failed to obey?
4. Who does Tobias find skinned alive where the prisoners were supposed to be held in his camp?
5. Who comes to see Richard that he is surprised to have a strong attraction for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Richard confused about his interactions with the Duchess?
2. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
3. Why does Ulicia feel that the world has ended when she reaches the palace after leaving the ship?
4. What/whom does Richard find in the Wizard's Keep?
5. What does Richard say must be done for freedom at the Confessor's Palace?
6. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
7. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
8. What are Jebra's visions about Zedd and Kahlan?
9. Why do the Sisters of the Dark want Richard to die?
10. Why are the mriswith willing to help Richard at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 1
Goodkind uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book, then cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Goodkind constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 3
Goodkind uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples, making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,686 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)