|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Verna angry with because she fears that she is being used by Annalina and could be the false prelate?
2. Who does Richard meet with that he presents with papers to surrender her people under Richard's control?
3. What group do the four figures belong to that approach Richard and swear loyalty to him?
4. Who is the strongest of the women in the boat and becomes their leader?
5. How many graves did the undertakers dig that Verna meets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
2. What does Simona confess to Verna about her dreams?
3. What is the significance of the journey book that Verna finds?
4. How is Galtero's evil ways revealed in Chapter 19?
5. How does Verna learn that someone was snooping in her office?
6. How does Lunetta gain control of the duchess?
7. Why does Tobias slap the face of the dead hunter?
8. What does the Mord Sith that dies at the hand of a mriswith confess to Richard?
9. Why do the Sisters of the Dark want Richard to die?
10. Why does Tobias let his sister live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blood of the Fold is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Goodkind uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe of that of the Keeper. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Essay Topic 3
Magic and the supernatural play a significant role in the Blood of the Fold. Who has magical powers? What objects are associated with magic? How is magic wielded? Is magic a force for good? Why or why not? When is magic essential to the forward progression of events and when does magic curtail events? How does magic contribute to an atmosphere of fantasy in the novel?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)