|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Simona's dreams, what musical instrument does she hear?
2. What does Verna realize when she returns to her office after visiting the undertaker?
3. When Richard is attracted to the visitor to his room, what does he seem to be under the influence of?
4. Who does Tobias dream of?
5. What does Richard give as a symbol of his new bond to the person who interviewed people about the Mother Confessor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tobias kill the duke?
2. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
3. What horror awaits Tobias when he enters the area where the old woman and her granddaughter were imprisoned?
4. What does Simona confess to Verna about her dreams?
5. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
6. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
7. How is Galtero's evil ways revealed in Chapter 19?
8. Why is Richard forced to fight to protect the lands?
9. Why do the Sisters of the Dark want Richard to die?
10. What is the significance of the journey book that Verna finds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Blood of the Fold? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Goodkind uses more than one instance of irony in the novel. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
There are many references to the dead or undead throughout the book. Why do you think that is the case? Do you think it has to do with the nature of the characters, the story, or as a vehicle to introduce and understand the concept of the afterlife? Do you think the use of the undead is effective? How do living characters interact with those that have died?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)