|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verna give the person/people she sees in the vault?
2. Who is the strongest of the women in the boat and becomes their leader?
3. When the women run out on the deck of the boat, why do the men on the boat leer at them?
4. Who is doing paper work as the prelate when Warren visits her to go see Sister Simona?
5. Who does Tobias think is the dream walker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard only take Bernadine with him into the Wizard's Keep?
2. What are Jebra's visions about Zedd and Kahlan?
3. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
4. How is the housekeeper described in Chapter 21?
5. How does Tobias decided that the Creator is the dream walker?
6. Why does Richard help the Sisters of the Dark against Jagang?
7. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
8. Why is Richard confused about his interactions with the Duchess?
9. What does the Mord Sith that dies at the hand of a mriswith confess to Richard?
10. Why is it hard to get into the Wizard's Keep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodkind uses more than one instance of irony in the novel. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Compare "Blood of the Fold" with another of Goodkind's books in his fantasy series. Which is, in your opinion, better? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Love and sexuality between different characters is a recurring theme in Blood of the Fold. How do Richard's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for Richard? How do his feelings develop and change for Kahlan, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
This section contains 1,653 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)