|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the object belong to that sits on a pedestal surrounded by a powerful spell inside the Palace of Prophets?
2. What does Verna realize when she returns to her office after visiting the undertaker?
3. When the women run out on the deck of the boat, why do the men on the boat leer at them?
4. What kind of creature is Richard's pet?
5. What part of the dead person that was skinned alive does Tobias slap in anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard say must be done for freedom at the Confessor's Palace?
2. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
3. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
4. What horror awaits Tobias when he enters the area where the old woman and her granddaughter were imprisoned?
5. How does Lunetta gain control of the duchess?
6. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
7. How is the housekeeper described in Chapter 21?
8. Why is Richard forced to fight to protect the lands?
9. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
10. How is Galtero's evil ways revealed in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love and sexuality between different characters is a recurring theme in Blood of the Fold. How do Richard's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for Richard? How do his feelings develop and change for Kahlan, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
Essay Topic 2
Blood of the Fold is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Richard?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for Blood of the Fold. What is the overall setting? How do these areas change over time? How is the Palace of the Prophets different from the depiction of Aydindril? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent rituals or events. Why did Goodkind choose to use these places in Blood of the Fold?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)