Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to argue with Verna about her new rule about pregnancy, saying that men have uncontrollable urges?
2. Inside the sanctuary, what does Verna find with a note on it instructing Verna to guard it with her life?
3. Who is Verna angry with because she fears that she is being used by Annalina and could be the false prelate?
4. Who does Richard make swear that they will protect Kahlan the same as they would him?
5. What is necessary to use for a spell that Tobias wants, that involves something Richard has touched?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fear that Warren instills in Verna about her role?
2. Why does Verna weep after Warren disappears?
3. Why are the mriswith willing to help Richard at the end of the novel?
4. Why does Richard help the Sisters of the Dark against Jagang?
5. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
6. What does Tobias confess to his sister about the Creator in Chapter 36?
7. Why do the Sisters of the Dark want Richard to die?
8. Why do the Sisters argue with Verna about her new rule regarding wizards and women in town?
9. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
10. How does the housekeeper help Verna escape from her cell?
The reader learns that Richard is destined to fix the devastation that has befallen the lands in the Blood of the Fold and help the people that belong there. It would appear that Richard has little choice in his life it is completely guided by destiny or fate.
1. Do you think RichardÊ¼s life is controlled by destiny? Do you think everyoneÊ¼s life is controlled by destiny? Why or why not?
2. Discuss whether destiny and free will can both exist in a world. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
3. If fate or destiny was stronger than individual choice discuss why would anyone work towards a goal. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
Many characters end up in strange worlds or alternate realities, suggesting the existence of a parallel universe of that of the Keeper. What are your thoughts on a parallel universe? Do you think one can exist? Can there be more than one? If so, are certain intersections or events predestined or does free will rule over all? What do you think might be happening in your parallel universe right now?
Blood of the Fold is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Richard?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)