|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verna realize when she returns to her office after visiting the undertaker?
2. What is on a pedestal surrounded by a powerful spell inside the Palace of Prophets?
3. What must Richard secure first in order to prevent the enslavement of the people of the Midlands?
4. What group did the women in the boat become part of after they followed the dark master?
5. In order for there to be a false prelate, who must first die in the prophecy that the person/people Verna sees in the vault has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Richard forced to fight to protect the lands?
2. What is the significance of the journey book that Verna finds?
3. How does Tobias decided that the Creator is the dream walker?
4. How does Verna learn that someone was snooping in her office?
5. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
6. What is the fear that Warren instills in Verna about her role?
7. Where were the six former Sisters of the Light forced to flee the Palace?
8. What does Simona confess to Verna about her dreams?
9. Why does Richard insist that the Mord-Sith stay with him and not let him be alone with the Duchess?
10. What control does Jagang have over the Sisters of the Dark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard and Verna are two of the most active and influential characters, whose choices affect all the other characters in the novel.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them, and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Richard had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Verna had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 2
The reader learns that Richard is destined to fix the devastation that has befallen the lands in the Blood of the Fold and help the people that belong there. It would appear that Richard has little choice in his life it is completely guided by destiny or fate.
1. Do you think Richardʼs life is controlled by destiny? Do you think everyoneʼs life is controlled by destiny? Why or why not?
2. Discuss whether destiny and free will can both exist in a world. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
3. If fate or destiny was stronger than individual choice discuss why would anyone work towards a goal. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Magic and the supernatural play a significant role in the Blood of the Fold. Who has magical powers? What objects are associated with magic? How is magic wielded? Is magic a force for good? Why or why not? When is magic essential to the forward progression of events and when does magic curtail events? How does magic contribute to an atmosphere of fantasy in the novel?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)