|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Verna go with to meet with the undertakers?
2. What does Richard use to fight his attackers in the General's room?
3. What is on a pedestal surrounded by a powerful spell inside the Palace of Prophets?
4. Who is the only person that can take the object that sits on a pedestal surrounded by a powerful spell inside the Palace of Prophets?
5. Who does Tobias think is the dream walker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mord Sith that dies at the hand of a mriswith confess to Richard?
2. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
3. What is the significance of the journey book that Verna finds?
4. How does Verna learn that someone was snooping in her office?
5. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
6. What does Richard say must be done for freedom at the Confessor's Palace?
7. Why are none of the Sisters able to get close to the prelate ring?
8. How is Galtero's evil ways revealed in Chapter 19?
9. Where were the six former Sisters of the Light forced to flee the Palace?
10. How does Lunetta gain control of the duchess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blood of the Fold is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Goodkind uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Power plays a significant role in the book. Goodkind refers to the power games of the Sisters of the Dark versus the Sisters of the Light. Discuss the use of politics in the novel. How does politics influence the actions of the main characters of Richard, Zedd, Kahlan, Verna, Jagang, and others? Also, examine the use of politics in relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Blood of the Fold is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Richard?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)