|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What/whom does Simona have bad dreams about?
2. Who lies to Richard, saying that he questioned people in the hopes that the Mother Confessor is alive in order to help her?
3. Who does Richard make swear that they will protect Kahlan the same as they would him?
4. What does Verna use to protect her office magically?
5. What does Verna realize when she returns to her office after visiting the undertaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horror awaits Tobias when he enters the area where the old woman and her granddaughter were imprisoned?
2. Why does Richard insist that the Mord-Sith stay with him and not let him be alone with the Duchess?
3. How does Verna learn that someone was snooping in her office?
4. How is the housekeeper described in Chapter 21?
5. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
6. What does Richard say must be done for freedom at the Confessor's Palace?
7. Why do men on the boat leer at the Sisters of the Dark?
8. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
9. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
10. Why is Richard confused about his interactions with the Duchess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Magic and the supernatural play a significant role in the Blood of the Fold. Who has magical powers? What objects are associated with magic? How is magic wielded? Is magic a force for good? Why or why not? When is magic essential to the forward progression of events and when does magic curtail events? How does magic contribute to an atmosphere of fantasy in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Blood of the Fold is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Goodkind uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Blood of the Fold is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Richard?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)