|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes that Richard's quest is similar to his opponent and is just a desire to take over the world?
2. Who does Verna go with to meet with the undertakers?
3. Who put the ring on the pedestal to be found after the prelate's death?
4. Who lies to Richard, saying that he questioned people in the hopes that the Mother Confessor is alive in order to help her?
5. Who is the only person that can take the object that sits on a pedestal surrounded by a powerful spell inside the Palace of Prophets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Simona confess to Verna about her dreams?
2. Why does Warren think Annalisa made Verna the next prelate?
3. Why do men on the boat leer at the Sisters of the Dark?
4. Why does Richard feel alone after Gratch leaves?
5. Why do the Sisters of the Dark want Richard to die?
6. Why is Richard confused about his interactions with the Duchess?
7. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
8. Where were the six former Sisters of the Light forced to flee the Palace?
9. How does Tobias decided that the Creator is the dream walker?
10. How does Lunetta gain control of the duchess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blood of the Fold is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Richard?
Essay Topic 2
Kahlan is described as the Mother Confessor. What does this role involve? How does this relate to the roles of other characters? What is her relationship to Richard? How is she like other women in the book? How is she different?
Essay Topic 3
The reader learns that Richard is destined to fix the devastation that has befallen the lands in the Blood of the Fold and help the people that belong there. It would appear that Richard has little choice in his life it is completely guided by destiny or fate.
1. Do you think Richardʼs life is controlled by destiny? Do you think everyoneʼs life is controlled by destiny? Why or why not?
2. Discuss whether destiny and free will can both exist in a world. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
3. If fate or destiny was stronger than individual choice discuss why would anyone work towards a goal. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)