|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tobias think is the dream walker?
2. When Verna goes to the sanctuary, what does she use to ask Annalina a question?
3. Whose evil intentions continue to be revealed through deception, killing, and plotting by the end of Chapter 15?
4. What part of the person is partially eaten that was skinned alive where the prisoners were supposed to be held in Tobias' camp?
5. Who does Richard meet with that he presents with papers to surrender her people under Richard's control?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
2. What does Simona confess to Verna about her dreams?
3. How does Tobias decided that the Creator is the dream walker?
4. Why is Richard forced to fight to protect the lands?
5. Why does Tobias kill the duke?
6. Why do the Sisters argue with Verna about her new rule regarding wizards and women in town?
7. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
8. What control does Jagang have over the Sisters of the Dark?
9. How is Galtero's evil ways revealed in Chapter 19?
10. Where were the six former Sisters of the Light forced to flee the Palace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard and Verna are two of the most active and influential characters, whose choices affect all the other characters in the novel.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them, and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Richard had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Verna had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Love and sexuality between different characters is a recurring theme in Blood of the Fold. How do Richard's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for Richard? How do his feelings develop and change for Kahlan, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
Essay Topic 3
The Keeper appears as a Satan-like figure that reigns over hell. Discuss the use of the Keeper in the book. Does Goodkind's portrayal of the Keepermatch your own concept or the concept taught through religion and myth? What kind of powers does the Keeper have? What is your concept of hell in a religious or mythical context?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)