|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person that can take the object that sits on a pedestal surrounded by a powerful spell inside the Palace of Prophets?
2. What helps in determining whether the people being interviewed about the Mother Confessor are telling the truth or not?
3. Who is doing paper work as the prelate when Warren visits her to go see Sister Simona?
4. When Richard says that the people are free to choose what side they are on, what does he say that they must be ready to do?
5. What group were the women in the boat part of before they followed the dark master?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Richard confused about his interactions with the Duchess?
2. How does Tobias decided that the Creator is the dream walker?
3. Why does Warren think Annalisa made Verna the next prelate?
4. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
5. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
6. What does Richard say must be done for freedom at the Confessor's Palace?
7. Why does Tobias slap the face of the dead hunter?
8. How is Galtero's evil ways revealed in Chapter 19?
9. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
10. What control does Jagang have over the Sisters of the Dark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodkind constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 2
Blood of the Fold is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Goodkind uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Love and sexuality between different characters is a recurring theme in Blood of the Fold. How do Richard's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for Richard? How do his feelings develop and change for Kahlan, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)