|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richard say that the people have to surrender to at the Confessor's Palace?
2. When Verna goes to the sanctuary, what does she use to ask Annalina a question?
3. When Richard is attracted to the visitor to his room, what does he seem to be under the influence of?
4. Whose evil intentions continue to be revealed through deception, killing, and plotting by the end of Chapter 15?
5. Who does Tobias think is the dream walker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Richard confused about his interactions with the Duchess?
2. What does Richard say must be done for freedom at the Confessor's Palace?
3. What is the significance of the journey book that Verna finds?
4. What horror awaits Tobias when he enters the area where the old woman and her granddaughter were imprisoned?
5. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
6. How is the housekeeper described in Chapter 21?
7. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
8. How does Tobias decided that the Creator is the dream walker?
9. Why do men on the boat leer at the Sisters of the Dark?
10. Why do the Sisters argue with Verna about her new rule regarding wizards and women in town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reader learns that Richard is destined to fix the devastation that has befallen the lands in the Blood of the Fold and help the people that belong there. It would appear that Richard has little choice in his life it is completely guided by destiny or fate.
1. Do you think Richardʼs life is controlled by destiny? Do you think everyoneʼs life is controlled by destiny? Why or why not?
2. Discuss whether destiny and free will can both exist in a world. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
3. If fate or destiny was stronger than individual choice discuss why would anyone work towards a goal. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Goodkind uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples, making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Blood of the Fold? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)