|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard sitting with his pet in Chapter 2?
2. If Richard sits back and does nothing, who will be able to conquer the lands he is sworn to protect?
3. Who does Tobias think is the dream walker?
4. What does the person who visits Richard offer him in exchange for personal freedom?
5. Who is Richard thinking about while he sits with his pet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
2. Why does Annalina initially refuse to free Zedd after the explosion?
3. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
4. What does the Mord Sith that dies at the hand of a mriswith confess to Richard?
5. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
6. Why is Richard forced to fight to protect the lands?
7. How does Lunetta gain control of the duchess?
8. Why does Tobias slap the face of the dead hunter?
9. Why does Tobias let his sister live?
10. Why are the mriswith willing to help Richard at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes in the book is ethical and social responsibility. List at least four examples where Goodkind employs this specific theme. Is the battle between making ethical choices obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in this kind of battle? Do you think the right person or group won? Does good always triumph over evil in the case of Blood of the Fold ethics? Where do these definitions appear vague or incomprehensible?
Essay Topic 2
Blood of the Fold is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery. Powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Goodkind uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Love and sexuality between different characters is a recurring theme in Blood of the Fold. How do Richard's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for Richard? How do his feelings develop and change for Kahlan, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
This section contains 1,633 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)