|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's pet's name?
2. Who is the strongest of the women in the boat and becomes their leader?
3. What does Verna say is being replaced by gold when the women in the town get pregnant with no repercussions?
4. When Richard says that the people are free to choose what side they are on, what does he say that they must be ready to do?
5. Where is the Mother Confessor headed, according to the people being interviewed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tobias slap the face of the dead hunter?
2. Why is Richard forced to fight to protect the lands?
3. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
4. What control does Jagang have over the Sisters of the Dark?
5. What is the significance of the journey book that Verna finds?
6. How does Tobias decided that the Creator is the dream walker?
7. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
8. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
9. Why are none of the Sisters able to get close to the prelate ring?
10. How is the housekeeper described in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love and sexuality between different characters is a recurring theme in Blood of the Fold. How do Richard's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for Richard? How do his feelings develop and change for Kahlan, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Duchess. What is her role in the story? What was Goodkind trying to accomplish by creating the Duchess' character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The reader learns that Richard is destined to fix the devastation that has befallen the lands in the Blood of the Fold and help the people that belong there. It would appear that Richard has little choice in his life it is completely guided by destiny or fate.
1. Do you think Richardʼs life is controlled by destiny? Do you think everyoneʼs life is controlled by destiny? Why or why not?
2. Discuss whether destiny and free will can both exist in a world. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
3. If fate or destiny was stronger than individual choice discuss why would anyone work towards a goal. Use examples to illustrate your arguments.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)