|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verna use to protect her office magically?
2. What does the person who visits Richard offer him in exchange for personal freedom?
3. When the women run out on the deck of the boat, why do the men on the boat leer at them?
4. What group were the women in the boat part of before they followed the dark master?
5. Whose bodies are on pikes in front of the Confessor's Palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Galtero's evil ways revealed in Chapter 19?
2. Why does Warren think Annalisa made Verna the next prelate?
3. Why do the Sisters argue with Verna about her new rule regarding wizards and women in town?
4. Why does Tobias slap the face of the dead hunter?
5. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
6. How does Verna learn that someone was snooping in her office?
7. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
8. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
9. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
10. Why do men on the boat leer at the Sisters of the Dark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodkind uses more than one instance of irony in the novel. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Goodkind constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 3
Love and sexuality between different characters is a recurring theme in Blood of the Fold. How do Richard's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for Richard? How do his feelings develop and change for Kahlan, and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)