|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to argue with Verna about her new rule about pregnancy, saying that men have uncontrollable urges?
2. Inside the sanctuary, what does Verna find with a note on it instructing Verna to guard it with her life?
3. Who is Verna angry with because she fears that she is being used by Annalina and could be the false prelate?
4. Who does Richard make swear that they will protect Kahlan the same as they would him?
5. What is necessary to use for a spell that Tobias wants, that involves something Richard has touched?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fear that Warren instills in Verna about her role?
2. Why does Verna weep after Warren disappears?
3. Why are the mriswith willing to help Richard at the end of the novel?
4. Why does Richard help the Sisters of the Dark against Jagang?
5. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
6. What does Tobias confess to his sister about the Creator in Chapter 36?
7. Why do the Sisters of the Dark want Richard to die?
8. Why do the Sisters argue with Verna about her new rule regarding wizards and women in town?
9. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
10. How does the housekeeper help Verna escape from her cell?
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for Blood of the Fold. What is the overall setting? How do these areas change over time? How is the Palace of the Prophets different from the depiction of Aydindril? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent rituals or events. Why did Goodkind choose to use these places in Blood of the Fold?
Essay Topic 2
Blood of the Fold is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Richard?
Essay Topic 3
Richard and Verna are two of the most active and influential characters, whose choices affect all the other characters in the novel.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them, and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Richard had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Verna had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
This section contains 1,651 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)