|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tobias dream of?
2. When Tobias returns to his camp, which prisoners does he go to visit and find missing?
3. Who receives an invitation to come to the Confessor's Palace by invitation of Master Rahl?
4. Who believes that Richard's quest is similar to his opponent and is just a desire to take over the world?
5. Where is Richard sitting with his pet in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tobias slap the face of the dead hunter?
2. What does Simona confess to Verna about her dreams?
3. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
4. Why does Richard insist that the Mord-Sith stay with him and not let him be alone with the Duchess?
5. Why did Tobias insist on getting a coin from Richard?
6. How is Galtero's evil ways revealed in Chapter 19?
7. Where were the six former Sisters of the Light forced to flee the Palace?
8. Why does Tobias detain the old woman and her granddaughter from the streets of Aydindril?
9. What is the fear that Warren instills in Verna about her role?
10. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodkind constantly brings up metaphors and imagery associated with strength. Give 3 examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence.
Essay Topic 2
Goodkind uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples, making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Blood of the Fold? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)