|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Verna go to see in the vaults?
2. Whose memories does Verna wipe away after talking to him?
3. What/whom does Simona have bad dreams about?
4. Who receives an invitation to come to the Confessor's Palace by invitation of Master Rahl?
5. Who is detained because of her knowledge about the Mother Confessor that she has not revealed in her interview?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Richard become the next Lord Rahl?
2. What is the significance of the journey book that Verna finds?
3. Why does Richard feel alone after Gratch leaves?
4. What does Richard say must be done for freedom at the Confessor's Palace?
5. Why are none of the Sisters able to get close to the prelate ring?
6. How does Verna learn that someone was snooping in her office?
7. Why does Gratch watch the woods while sitting with Richard on the steps?
8. Why does Tobias slap the face of the dead hunter?
9. How does Richard kill the mriswith that appears in the General's room?
10. What control does Jagang have over the Sisters of the Dark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kahlan is described as the Mother Confessor. What does this role involve? How does this relate to the roles of other characters? What is her relationship to Richard? How is she like other women in the book? How is she different?
Essay Topic 2
Richard and Verna are two of the most active and influential characters, whose choices affect all the other characters in the novel.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them, and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Richard had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Verna had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for Blood of the Fold. What is the overall setting? How do these areas change over time? How is the Palace of the Prophets different from the depiction of Aydindril? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent rituals or events. Why did Goodkind choose to use these places in Blood of the Fold?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)