|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Merissa try to kill, but escapes after hearing that Kahlan is in the Palace of the Prophets?
2. What helps Richard figure out who could be the assailant in his room?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His fear.
(c) His intuition.
(d) His emotions.
3. Who realizes that Zedd is the wizard in the prophecy that will rescue her?
4. Where does Richard want to travel, where the Palace of the Prophets are?
(a) The Midlands.
(b) The Confessor's land.
(c) The Old World.
(d) The Keeper's land.
5. With whom does Gratch go over the edge of the Keep?
(a) The mriswith.
(b) The demons.
(c) The wraiths.
(d) The ghosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must be the bait that Jagang hopes to use to lure Richard to the Palace?
2. Who does Annalina think is the dream walker that she tells Verna about?
3. Who did the Sisters put a Rada'Han on, forcing him to confess to a prophecy?
4. How does Annalina pay for a honey cake?
5. Who is the housekeeper that enters Verna's cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Holly go out to play instead of helping her grandmother?
2. How does Verna save the journey book?
3. What does Zedd threaten to do if Verna does not remove the collar?
4. How does Merissa plant the seed of doubt about Richard in Kahlan's mind?
5. Why does Ulicia feel that the world has ended when she reaches the palace after leaving the ship?
6. What happens when Annalina buys a honey cake?
7. Why does Richard help the Sisters of the Dark against Jagang?
8. How does Jagang force the Sisters of the Dark to satisfy the desires of his men?
9. Why does Verna weep after Warren disappears?
10. Why is Kahlan angry with Richard after she reads his letter?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)