|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Kid go to the beach to do?
2. Who does the Kid dream about?
3. Which of the characters scalps the dead?
4. What kills the man's horse?
5. What does the man do to Elrod?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Kid survive the snow and the soldiers' onslaught?
2. What does the Judge say to Tobin and the Kid?
3. How do Glanton and his gang use the ferry?
4. Describe the confrontation between the Kid and the Judge in Chapter 22.
5. How does Glanton decide who kills the injured men.
6. Describe the argument between the proprietor and Jackson in the diner.
7. Describe how the man dies.
8. What do the women do with the boy in the cage?
9. Summarize the novel.
10. In Chapter 21 how do the Kid and Tobin recover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of the Kid and Judge Holden.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Why is it significant that the Judge kills the Kid at the end?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does McCarthy use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What comparisons can be drawn between Samuel Chamberlain's My Confession and Blood Meridian? Which is the more accurate account and why? Why does McCarty uses Chamberlain's novel as a reference point?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)