|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters goes to the Indian camp with Glanton?
2. With whom does the man spend a few minutes?
3. Who do Toadvine and the Kid meet at Alamo Mucho?
4. What do the women want to do with the side show's brother?
5. In what part of the body is Tobin shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the gang get to the town of Jesus Maria?
2. What do the women do with the boy in the cage?
3. How does the Kid survive the snow and the soldiers' onslaught?
4. How do Glanton and his gang use the ferry?
5. How does the gang celebrate its victory?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. What happens to the gang's Indian scouts?
8. The gang tries to convince the doctor of what?
9. Describe the confrontation between the Kid and the Judge in Chapter 22.
10. How does the book end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blood Meridian is a popular book which has greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book written after Blood Meridian that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his goals and motives. Does he achieve his motives? Why? Does he share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do his goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Blood Meridian is written in the third person.
1) Why do you think McCarthy chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the first person?
2)Choose a character from the novel and discuss how the story would be different if he were the narrator?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)