|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of philosophical discussion does the gang have?
2. Where is the doctor headed before he takes over the ferry?
3. How many men live in the church?
4. Where are Tobin and the Kid able to refresh themselves?
5. What does Elrod call the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the boy's puppies?
2. How does the gang get to the town of Jesus Maria?
3. Describe how the man dies.
4. How does Glanton decide who kills the injured men.
5. Describe the confrontation between the Kid and the Judge in Chapter 22.
6. How does the book end?
7. What does the Kid do after he recovers from his wound?
8. Describe the argument between the proprietor and Jackson in the diner.
9. Describe how Elrod gets killed.
10. How does the Kid survive the snow and the soldiers' onslaught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does McCarthy's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Blood Meridian is a popular book which has greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book written after Blood Meridian that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact of good and evil within our culture. Have representations of good and evil had a negative impact on society? Does the division of good and evil make things seem simpler than what they are? Does McCarthy subvert any ideas of good and evil in Blood Meridian?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)