Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has the tree been decorated?
2. What is the name of the group of men?
3. How old is the Kid when he runs away?
4. What did the hermit used to be?
5. What is the name of the village where the gang heads next?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the man dies.
2. Describe the Kid's time with the Hermit.
3. Where is the Kid taken when he is arrested?
4. Describe the fight with the bear.
5. Describe the fight between the Indians and the gang.
6. How did the Judge help the gang massacre the Indians?
7. Describe how the soldiers walk into the Indian attack.
8. In what way does Chapter 20 show a theme of evil?
9. How does Glanton decide who kills the injured men.
10. How does the kid get robbed?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss McCarthy's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Note how his feelings about religion and philosophy enter his work.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of the Kid and Judge Holden.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Why is it significant that the Judge kills the Kid at the end?
Essay Topic 3
Blood Meridian is part of the Western genre.
1) What are the conventions of the Western genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way has Blood Meridian helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in Blood Meridian?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)