|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days later do the three men ride out with the Glanton gang?
2. How many recruits does the Kid go into town with?
3. What does the gang come across in the morning?
4. Who pays for the guns?
5. Whose head is the gang after?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is in the old presido?
2. How does the kid get robbed?
3. Describe the gang's journey toward Texas.
4. What does the bald man say is wrong with the preacher?
5. Why does the Captain want to fight the Mexicans?
6. Describe the landscape in this chapter.
7. What bad luck does the Kid have at the end of the chapter?
8. Where is the Kid taken when he is arrested?
9. What is the business of the Glanton gang?
10. Describe the Kid's early life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What comparisons can be drawn between Samuel Chamberlain's My Confession and Blood Meridian? Which is the more accurate account and why? Why does McCarty uses Chamberlain's novel as a reference point?
Essay Topic 2
Blood Meridian is a popular book which has greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book written after Blood Meridian that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does McCarthy's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)