|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important to continue the fight against the Mexicans?
2. For whom is the Kentucky soldier looking?
3. How many men die within ten days?
4. What language can the Judge speak?
5. How many Indians does the gang kill in the initial attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does the company face from the very beginning?
2. What does the bald man say is wrong with the preacher?
3. What bad luck does the Kid have at the end of the chapter?
4. How did the Judge help the gang massacre the Indians?
5. Describe the fight between the Indians and the gang.
6. How does the Judge sort out the problem between the soldiers and Glanton when paying for the guns?
7. What do the prisoners see when they are let out of their cells?
8. Describe the Kid's time with the Hermit.
9. How does the Kid find his donkey again?
10. How do the cattlemen help out the Kid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact of good and evil within our culture. Have representations of good and evil had a negative impact on society? Does the division of good and evil make things seem simpler than what they are? Does McCarthy subvert any ideas of good and evil in Blood Meridian?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss McCarthy's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book? Note how his feelings about religion and philosophy enter his work.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does McCarthy's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)