|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What small town does the gang enter?
(a) Jesus Maria
(c) Mary Joseph
(d) John and Jose
2. Who does the freak show owner use as the main attraction?
(a) His brother
(b) His sister
(c) His dog
(d) His mother
3. Who saves the side show man's brother from drowning?
(a) The Judge
(d) The Kid
4. Tobin and the Kid travel to ___________.
(a) Mexico City
(b) San Diego
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
5. Who comes by Tobin and the Kid's hiding place?
(c) The Judge
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the gang find the pueblo?
2. What is the name of the feast?
3. To whom does the Judge compare warmongers?
4. Who shoots the puppies?
5. What does Elrod try and do later that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the gang celebrate its victory?
2. Describe the confrontation between the Kid and the Judge in Chapter 22.
3. How do Glanton and his gang use the ferry?
4. In what way does Chapter 20 show a theme of evil?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. Who wants to join the gang in Chapter 17?
7. What happens to the boy's puppies?
8. Describe how the man dies.
9. Describe the fight between the locals and the gang.
10. The gang tries to convince the doctor of what?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)