|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Kid dream about?
(b) The Judge
(c) Black Johnson
2. What does Glanton use to make the men chose who shoots the injured men?
3. Who arrests the Kid in the tavern?
(a) The sheriff
(b) The Judge
(d) The governor
4. What part of the body does the arrow hit the Kid?
(a) In the leg
(b) In the back
(c) In the arm
(d) In the neck
5. Where are Tobin and the Kid able to refresh themselves?
(a) Warner's Ranch
(b) Wild Ranch
(c) Walt's Ranch
(d) Johnson's Ranch
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being prepared at the tavern?
2. What does the Kid do to stop the surgery from being painful?
3. With whom does the man share his memories?
4. Which of the following characters goes to the Indian camp with Glanton?
5. Which of the characters does not want to stop at the old mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the gang get to the town of Jesus Maria?
2. Summarize the novel.
3. In what way does Chapter 20 show a theme of evil?
4. What happens to the boy's puppies?
5. How does the gang celebrate its victory?
6. How does the Kid survive the snow and the soldiers' onslaught?
7. In Chapter 21 how do the Kid and Tobin recover?
8. How do Glanton and his gang use the ferry?
9. Describe how Elrod gets killed.
10. What does the Kid do after he recovers from his wound?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)