|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the gang ride out of Sonora?
2. What kills the man's horse?
(a) A lion
(b) An indian
(c) A soldier
(d) A wild bull
3. How many days later do the Indians attack?
(a) Two days
(b) Four days
(c) Six days
(d) Five days
4. Who do Toadvine and the Kid meet at Alamo Mucho?
(b) The doctor
(d) The Judge
5. Where does the gang find its scouts mutilated?
(a) In the river
(b) In a tree
(c) In a church
(d) In a ditch
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Kid have to kill?
2. To whom does the Judge compare warmongers?
3. Which of the characters scalps the dead?
4. Who does the gang see crucified in the desert?
5. Where does the doctor live?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what do the Judge and the gang leaders agree?
2. Describe the confrontation between the Kid and the Judge in Chapter 22.
3. Describe how Elrod gets killed.
4. Describe the argument between the proprietor and Jackson in the diner.
5. In what way does Chapter 20 show a theme of evil?
6. How does the Kid survive the snow and the soldiers' onslaught?
7. What do the women do with the boy in the cage?
8. How does the gang celebrate its victory?
9. What does the Judge say to Tobin and the Kid?
10. What does the Kid do after he recovers from his wound?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)