|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills the man's horse?
(a) An indian
(b) A wild bull
(c) A lion
(d) A soldier
2. With whom does the Judge turn up?
(b) His mother
(c) The side show boy
3. What does Elrod call the man?
(a) A girl
(b) A simpleton
(c) A fool
(d) A liar
4. Who is in command of the legion of soldiers?
(a) General Lock
(b) Captain White
(c) Bill Lydon
(d) Colonel Garcia
5. Where does the side showman keep his brother?
(a) A cupboard
(b) Chained to his bed
(c) A bag
(d) A cage
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the feast?
2. What does the little boy offer to sell the Judge?
3. Where is the doctor headed before he takes over the ferry?
4. With whom does the man share his memories?
5. What charges the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Toadvine and the Kid escape the Indians?
2. How do Glanton and his gang use the ferry?
3. What does the Kid do after he recovers from his wound?
4. How does Glanton decide who kills the injured men.
5. What happens to the boy's puppies?
6. Describe the argument between the proprietor and Jackson in the diner.
7. How does the book end?
8. What does the Judge say to Tobin and the Kid?
9. Describe how Elrod gets killed.
10. The gang tries to convince the doctor of what?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)