|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gang ask for from the doctor in exchange for their protecting him?
(a) His money
(b) His knife
(c) His gun
(d) His fort
2. Who takes pity on Tobin and the Kid?
(a) A Mexican family
(b) Black Johnson
(d) The Judge
3. Who saves the side show man's brother from drowning?
(b) The Judge
(c) The Kid
4. Which character decides to stay with the Judge?
(b) The side show boy
(c) The Kid
5. Where does the doctor live?
(a) A church
(b) A mud hut
(c) A tent
(d) A hillside fortification
Short Answer Questions
1. What charges the men?
2. Where does the gang camp?
3. Which character does the Judge say has lost his mind?
4. How many days later do the Indians attack?
5. In what part of the body is Tobin shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Toadvine and the Kid escape the Indians?
2. Summarize the novel.
3. Describe how Elrod gets killed.
4. What does the Judge say to Tobin and the Kid?
5. What happens to the boy's puppies?
6. How does the book end?
7. The gang tries to convince the doctor of what?
8. In Chapter 21 how do the Kid and Tobin recover?
9. What happens between Glanton and the Indians in Chapter 16?
10. How does the gang celebrate its victory?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)